SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I've set my eyes on a used M400. After stalking this thread for a considerable amount of time, I still can't find out much about the issues of buying a used duke. Maintenance costs aside (Shouldn't be too much if the bike's taken care of, right?), what am I expected to change/fix from the bike?

If anyone would be so kind to enlighten me about the things I have to look out for when viewing the bike, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Ups for monster xD ~

Just gotten my 2A license yesterday, and was intending to get a Monster 400.

Too bad due to some issues and some bike problems previously, I am low on cash =(

Now a m400 is so near yet so far !

On a side note, any shops selling 2nd hand Monster ? Cuz hard to get installment payment with private sellers and loans get a little troublesome for direct buyer-seller cases =x

Adventure.

Ups for monster xD ~

Just gotten my 2A license yesterday, and was intending to get a Monster 400.

Too bad due to some issues and some bike problems previously, I am low on cash =(

Now a m400 is so near yet so far !

On a side note, any shops selling 2nd hand Monster ? Cuz hard to get installment payment with private sellers and loans get a little troublesome for direct buyer-seller cases =x

I will suggest that you stick to your 2B bike at the moment which looks good in your signature pic. By doing that, you can save up more cash. Upgrade to class 2 and get a class 2 duke. A 2A monster is usually a transition bike which many at times are used and abused.

Hi hungry and shunpo,

Basically, just like every other bike, there are wear and tear parts which require to be replaced. Especially for older machines. But every bike is different so every bike's problems are different. But in a nutshell, u'll be looking @ least $2k worth of maintance per yr.

But a word of caution, if u intend on having a fling with a ducati i strong advise against it. Buy 1 and keep for 2-3yrs. If u r goin to ride it for 1 yr before upgrading i suggest u get a japanese bike then upgrade to a ducati.

But if u r still wanna take the leap, drop me a PM as i know a few that r for sale. On average bike shops only loan 5k for m400.

And if u wanna learn more, we do announce our meet ups here so drop by and have a cuppa with us and we'll answer all your qns.

Thanks for the reply =)

Previously I was riding phantom, only till it went down on me , and I decided to sell it to other bikers for them to overhaul.

Which is why I have gotten myself an SP just to tide me over for that few months. Also just to experience sports bike for once ._.

I mainly ride for commuting, so a sportsbike isn't going to be a long lasting option, since it gets freaking uncomfortable.Plus being a high rev machine, lane splits during slow moving traffic is quite tedious.

I guess I will still get myself a duke haha, have been eyeing on it since before I took my 2b.

I have given you a pm for some questions ~ Thanks for the help once again~

Adventure.

Hi dodobird,

I'm currently riding an RS125, so spending 2k a year on maintenance wont really be much of a difference lol. If you guys don't mind a 2B bike joining on a meetup, I'll pop by and see what I can learn for sure.

Anyways, you're right about the M400 being a transition bike. I'm definitely getting myself a class 2 in due time, but it'll be a sportsbike. Planning to keep the M400 as a leisure/hobby bike to enjoy.

Hi dodobird,

I'm currently riding an RS125, so spending 2k a year on maintenance wont really be much of a difference lol. If you guys don't mind a 2B bike joining on a meetup, I'll pop by and see what I can learn for sure.

Anyways, you're right about the M400 being a transition bike. I'm definitely getting myself a class 2 in due time, but it'll be a sportsbike. Planning to keep the M400 as a leisure/hobby bike to enjoy.

well if u are coming from the rs125 you should talk to lacrimosae, seraphx, or Isa. all 3 came from the rs125.

doesnt matter what bike you ride or whether you ride or not. all are welcome to attend. but just gotta wait for the Indian chiefs to announce the meet ups.

to those whom wanna learn more abt ducatis in general, or have a cuppa with like minded riders, or maybe go for a short ride, or for whichever reason wants to meet us, drop hann, singha, or me a PM of ur details inclusive of name, contact, district, email address, make/model and we'll update u on all mobile activations.

well if u are coming from the rs125 you should talk to lacrimosae, seraphx, or Isa. all 3 came from the rs125.

doesnt matter what bike you ride or whether you ride or not. all are welcome to attend. but just gotta wait for the Indian chiefs to announce the meet ups.

Would be happy to answer any queries to the best of my knowledge.

Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.

Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

http://www.themuser.com/forum/index.php

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/lacrimosae/Aprilia/siggiecollage.jpg

Hi there,

As I bought the RS relatively new so I did not face any issues about the bike not starting/faulty this faulty that, what should I expect if I decide to buy an M400? Your reply would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Lol nothing wrong with having flings with ducatis...

Hi hungry and shunpo,

Basically, just like every other bike, there are wear and tear parts which require to be replaced. Especially for older machines. But every bike is different so every bike's problems are different. But in a nutshell, u'll be looking @ least $2k worth of maintance per yr.

But a word of caution, if u intend on having a fling with a ducati i strong advise against it. Buy 1 and keep for 2-3yrs. If u r goin to ride it for 1 yr before upgrading i suggest u get a japanese bike then upgrade to a ducati.

But if u r still wanna take the leap, drop me a PM as i know a few that r for sale. On average bike shops only loan 5k for m400.

And if u wanna learn more, we do announce our meet ups here so drop by and have a cuppa with us and we'll answer all your qns.

Dreamed I was a muffler. Woke up exhausted.

Hi hungry and shunpo,

If you need loans, look me up.. I can speak to a few contacts for you.. Whether you qualify for the loan or not, s another matter..

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.. - Faust

Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, and ideas, are bulletproof - V

Safe? Definately. Not necessarily slow, but safe.. - Seraph Tan

Same here..

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.. - Faust

Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, and ideas, are bulletproof - V

Ohk.. Serious question, expecting serious answers..

Besides GPR and Arrow, are there other street legal exhaust systems/slip-ons for a 2001 Ducati Monster S4?

GPRs don't have good finishing, and don't have that much of a power boost but sound and look great..

Arrows have great finishing, nice power, but don't sound great or is even much to look at..

Nothing from LeoVince, Gianelli or Akrapovic.. Kinda disappointing..

I've been trying to contact Motovation regarding Mivv exhausts but to no avail.

So.. Anyone has any ideas, or can clue me in the right direction?

If you need loans, look me up.. I can speak to a few contacts for you.. Whether you qualify for the loan or not, s another matter..

Thanks seraphx, but I don't intend to do a reloan for the bike. If the condition of the bike is okay and I decide to go for it, I'll pay the seller in cash.

hi to those interested in getting a monster 400, im selling mine at $8500. come and arrange a viewing if you are interested. pic is in my sig. used the monster for some light touring. do drop me a pm. it is not a urgent sale as im still keeping it if no one hits my price.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/206249_10150219444627783_610102782_8520246_7743888_n.jpg

She's a monster, she's a monster.. beautiful monster..

Seeking some advice from everyone....

Today i encountered something what my friends told me as 'fake neutral'. was wondering if any of the fellow monster riders here encounter this too.

I was cruising along 80-90km/hr, upshifting from 4th to 5th gear. But somehow the gears didn't engage and it's something similar to being in neutral gear.

Is it common among the monsters or other ducati makes? Or is it some symptom that something needs to be changed/replaced/repaired/maintain?

thanks!

Haha dude my M400 has 9 gears 1/n/2/n/3/n/4/n/5. I realised that you have to be deliberate to go all the way with the gear changes. Maybe because my monster is a 98 model and the clutch plates are prob quite worned.