SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Tyres Related Issue

limkim

which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use BT-14, BT-39 before they are very sticky tyre... personally i don't like. Two of my friends recommend Arrowhead and base on riding record and experience which is both better and longer than me i take their advise. My only concern about Arrowhead was that i read some other forum that its heavier than BT. Turn out not heavy at all when i carry them myself and ride just right for me too!! Wet weather riding also 'ok' thanks to CB400's weight.

Lastly, BT price increase is uncall for during these financial crisis. More BT users would switch brand.

Its true its expensive... But y not spent on sumting expensive especially on tyres... One of the most important items of a bike... Am i rite?

anyone tried CONTISPORT ATTACK? the threading looks promising... :D

Haven tried one but a buddy of mine is using it on this hornet 250's rear, size 180. He hate the tyre coz his rear tends to slide almost everytime he opens up throttle after a hard corner(like the one in ext.312c).

He prefers BT tyres or Michelin ones. Think that will be the last time he'll be using conti.

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"

I use BT-14, BT-39 before they are very sticky tyre... personally i don't like. Two of my friends recommend Arrowhead and base on riding record and experience which is both better and longer than me i take their advise. My only concern about Arrowhead was that i read some other forum that its heavier than BT. Turn out not heavy at all when i carry them myself and ride just right for me too!! Wet weather riding also 'ok' thanks to CB400's weight.

Lastly, BT price increase is uncall for during these financial crisis. More BT users would switch brand.

Why u dont like sticky tyres? :confused:

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

Errr... sandy condition u can forget it. No matter how good a tyre, will still not have traction at all. :giddy:

hah.. thanks for confirming that with me..

hey, since so many of us need to change tyres, if we change together, might be able to get cheaper, anyone interested?

i am interested.. but only changing during the end of the month when got $$..

Why u dont like sticky tyres? :confused:

is it true that sticky tyre on dry means doesnt perform on wet..

Guys M1 and M3 which one better?

M3 using a newer technology.. which is more preferred between the 2..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

hah.. thanks for confirming that with me..

is it true that sticky tyre on dry means doesnt perform on wet..

No problem.

Sticky tyres doesn't means it'e no good for the wet. Of coz we are not talking about slick tyres here... :cheeky:

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

M3 can use for track? how bout M1

Any tyres can be used on track but it is only the level of grip where you want them to be... :angel:

How time flies...

ok thanks.. still looking considering which tyre should i go for.. still got lots to learn.. thanks again for sharing..

Everybody is learning, even till old... :cheeky:

Use one where the price fits the wallet. :thumb:

How time flies...

Go for BT!! they are good tyres that give you extra assurance due to their sticky nature. In wet riding condition, the stickiness is less effective so recommend that you ride accordingly.

When the tyres are brand new i swear i can see a trail of my stickiness left behind by my wheels :cheeky:

ok thanks.. still looking considering which tyre should i go for.. still got lots to learn.. thanks again for sharing..

Everybody is learning, even till old... :cheeky:

Use one where the price fits the wallet. :thumb:

used 1 where the price fit my wallet on my phantom.. ended up my wallet complain even more.. 3 wet road falls..

i swear by BT014 for CB400s

thanks for the suggestion.. :thumb:

Go for BT!! they are good tyres that give you extra assurance due to their sticky nature. In wet riding condition, the stickiness is less effective so recommend that you ride accordingly.

When the tyres are brand new i swear i can see a trail of my stickiness left behind by my wheels :cheeky:

which BT model would you recommend? as you can see from my response.. wet road is my utmost fear..

i heard michelin tyres once something pokes in absolutely no hope already.. quite puzzled over what i heard.. is it true? was still considering pilot sport or pilot pro..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

Haven tried one but a buddy of mine is using it on this hornet 250's rear, size 180. He hate the tyre coz his rear tends to slide almost everytime he opens up throttle after a hard corner(like the one in ext.312c).

He prefers BT tyres or Michelin ones. Think that will be the last time he'll be using conti.

heard that most shop fixing contisports attack tyres are from korea... users who fit 'em tyres from japan gives good reviews... anyone?

btw, are there such model as pilot2?:confused:

I suppose so. I suggest you give each one a try to give yourself the different feel.

For me, CB400 need not be sticky but i do think 2B bike will benefit more with it especially if you have skipping problem with your bike.

Isn't tat translate to good grip & stability when banking over? :confused: