SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Spark Plugs

riDerz

which sparkplug is the best?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. which sparkplug is the best?

• ngk
    • denso
    • ows

hmm anyone know spec 2 stock sparkplug is what type? Might be changing back to stock nxt time i service my plug. Seem not much difference using Iridium.

By e way guys, i notice my 5th Gear no power, when i drag both Rpm and Speed go up very slowly even after 7 rpm. Tried dragging other gears, working fine. Anyone knows whats wrong? haiz..

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4260/dsc00054rn2.jpg

Above Kawasaki Z1000 Sporty StreetFighter for Sale!

Pm me for more info. Thanks.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by eric_jugonz@Feb 25 2005, 09:06 PM

Iridium is for high rev.. in another words more for racing and performance.. but it don't have good low and mid range power.. which is more important for street and cruising usage.. if you like to ram your bike then use iridium lohz..

Quite true, using iridum, high rev very good but not so good for low n mid. Engine also more hotter easily. But life span very good . Now click 20000km still have not change

• 2 months later...

hi so far i've been tracking the forum and found out that ngk g power or platinium is the best for S4 liao... cos having an iridium is already wasting money...

so i decided to go for the platinium...

but recently i was thinking of changing the plug cables to a better one...

either ngk one or split fire one...

gurus out here pls give me advice whether its worth the money changing those cables or is it still gonna be a redundant move??

confused!

http://www.bmwcoop.com/wp-content/images/2008/12/2009-bmw-s1000rr.jpg

Originally posted by kaginah@May 11 2005, 03:01 PM

hi so far i've been tracking the forum and found out that ngk g power or platinium is the best for S4 liao... cos having an iridium is already wasting money...

so i decided to go for the platinium...

but recently i was thinking of changing the plug cables to a better one...

either ngk one or split fire one...

gurus out here pls give me advice whether its worth the money changing those cables or is it still gonna be a redundant move??

confused!

well since vtec is a relwx bikw why you wan racing cable for and for me i only use ngk gold cause iridum wan blow up very fast if you dun ram your rpm till 7000 onward that is what my tech tell me .that plug is very cold that why need to drag a lot to warm it up but higher ram = waste more petrol = waste money . so do think about all that :sweat: :sweat:

Originally posted by sianz@May 12 2005, 01:59 AM

well since vtec is a relwx bikw why you wan racing cable for and for me i only use ngk gold cause iridum wan blow up very fast if you dun ram your rpm till 7000 onward that is what my tech tell me .that plug is very cold that why need to drag a lot to warm it up but higher ram = waste more petrol = waste money . so do think about all that :sweat: :sweat:

:confused: really meh??

• 1 month later...

Denso plugs $4.50 per plug.

But I heard orginal NGK red colour package not those yellow package are the best. I am going to change to those after my denso plugs. Cost $7-8 per plug.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

Originally posted by kennethy@Jul 4 2005, 11:41 AM

only the pickup improved? how long does it last?

of course the point I am leading to is whether it is worth it to change (from the financial point of view)...

well...let me see before i tried to open valve bike goes to 140km/h...after change got a bit diff can go near to 150km/h find it ez to open more throttle at high rpm ...correct me if i wrong

• 5 weeks later...

hi,

half way on road, the plug loosen then a loud sound heard after that,(it from the plug).

went to bike shop, change plug then still got sound and irregular idling and not able to move smoothly...:giddy:

mech told mi plug cable (splitfire one) gone liao... have 2 bring the original back and see wat he can do for mi

but the original one had been cut 4 the installing of the splitfire one...

anyone change the whole spark plug coil before? how much it cost (original one)?

and where to get it?

calvin:help:

<_________DO OR DIE DON'T ASK WHY________>

dunno how much it costs...

Maybe u can check FJT?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/VoxArcana/Forum%20Signatures/ManUtdChampions.png

2002 - 2004 HonDa SP

2004 - 2006 HoNdA S4 VtEc 1

2006 - 2007 YaMahA MaJesTy 250 MK2

2007 Current HoNDa SliVerWinG 400

• 2 weeks later...