SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CDC versus SSDC

jgtc

just would like to share my experiences between the 2 schools. I took my 2b last year in CDC. it was a real hassle as the waiting time for taking each lesson takes sooo long if you don't book 3 in a row. What I did was try to book 3 lessons in intervals of 48 hrs so that if i advanced to the next level, I will cancel the remaining lessons.

most of the instructors were super strict and make it very hard to advance. many learners were stuck in one lesson for 4-5 times. crazy.

And even when I can advance to the next level, the next available lesson is sometimes more than 1 week away.

almost gave up but persevered.

Now, after 1 year, i went back to get my 2A, was informed that my first avialable lesson is 8 days away. to make matters worse, the first available theory lesson ( for 2A) is more than 40 days away!!! This means that should there be a miracle and I went through all the lessons in 2-3 weeks, I still have to wait about 2 more weeks, attend the theory, and then can be allowed to apply for the practical test- which we don't know how far away it is.

In frustration, I applied in SSDC and WOW, theory available on the next day ( which I've already completed).first lesson is 3 days from date of enrollment. It's now 8 days from date of enrollment and I've completed theory lesson,( prac 1) 2 practical lessons and now waiting for my Prac 2 in 4 days time.

Guys, I stay in the east and this is woodlands we are talking about. i think it's worth the trips there.

no regrets.

whats even better is that they have several circuits and when 1 is busy, the instructor will lead you to another on a different floor, which means- more practice and higher chance of passing the prac.

no frustration, no hassle!!

anyone is free to pose questions or comment

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro actually u shouldn't enroll class 2a in cdc since u already knew tis when enrolling class 2b.

anyway, ya, it's well known tat cdc has d worst time slot... think too many students since its location at centre.

i enrolled in bbdc for both class 2a n 2, and i could even book the lesson an hour before it starts. haha... so i guess bbdc n ssdc are better in terms of time slot allocation.

My Ride History:

1997 - 2003 : Yamaha SRE 100 a.k.a My First Love

2001 - 2004 : Yamaha Sports Y110SS a.k.a My First 2-Stroke Bike

2005 - 2012 : Honda Phantom TA200 a.k.a My First Cruiser Bike

2012 - 2012 : Honda CB400 Spec II a.k.a My First VTEC Love

2013 - NOW : Yamaha YZF-R1 a.k.a My First SuperBike :cool:

bro actually u shouldn't enroll class 2a in cdc since u already knew tis when enrolling class 2b.

anyway, ya, it's well known tat cdc has d worst time slot... think too many students since its location at centre.

i enrolled in bbdc for both class 2a n 2, and i could even book the lesson an hour before it starts. haha... so i guess bbdc n ssdc are better in terms of time slot allocation.

2nd to that, i took my 2b at cdc, 2a at bbdc and 2 at ssdc, i must say for all centres, bbdc is the best for slots, but than again if cdc is strict as always and the tp test is rather diff to pass i think for starters like 2b, shouldn't be better?

as in we will get to have a good habit of riding more carefully or rather skillfully, that's my opinion thou haha might be different with some... but still, for 2a and 2, i never regretted going ssdc or bbdc...

its been so long...

yeah CDC is too pack. they cant cope with the demand already yet they continue to enrol new students. Please dont go CDC unless u dont mind waiting.

I clear my 2A lessons at ssdc in 1 week, and class 2 took me 2 weeks cuz slot not that good. my friend at CDC class 2A took him 2 months to clear. cuz each lesson he wait 2-3 weeks.

What best of SSDC's multiple stories with shelter is that you can continue to ride without fear or hassle of changing raincoat. However at BBDC and CDC you have to endure the rain (no shelter at all). However the downside is Too much of a protection away from the rain will not help u during your class 2B test bcos you still need to go on the road for your TP. Unless you don't mind continue to ride your bike at SSDC highest storey (5th sty no shelter one).

SSDC and BBDC the best driving centre in singapore.

DOnt go to CDC.

yeah CDC is too pack. they cant cope with the demand already yet they continue to enrol new students. Please dont go CDC unless u dont mind waiting.

I clear my 2A lessons at ssdc in 1 week, and class 2 took me 2 weeks cuz slot not that good. my friend at CDC class 2A took him 2 months to clear. cuz each lesson he wait 2-3 weeks.

I, too, took my class 2B in SSDC though I live in the north east and work on the far west, I still preferred taking my classes at SSDC. No matter how far it is, if u want to accomplish something, I believe sacrifices are worth while. Time is money and money doesn't drop from heaven.

Think many folks who had bad experiences in CDC take their subsequent lessons in ssdc and bbdc. If u take a look, u wld notice that there are so few 2a and class 2 bikes at CDC compared to ssdc.

Also, even after finishing the lessons, tests dates are a pain to book at CDC compared to the rest.

I've sailed through my 2 nd lesson and taking final lesson on Sunday.

Really no regrets traveling 60 km ( round trip) to ssdc

I respect those who passed their riding test or driving test in CDC. There was once i was stuck near the entrance of CDC in a traffic jam. There were a couple of double L cars and half a dozen of learner riders. Every vehicle in the area was trying their best to give way to double LL cars. Even motorbikes are stuck in the jam.

Not bad. Singaporeans have the courtesy to give way to double LL despite putting themselves in tight jam spots.

The traffic in CDC area is horrendous

• 3 weeks later...

So it's really true that CDC's waiting time for lessons are long?

I want to register for class 2A, staying at Tampines. Thinking of taking at CDC, but after reading all the comments..

Don't know whether i should take at CDC or SSDC.

Took my 2B at BBDC btw..

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t317/zakirr/yoyo.jpg

Kawasaki KRR150 (Jan 2010 - Nov 2012)

Yamaha X1 (Jan 2013 - Feb 2013)

Kawasaki KRR150 (Feb 2013 - Apr 2013)

Yamaha X1 (Nov 2013 - June 2014)

So it's really true that CDC's waiting time for lessons are long?

I want to register for class 2A, staying at Tampines. Thinking of taking at CDC, but after reading all the comments..

Don't know whether i should take at CDC or SSDC.

Took my 2B at BBDC btw..

1 of my friend Just went for evaluation test(lesson 3) at CDC for 2a all those taking the lesson failed. It took him 2 months to clear all lesson to book for Tp.

At ssdc only takes 1 to 2 weeks. Bbdc I heard 1 week can finish. Your choice, u wan to spend extra travel time or spend your time waiting for lessons. Not only that CDC circuit is so congested can't practice much. Just wait there most of the time

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

1 of my friend Just went for evaluation test(lesson 3) at CDC for 2a all those taking the lesson failed. It took him 2 months to clear all lesson to book for Tp.

At ssdc only takes 1 to 2 weeks. Bbdc I heard 1 week can finish. Your choice, u wan to spend extra travel time or spend your time waiting for lessons. Not only that CDC circuit is so congested can't practice much. Just wait there most of the time

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

CDC is horrible, don't ever go there for bike lessons. cars still okay.

yeah.. after much deliberation, i opted to enrol at ssdc.. thanks guys.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t317/zakirr/yoyo.jpg

Kawasaki KRR150 (Jan 2010 - Nov 2012)

Yamaha X1 (Jan 2013 - Feb 2013)

Kawasaki KRR150 (Feb 2013 - Apr 2013)

Yamaha X1 (Nov 2013 - June 2014)

• 2 weeks later...

fast or slow, Utimately everyone will get their bike license one day.... hence no need to rush......

what is important is to learn and cultivate all the safe riding habit ..and not getting that piece of license to ride...

I took my 2b at SSDC (back then at AMK).... i greatly appreciate those instructors who taught me all about safetly riding.....

i struck in most of my stage 1 to 5 at least 3 times..at each stage....

thereafter I took my 2a and 2 at bbdc.... things go smooth and faster..cos i already build the competency when i first picked at ssdc..

From Honda's Phantom to ..................

Clearing each stage at SSDC and BBDC for bike license was fun !!!

I think no one knows yet cause EFC only started 1st June 2013. Must wait next year May :cool:

no, 1st june 2013 was the date that it was made compulsory EFC was around since 2010, i got my 2B in 2010 and volunteer for the EFC. After i complete my EFC they gave me a letter which entitle me a early test date for 2A.

no, 1st june 2013 was the date that it was made compulsory EFC was around since 2010, i got my 2B in 2010 and volunteer for the EFC. After i complete my EFC they gave me a letter which entitle me a early test date for 2A.

Ok TP counter took my EFC letter when they renew my license so I guess it's automated then

Ok TP counter took my EFC letter when they renew my license so I guess it's automated then

when i book my 2A tp in 2011 I have to bring the letter to TP office. the uncle in the TP office choose a test date for me, it was around 2-3weeks from the date i went to the office. but now since it is compulsory for EFC the early test date is quite pointless as everyone will have the letter?

when i book my 2A tp in 2011 I have to bring the letter to TP office. the uncle in the TP office choose a test date for me, it was around 2-3weeks from the date i went to the office. but now since it is compulsory for EFC the early test date is quite pointless as everyone will have the letter?

To my understanding ,you need the EFC letter to get 2b license and to confirm the earlier date for 2a course

not sure if the new guys will get early 2a date also since now everyone must go its quite pointless. i got the paper back in 2012. hopefully it'll work like u said. anw the new guys will only be able to take their 2a pracs in 2014. thats some way ahead