SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

Ducati engines of yesteryears were build to last forever. Replacement of engines is usually by choice not by neccessity.

Personal opinion, set aside 4k todo any form of misc that may pop up. Getting a good bike would be a bonus. Get 1 with a good history would save u the hassle of troubleshooting.

If u r looking for a bike let me no, i know of 2 that are selling.

Bro what you mean by last forever?

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro what you mean by last forever?

Eg. Jap bikes after a certain amt of mil you are required to do a top overhaul, change pistons and piston rings blar blar blar. But for ducatis its a choice. Have not heard of a ducati of that era required to do a top overhaul if the owners had followed proper maintenance schedules.

Personally, i had my previously owned m400 opened up but only to realise that it was not required as the engine was still fine.

But to put ur heart at rest, just get a newer model m400 with low mil and u should be fine i suppose.

If u have the time, u can go thru the whole thread to see what other owners have done and enquired abt and the problems 1 may experience to get a better picture.

Ic.. Well is it safe to say that if one can afford maintaining a super four, maintaining a ducati isnt a problem as well?

Errmm thats not exactly accurate as its subjective. Besides i've never owned a super4 so i cant comment. Maybe someone else might be able to give their 2cents.

hi guys. i went to minerva last sat and i noticed even lesser bikes up for sale at the showroom. guess its time to revamp and standby for the arrival of the 1199.. unfortunately, no more underseat cannisters on the 1199. but it still looks great..

anyway.. i was browsing thru some ducs parked outside and had a chat with the mechanic there. he told me that a monster 400 requires the same maintenance as a class 2 bike.. i was quite suprised actually.. most forumers here explained that the regular servicing and maintenance of an m400 is abit cheaper than a super four. hmmm

Hi guys. Thought of buying a brandnew bike. Currently i hv a hard time to choose between DucM696 n cbr6. I know they are totally in a diff world/class/posture n so on.. Street vs supersport. Price wise i think both +- are the same. I ever owned a honda bike n i can say the maintainance for jap bike should be pretty easy n straight forward. But how abt the m696? Besides the normal servicing n 12k interval check up, what else that i look for?

*my mind is lean towards honda but deep inside my heart i just love the every bit of the duc. hah. help me guys!!

No tune, no life. -JM

*M796@FA4M*

hi guys. i went to minerva last sat and i noticed even lesser bikes up for sale at the showroom. guess its time to revamp and standby for the arrival of the 1199.. unfortunately, no more underseat cannisters on the 1199. but it still looks great..

anyway.. i was browsing thru some ducs parked outside and had a chat with the mechanic there. he told me that a monster 400 requires the same maintenance as a class 2 bike.. i was quite suprised actually.. most forumers here explained that the regular servicing and maintenance of an m400 is abit cheaper than a super four. hmmm

I'm not sure if the forumers have said that its cheaper. Personally i would not be able to comment on the price comparison as i have never owned a super4.

But it is correct to say that a class 2 ducati and class 2a ducati have generally the same service intervals and work done would be the same. A ducati is a ducati after all regardless of cc. The difference would in the cost of parts i suppose. Eg my 1000ds engine belts cost 104 a pc while the m400 belts cost abt 140 a set.

Only thing i would say is that u wont need to do maintenance top overhaul after 5 yrs on a ducati but is required for japanese bikes.

If the general concern is abt maintenance cost, it is of cos advisable to stay with a japanese bike. Their parts are cheaper whichever way u look @ it.

Hi guys. Thought of buying a brandnew bike. Currently i hv a hard time to choose between DucM696 n cbr6. I know they are totally in a diff world/class/posture n so on.. Street vs supersport. Price wise i think both +- are the same. I ever owned a honda bike n i can say the maintainance for jap bike should be pretty easy n straight forward. But how abt the m696? Besides the normal servicing n 12k interval check up, what else that i look for?

*my mind is lean towards honda but deep inside my heart i just love the every bit of the duc. hah. help me guys!!

Currently on discussion on the sbf ducati riders group is about where to do maintenance and cost. Look it up.

And if u r looking at a brand new m696, then consider the m795. Its supposed to be priced close to the m696. Only thing is that its assembled in thailand.

Cbr6 and m696 are worlds apart. But u gotta ask urself whats are your reasons for choosing these 2 bikes.

Currently on discussion on the sbf ducati riders group is about where to do maintenance and cost. Look it up.

And if u r looking at a brand new m696, then consider the m795. Its supposed to be priced close to the m696. Only thing is that its assembled in thailand.

Cbr6 and m696 are worlds apart. But u gotta ask urself whats are your reasons for choosing these 2 bikes.

Agree. For me I would go with the duc as I prefer the riding posture and the torque at low rpm.

I'm not sure if the forumers have said that its cheaper. Personally i would not be able to comment on the price comparison as i have never owned a super4.

But it is correct to say that a class 2 ducati and class 2a ducati have generally the same service intervals and work done would be the same. A ducati is a ducati after all regardless of cc. The difference would in the cost of parts i suppose. Eg my 1000ds engine belts cost 104 a pc while the m400 belts cost abt 140 a set.

Only thing i would say is that u wont need to do maintenance top overhaul after 5 yrs on a ducati but is required for japanese bikes.

If the general concern is abt maintenance cost, it is of cos advisable to stay with a japanese bike. Their parts are cheaper whichever way u look @ it.

Ive read it on this thread. A fellow forumer explained that servicing a monster costs cheaper than a super four. its on the very first page of this thread. post number 17 specifically.

what u meant is the interval for the next servicing for a ducati is shorter, than compared to a super four. correct me if im wrong. but the service costs is cheaper?

Ive read it on this thread. A fellow forumer explained that servicing a monster costs cheaper than a super four. its on the very first page of this thread. post number 17 specifically.

what u meant is the interval for the next servicing for a ducati is shorter, than compared to a super four. correct me if im wrong. but the service costs is cheaper?

maybe someone else whom has had a 400cc jap bike would be able to comment. But i can say that the m400 service intervals is 10kkm and valve clearance is done every 20kkm. On average i would say it would cost roughly 800 excluding misc parts like brake pads and tires every 20kkm to maintain a m400. (inclusive of 10kkm servicing) This would also exclude replacement of faulty parts.

Disclaimer: the above figures are only an estimate as i generally do not keep track.

As indicated in the ducati riders group thread, most recent 24kkm servicing cost for 1098 is between 1.2k to 1.4k inclusive of misc. What they change in regards to misc is subjective as its not clearly indicated.

Do not get the wrong impression that i'm trying to give u a run abt answer. Just trying to answer you to the best of my knowledge. As mention, maybe someone whom has owned a 400cc jap bike may shine some light on this topic.

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. I guess im too excited to own it but a lil nervous with the maintainance / parts availability / costs, well if i buy a duc it would be my 1st euro bike. Besides reading previous pages i dont know nuts about these beast. Only know that ducs are abit expensive than most class 2 jap bikes when come to parts/maintainance.

Actually im a big fan of honda. Be it bikes or cars. I just love the way they built their engines. Sold off both my beloved honda bike n car. And now im riding my spare 'ah pek' bike. (thought of laying low for awhile) but i just cant help it with the speed n distance when travelling from home to work.

I wonder do u guys ride your duc in a daily basis to your workplace?

Agree. For me I would go with the duc as I prefer the riding posture and the torque at low rpm.

Riding posture is comfort n the torque at low rpm is purely street hooligans unlike the racing posture n happy high rev cbr.

Bro dodo had mentioned earlier that m795 is assembled in thailand. Wanna check how do u guys found the quality/finishing between m696 and m795?

Hope to hear more from the seniors here. Thx a million :)

No tune, no life. -JM

*M796@FA4M*

Paiseh i just google-ed m795. Its a new monster tailor made for asia and the factory is in thailand.. Ducati will launch it in early dec.

For me the seat is abit dissappointment. I prefer the one with m696/796 tho.

No tune, no life. -JM

*M796@FA4M*

Paiseh i just google-ed m795. Its a new monster tailor made for asia and the factory is in thailand.. Ducati will launch it in early dec.

For me the seat is abit dissappointment. I prefer the one with m696/796 tho.

Generally there are riders whom ride their bikes as their transport bikes. There's nothing wrong wif doing as such as long as they maintain their regular service intervals.

This is the correct thread, just that its currently lacking in activity as most of us have migrated to a different form of communication. I regularly check in here thanks to the beauty for apple iphone apps. Of cos i try to answer to the best that i can and at least leave an avenue where new owners can find the monster group.

Actually to my knowledge, m696, m796, m1100 and m795 share the same seat, just that either with or without cowling. Minerva has started to take in orders for the m795 but showroom piece has yet to arrive.