SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wanna change my monster 400 to have a dual brake system.. currently, the only thing im missing out the front right fork with the holder to fix on the brake caliper.. does any ducati workshop carry them? cause currently those on ebay really expensive..

Forks come in a set. Unless u can find salvaged parts from ebay. Diff bikes have diff diamensions. The forks from a pre 97, 97-99 and 2000 onwards are also different. Front brake calipers also have diff sizes. Then u have the different sizes of the front axle. Quite a number of us have done this conversion. Source for parts carefully.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]221810[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]221811[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]221812[/ATTACH]

Taken off brand new Speed Triple. $120 cash and carry. Interested please contact me at 96380063. Cheers!

Dude, kindly indicate if its 1 side reverse thread and whether the thread is 8mm or 10mm.

Btw just curious but were u the 1 at racewerks on sat with the brand new white speed triple?

Dropped by minerva to pick up fork seals for my GT1000 as my right fork is leaking.

No stock. Thought this is pretty standard wear & tear stuff... Anyway, at $207 for the fork seals, i'm thinking there should be OEM alternatives else where or online.

Where do i go for Ducati parts online? OEM or Original are fine.

http://i38.tinypic.com/qno77d.gif

Dropped by minerva to pick up fork seals for my GT1000 as my right fork is leaking.

No stock. Thought this is pretty standard wear & tear stuff... Anyway, at $207 for the fork seals, i'm thinking there should be OEM alternatives else where or online.

Where do i go for Ducati parts online? OEM or Original are fine.

You can try this site. Their shipping charges are steep though, may want to use Vpost or some other shipper to get your items here.

http://store.proitalia.com/ducati_oem_parts.php

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s351/thenation_bucket/whowatches.jpg

Hey guys check this

http://www.monster.ducati.com/M795.html

i dont get the difference from the M796 though.

Is it somehow cheaper? or better suited to "us" asians?

If not, i think i rather stick to the 796... off hand power and such seems all the same. your thoughts appreciated

795 has double sided swingarm compared to 796.

When it comes to bikes, I only see red…

yeah...IMHO, it look almost the same as 796, but w/o the single swing arm.

796 looks better. However, are there a different between single n normal swing arm? (except the look of it)

No other practical difference for the average rider except a different rear stand if you use them.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s351/thenation_bucket/whowatches.jpg

Date/Time : 30 October · 11:00 - 14:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meet at Newton Circus carpark for a ride around Singapore before the AGM, ending at Hard Rock Cafe.

Ride is open to all and you may join the club for more benefits

Hi guys.. Me and my cuzin are considering a ducati monster 400 very soon.. It is an old bike no doubt. But the thing that is holding us back is whether major problems with the bike will occur once we purchase it. We dont mind wear and tear on minor parts. But we are really afraid that something will go haywire and thus burning a huge hole in our pockets.. Ive come to trust ducati bikes alot as i read alot of Good reviews about them.. In this case, we just need assurances.. Anyone have encountered any major problems with their monster 400?

Hi guys.. Me and my cuzin are considering a ducati monster 400 very soon.. It is an old bike no doubt. But the thing that is holding us back is whether major problems with the bike will occur once we purchase it. We dont mind wear and tear on minor parts. But we are really afraid that something will go haywire and thus burning a huge hole in our pockets.. Ive come to trust ducati bikes alot as i read alot of Good reviews about them.. In this case, we just need assurances.. Anyone have encountered any major problems with their monster 400?

This depends on what u consider a major problem.

Maybe a list of maintenance that has been done. Receipts of parts (internal & external) that has been replaced (spark plugs, starter coil, timing belt, engine oil, etc..). Probably that will give u some assurance.

Other than that, set aside $2k. If nothing happens, then the $2k will be a bonus (carbon fibre parts, rizoma, etc...). Most important is to ensure your brake pads and brake fluid are still 'usable'. My 2 cents worth :)

Hi Bros,

Long time no log in here. I am selling my lovely bike (M400). Anyone interested, please let me know or contact me. FI / YR05 / GPR Street Legal Carbon Fibre Exhaust. Bike is now at Hann's place.

Thanks Hann for your great help! :)

Cheers! Hope to get a good-caring next owner for my bike :)

RiDe WiTh LittleAngel AnD YoU'll KnOw ShE iS nOt To Be BuLLiEd On ThE rOaDs... :cheeky:

well.. we are just afraid that the engine might malfunction which will result in us having no choice but to replace it.. since it is an old bike.. those sorts of major problems we wana avoid..

Ducati engines of yesteryears were build to last forever. Replacement of engines is usually by choice not by neccessity.

Personal opinion, set aside 4k todo any form of misc that may pop up. Getting a good bike would be a bonus. Get 1 with a good history would save u the hassle of troubleshooting.

If u r looking for a bike let me no, i know of 2 that are selling.