SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Trend of Scooters population in Singapore

Keynes

The population of scooter in S'pore will:? Reasons  

89 members have voted

1. 1. The population of scooter in S'pore will:? Reasons

• 1) increase?
    • 2) decrease?
    • 3) remain the same?

Hi.

I'm riding a scooter.

I feel that scooters generally appeal to the following categories of riders:

1) mature riders;

2) women riders;

3) ppl who prefer comfort, convienence, easy of ops than performance, speed and control

What do you think?

IMHO, scooters are generally closer to 4 wheelers in that:-

1) they have big storage compartments,

2) their engines and undercaraige are covered by bodywork,

3) they have more body work to take care (just like choosing you beloved car's colour, you can choose your scooter's colour too and show the distinct characters)

4) Some scooters have roof and wipers, more protected form the elements,

5) less rugged and requires less skill to ride.

I feel that with the more daring designs by Italian scooters manufacturers, and with more bigger cc scooters in the market, the scooters population in S'pore is going to increase (relative to m/cycles, of course subject to COE quotas), as cars are and will be expensive in S'pore, are scooters going to be a humble alternative?

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i choose to downgrade to scooter is also for the comfort, space storage and fuel comstruption. veri relac machim driving veri comfortable

2001 - 2003 = Krr150

2003 - 2004 = Pb1 s4

2004 - 2005 = Srad 750k1

2005 - 2005 = X9 180

2005 - 2005 = Srad 750 k1

2005 - 2006 = S4 ver S

2006 - 2007 = Phamton 150

2008 - 2010 = Phamton 150

2010 - now = Kymco Grand Dink 250

2007 - now = Kia Cerato 1.6

I plan to get one too.... hopefully soon.

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

love the vespa commercial by adidas on the world cup

Sep'04 - Nov'05 (1yr, 2mths): NSR150SP (FR2577Z)

Nov'05 - Dec'06 (1yr, 1mths): GSX400R (FJ6410L)

Dec'06 - Sep'08 (1yr, 9mths): CBR929RR (FS3851U)

Sep'08 - Mar'12 (3yr, 5mths): TA200 (FV4581B)

Mar'12 - ???????????????????: GL200R (FBE5662G)

Originally posted by k.yutaka@Feb 16 2005, 12:35 PM

i choose to downgrade to scooter is also for the comfort, space storage and fuel comstruption. veri relac machim driving veri comfortable

Agree. :thumb:

2011-Present: SilverWing SW-T400

2003-2011: X9 Evo

Originally posted by k.yutaka@Feb 16 2005, 12:35 PM

don't say downgrade to scooter lei...... downgrade seem like not so nice lah, better to say not so easy to pick by TP....wah...hahahaha....:smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Keynes! Long long time no see....hows your Majesty400 going? Tip top condition?

After changing to riding scooter, I felt is the best mode of bike transport to chose from if you consider the kind of road and traffic condition we have here.

Adding to your point about scooter is just like a car, I must say that its the only kind of bike with the capacity to fit an audio system.

125km/hr to 0km/hr in 1 sec will make mince meat. Ride slowly to show off your bike, Ride slowly to save your life.

Ex-Girlfriend:

Phantom TA200 (Blue) FV7889U

Piaggio Hexagon (Ducati Yellow) FM4183T

Piaggio X9-250cc (Blackies) FT4920S

Honda Wave-R (Bright Bright Yellow) FZ4494Z

Current GF (IN USA),

Ford Taurus 3.0L (Blue)

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8164/562/1600/RX-78-wallpaper.jpg

Scooter also dun consume much fuel in this place where petrol is so expensive.

Saves money in the long run!

:thumb:

My Dream Car, see who wants to cut my lane and tail-gate me......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/mika14cyanide14/MyDreamCar.jpg

Guest fat_nerd
Originally posted by mika14@Mar 12 2005, 11:19 PM

Scooter also dun consume much fuel in this place where petrol is so expensive.

Saves money in the long run!

:thumb:

r u sure?

Originally posted by Cybourg@Mar 7 2005, 09:04 PM

Hi Keynes! Long long time no see....hows your Majesty400 going? Tip top condition?

After changing to riding scooter, I felt is the best mode of bike transport to chose from if you consider the kind of road and traffic condition we have here.

Adding to your point about scooter is just like a car, I must say that its the only kind of bike with the capacity to fit an audio system.

Hi. Long timeno see.

How's ur Hexagon? Power right?

I ride a Silverwing, not Majesty.

Yes, sccoters can fit audio system, for bikes, I think only those as big as ST11 or bigger can do so.

It is also the only 2 wheeler which you can put down both feet while stopping or riding, hang your groceries in front, mount from front (don't need to worry to hit the rear box when mounting), and ur pillion will have a full clear view of the traffic condition in front, need not tilt head to one side, his helmet will not knock against yours.

The next thing will be shield above u (like convertibles), windscreen wipers, reverse gear, tiptronic transmission etc.

Hi Keynes... The Hexagon is going real fine right now. New paint work, a bit of servicing here and there, changing to higher windscreen and original side mirror. It sure can survive for another 10 years... however I only renew 5 years COE.

Getting my class2A soon and will probably move on to Suzuki Burgman. By the way, how do you find 400cc scooter? Is it very heavy?

125km/hr to 0km/hr in 1 sec will make mince meat. Ride slowly to show off your bike, Ride slowly to save your life.

Ex-Girlfriend:

Phantom TA200 (Blue) FV7889U

Piaggio Hexagon (Ducati Yellow) FM4183T

Piaggio X9-250cc (Blackies) FT4920S

Honda Wave-R (Bright Bright Yellow) FZ4494Z

Current GF (IN USA),

Ford Taurus 3.0L (Blue)

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8164/562/1600/RX-78-wallpaper.jpg

The heaviest 400cc scooter in the market currently is Silverwing 400 (abt 221 kg), b cos it has the same body as the 600 version. Suzuki 400 is abt 184 kg, I thk Hex abt 130 to 150 kg (very rough estimate, I still cannot get any Hex specs), Majesty 400 almost 200 kg.

I'll pm u the specifications of almost all scooters in S'pore, I'll compiled them.

Price wise (the best of my knowledge):-

Majesty abt $12.5k

Swing abt $13k

U shd go read the threads of the various models.

Originally posted by Keynes@Feb 16 2005, 09:58 AM

5) less rugged and requires less skill to ride.

In some sense, yes cos dont have to change gear. But because of its smaller wheels, fast cornering will be more challenging than those maunal gear bikes. so actually for scooters, more skill in terms of judgement of speed and control in this area. :smile:

July 2004 to Nov 2006 X9 amalfi

Dec 2006 to Jan 2010 Honda SilverWing 400

Feb 2010 to Nov 2015 Honda Fit

Dec 2015 to Oct 2017 Toyota ISIS

Feb 2017 to May 2017 Honda ST1300

Jun 2017 onwards Honda Silverwing 400

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6333/image00076ka5.jpg

The oil consumption isn't very low though. I think its high. My fren got is riding a scooter(FB plate) where he pays $5 for every 80 to 100 and it very expensive. Its a 2 stroke bike and it need 2t too.

The old type of scooter isn't very safe too i think. I actually wanted to get a scooter but my dad don't allow. He said that its dangerous because of the small wheel and the front fairing which will wobble alot when going at a little high speed and it doesn't help in cutting the wind. The newer version seems to be much more comfortable and safe. The front fairing is much more thicker and have a sharp curve to help to cut win.

I like it alot.

Maybe i don't really agree that more scooter riders are mature riders, but i definitely agree that more women are getting up with riding scooter. They look very nice on them.

I see alot of bengs and mad riding them now. But they look much cooler on them then sports bike.

Maybe we can share more on the oil consumption. I think different cc and the difference on 2 strok and 4 strok scooter affect the oil consumption. How bout more discussion.

Desire to Win Is Not Only Permissible, But Encouraged.

www.TheGameLane.com

Nintendo Wii, PS3, PSP & NDSL at low low price

Originally posted by baobao23@Mar 27 2005, 11:27 PM

The oil consumption isn't very low though. I think its high. My fren got is riding a scooter(FB plate) where he pays $5 for every 80 to 100 and it very expensive. Its a 2 stroke bike and it need 2t too.

The old type of scooter isn't very safe too i think. I actually wanted to get a scooter but my dad don't allow. He said that its dangerous because of the small wheel and the front fairing which will wobble alot when going at a little high speed and it doesn't help in cutting the wind. The newer version seems to be much more comfortable and safe. The front fairing is much more thicker and have a sharp curve to help to cut win.

I like it alot.

Maybe i don't really agree that more scooter riders are mature riders, but i definitely agree that more women are getting up with riding scooter. They look very nice on them.

I see alot of bengs and mad riding them now. But they look much cooler on them then sports bike.

Maybe we can share more on the oil consumption. I think different cc and the difference on 2 strok and 4 strok scooter affect the oil consumption. How bout more discussion.

u talking about vespa?

last time scoot how to compare to those new scooter?technology improve liao mah :lol:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

errh, saw it somewhere, well here goes..

actually the growing scooter trend is not only in sg. a gd example would be the Honda's Helix and Elite scooters. these bikes reminds people of the euphoric feelings they got when they broke away from authority and did things their parents told them not to do. its like appealing to the rebellious kid in all of us. scooters have a certain personality and taste to it, especially attractive to young guys out there wanting to elude a unique personality abt themselves.

• 4 months later...

can't really go v fast in sg...... so why need a powerful bike n get all stressed up? keke scooter will be a nice ride n yes it's comfy too. i dun ride a scooter but in time to come, may get one....i saw the song & kelly one n it's damn nice

http://www.emilystrange.com/aaaemily/myspace/adds/ICanSeeYouEmilyStrange.gif

In the future I may also get a scooters too.

Cheap and easy to maneuver in congested traffic.

Scooters win hands down in traffic jams!

Scooters is the future.

My Dream Car, see who wants to cut my lane and tail-gate me......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/mika14cyanide14/MyDreamCar.jpg

Originally posted by k.yutaka@Feb 16 2005, 12:47 PM

i choose to upgrade.. :cheeky:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1144/1479947365_44e9175b6c_m.jpghttp://www.geocities.com/eightdeal/signature.jpg

2007 Suzuki Swift Sport

2005 Gilera Runner VXR 200

2001-2005 Yamaha RXZ 135