SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Adiva ADtre owner's thread

ben1112

Wah! Your girl friends.

what I'm interested now is the internals.

Variator model, roller weight, clutch and bell.

I am running 16g flying sliding pieces Dr Pulley. Pull to 6000rpm but need to know how to control throttle for optimum fuel savings.

Runs lower then 200-300rpm than stock 15.5g roller on me Downtown.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wah! Your girl friends.

what I'm interested now is the internals.

Variator model, roller weight, clutch and bell.

I am running 16g flying sliding pieces Dr Pulley. Pull to 6000rpm but need to know how to control throttle for optimum fuel savings.

Runs lower then 200-300rpm than stock 15.5g roller on me Downtown.

I have 14gr Dr.P sliders yet to fix in and HiT clutch. Wait till 1000KM den install.

Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

Kind of glad i got these two parts cos now i can feel the clutch slip that all downtown/nikita owners complain about, at part throttle acceleration from standstill can hear the engine rev up and down as the clutch intermittently slips and catches on. Hopefully this remedy works.

Need to check the batch of Variator you have.

LEA7 14g Dr Pulley

LGE5 16g Dr Pulley

do update us.

If you use 14g on LGE5 it will be too light but revv very fast and pick up fast but high fuel consumption.

I feel 16g for my DT3 is still too light for my preference. Will prefer 17g-18g for my LGE5 Variator.

It may be perfect for AD3. I will be changing it out after only a few days try the second time.

You can have it for testing of you like.

I suggest you take my 16g just to try just incase it's a LGE5 Variator. Play around if you like.

I've got the special flying sky roller that'll flip also 14g. Too light.

I have 14gr Dr.P sliders yet to fix in and HiT clutch. Wait till 1000KM den install.

Wah! Got HiT clutch!!! Cool!

i am not sure the rpm increase and drop is during pickup or at speed of around 40km/h.

If rpm drop and increase around 40km/h to 60km/h then it's normal.

It's the design of the LGE5 I suppose. Something like a 2nd gear.

I conclude the following as with the earlier batch of DT3 using LEA7, a lot of people complaint clutch slip in Taiwan. I guess the up hill climb rpm is too low for slow speed and this clutch don't have enough centrifugal force and hence the slip.

So I guess they increase the low speed rpm to prevent slip and improve pickup and also change the Clutch from LEA7 to LGE5. LGE5 maybe a slightly heavier weight. I remember weighting between LEA7 and LGE5 but can't remember as it was 2 yeas ago ha ha.

Take my findings as a pinch of salt as I base on my own findings.

The drop in rpm will be very apparent (~40km/h)when you rev slightly higher than normal and lighter than full throttle. Hard to explain ha ha.

Ad3 may not have it but since it shares the same engine I suspect it might inherit the same characteristic.

Need to check the batch of Variator you have.

LEA7 14g Dr Pulley

LGE5 16g Dr Pulley

do update us.

If you use 14g on LGE5 it will be too light but revv very fast and pick up fast but high fuel consumption.

I feel 16g for my DT3 is still too light for my preference. Will prefer 17g-18g for my LGE5 Variator.

It may be perfect for AD3. I will be changing it out after only a few days try the second time.

You can have it for testing of you like.

I suggest you take my 16g just to try just incase it's a LGE5 Variator. Play around if you like.

I've got the special flying sky roller that'll flip also 14g. Too light.

Ok I will report back during 1000KM. Would be great to borrow yr 16g if needed.

Yea I know which special flying roller you talking about. 飞天珠.

i am not sure the rpm increase and drop is during pickup or at speed of around 40km/h.

I conclude the following as with the earlier batch of DT3 using LEA7, a lot of people complaint clutch slip in Taiwan. I guess the up hill climb rpm is too low for slow speed and this clutch don't have enough centrifugal force and hence the slip.

So I guess they increase the low speed rpm to prevent slip and improve pickup and also change the Clutch from LEA7 to LGE5. LGE5 maybe a slightly heavier weight. I remember weighting between LEA7 and LGE5 but can't remember as it was 2 yeas ago ha ha.

The drop in rpm will be very apparent (~40km/h)when you rev slightly higher than normal and lighter than full throttle. Hard to explain ha ha.

Ad3 may not have it but since it shares the same engine I suspect it might inherit the same characteristic.

AD3 does not have Tachometer so i can't see the RPM, but I did feel that at certain throttle opening/rpm the engine seem a little hesitant. But it's only a very small range and if you throttle abit more the power will kick in.

All this happens only when you try to ride slowly below half throttle, if above will not sense it.

Andre have you collected your bike yet?

Was not in town since Friday. Just collected the bike today during lunch time.

First impression;

much quieter engine compare to AD200. The ride also more stable.

Seating position also lower and the seat is much more comfortable.

The foot rest is not so comfortable though, reckon will get tire in long ride. :(

The radiator fan is too small, in my opinion, it is not sufficient to cool the engine fast enough. The temperature maintained at 90 deg + when at stationary for long period. I think I'll change to bigger fan later.

AD3.jpg

p/s: just got feedback from my friend who got the Ad3-200. When he was riding in the rain, the water splashed to his leg from the front wheels. Probably the front wheels wide then the floor board, in this case, might need to install a mud flap. :(

Edited by Andre

Was not in town since Friday. Just collected the bike today during lunch time.

First impression;

much quieter engine compare to AD200. The ride also more stable.

Seating position also lower and the seat is much more comfortable.

The foot rest is not so comfortable though, reckon will get tire in long ride. :(

The radiator fan is too small, in my opinion, it is not sufficient to cool the engine fast enough. The temperature maintained at 90 deg + when at stationary for long period. I think I'll change to bigger fan later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]287397[/ATTACH]

p/s: just got feedback from my friend who got the Ad3-200. When he was riding in the rain, the water splashed to his leg from the front wheels. Probably the front wheels wide then the floor board, in this case, might need to install a mud flap. :(

Yes Andre, I concur with all of your feedback above. The water splashing is quite bad and the temp hovers around 90-100c in heavy traffic.

Hi, Guys,

I have never had a scooter before, let alone one with a roof !!!!hehehehehe

but I want to try and will buy the ad3, so all the technical things you guys talk about, I am COMPLETELY LOST!!

radiator fan I know,,,,,, but the rest KOSONG...!!!!

Could you help a newbie understand what you guys are talking about and where do you guys do all the necessary changes, like the changing of the radiator fan? and other necessary improvements.

Also any significant difference in price if I bid my own COE?

Thanks guys!!

Hi, Guys,

but I want to try and will buy the ad3, so all the technical things you guys talk about, I am COMPLETELY LOST!!

Could you help a newbie understand what you guys are talking about and where do you guys do all the necessary changes, like the changing of the radiator fan? and other necessary improvements.

Thanks guys!!

Bro not trying to be rude but you should get the bike first, after you get the bike you will probably notice the very small imperfections that this bike has that stops it from being 100%. And then you might want to do the necessary changes to it.

I think it should be possible to add a rev meter if the bike is using the same ecu as the downtown... however need to find out the wiring diagram for the installation..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Yes bro I think it should be the same ECU and I have the wiring diagram for downtown which shows a tacho signal output.

Hi, Guys,

Thanks guys!!

Ha ha ha, it's ok. I will touch on the Transmission part only if that is part of the your confusion.

The rest of the technical stuff like radiator fan and etc i will leave to the actual owners of Adiva here.

As for the transmission like Variator, roller and clutches are parts that are in your transmission like belt also.

You can refer to a random video below that I found for general info. You maybe able to find a better video than mine.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok_3rkPg8aU

Actually you don't have to know all this. Just ride and leave it stock.

I was dicussing about the variator for those who are interested to improve some performance. Sort of like customizing the way the scooter perform. Generally stock condition is the best. Customizing are for those like me just wants to tinker around.

Basically It's a very simple machine to use as compared to motorcycle. Damn relax for scooterist. Just twist the right throttle and go. No need to think about changing gears or worry about being in the wrong gear. The transmisiion will always be in the right gear at any speed.

Best of all this AD3 got shelter and can hold lots of stuff. I haven't seen the storage for the AD3 though.

Bro not trying to be rude but you should get the bike first, after you get the bike you will probably notice the very small imperfections that this bike has that stops it from being 100%. And then you might want to do the necessary changes to it.

Ha ha ha, it's ok. I will touch on the Transmission part only if that is part of the your confusion.

The rest of the technical stuff like radiator fan and etc i will leave to the actual owners of Adiva here.

As for the transmission like Variator, roller and clutches are parts that are in your transmission like belt also.

You can refer to a random video below that I found for general info. You maybe able to find a better video than mine.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok_3rkPg8aU

Actually you don't have to know all this. Just ride and leave it stock.

I was dicussing about the variator for those who are interested to improve some performance. Sort of like customizing the way the scooter perform. Generally stock condition is the best. Customizing are for those like me just wants to tinker around.

Basically It's a very simple machine to use as compared to motorcycle. Damn relax for scooterist. Just twist the right throttle and go. No need to think about changing gears or worry about being in the wrong gear. The transmisiion will always be in the right gear at any speed.

Best of all this AD3 got shelter and can hold lots of stuff. I haven't seen the storage for the AD3 though.

There isn't any difference if you bid your own COE, only the registration detail shown 00 tranfer instead of 01. :)

Hey,

Thanks guy for all the info, good to know better stick to stock .Too complicated for a middle age man, just want to get out of rain and wife says 3 wheels better than 2 wheels....huahahahahahahah.

Incidentally, is there cross country type of tyres for the AD3.....not really going cross country, but for a "rugged' look only?

Btw, COE bidding ends tomorrow.......

Thanks everyone!!!!

Hey,

Thanks guy for all the info, good to know better stick to stock .Too complicated for a middle age man, just want to get out of rain and wife says 3 wheels better than 2 wheels....huahahahahahahah.

Incidentally, is there cross country type of tyres for the AD3.....not really going cross country, but for a "rugged' look only?

Btw, COE bidding ends tomorrow.......

Thanks everyone!!!!

Theoretically correct that 3 wheels are better than 2.

Can't say the same for GileraFuoco 500. That scooter have some front grip issue under certain conditions. You have to head over to the Fuoco thread for some of the issues.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/213/502401088_937eb41148.jpg

Hopefully the AD3 will be the better of the 3-wheelers.

Shelter and storage is definitely the biggest pluses++ here for the AD3!

http://put.edidomus.it/dueruote/news/foto/398996_7175_xl_IMG_4665.jpg

Theoretically correct that 3 wheels are better than 2.

Can't say the same for GileraFuoco 500. That scooter have some front grip issue under certain conditions. You have to head over to the Fuoco thread for some of the issues.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/213/502401088_937eb41148.jpg

Hopefully the AD3 will be the better of the 3-wheelers.

Shelter and storage is definitely the biggest pluses++ here for the AD3!

http://put.edidomus.it/dueruote/news/foto/398996_7175_xl_IMG_4665.jpg

Thanks Parotae,

So there goes the wheel, but safety first always......

221723s7dpxozdd1pxf3d7.jpgJust rode in very heavy rain. Feet and knees where very wet from the side splashing. Little bit of water travelled from rear of roof to the inside of windscreen, possibly from hole in rear of roof.

Overall still good protection only let down were the foot area where water splashed in.

Edited by ben1112

First modification;

Changed the OEM 21" wiper blade to a 17" soft silicone wiper blade :)

My previous AD200 wind screen was scratched by the OEM blade. Also the 21" blade was too long and heavy and causes jerky wiper operation.

Congrats Ben on ur new ride. It is far better looking than the older model.

It is possible to use some aftermarket upgrade parts for ur new ride cos, this new scooter is using the same engine as in the Kymco Downtown 300i (Nikita in Taiwan). Rollers, clutch, & even big bore kit.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/g-max1881/2009tmax500.jpg

"ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST"

"RIDE SAFE & SMART"

HP - 9645 7667 (Alvin)

Rode in the rain yesterday.

Experienced the splashing from the front.

I think the OEM front mud guard are too short, all the water from the front wheels hitting the underside of the foot board and splashed to the legs.

MP3 has longer mud guards and therefore does not has this problem.

Therefore, I believe it will alleviate the problem by extending the mud guard.