SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Plastidip

Sala

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a company doing this for cars. Not sure if they do bikes.

If surface prep well maybe it last but if rub unlikely to last cos its feels plastic

Plastidip pioneer in SG - Art & Kraft Services @ facebook

Edited by skyblueblue

Trying to clock 50 posts :dozed: DONE ! :cheer:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I tried spraying my bike with rubber spray, I sprayed it at the back of my bike where the pillion's knee grip the bike. I pillion my GF everyday and the paint stayed on pretty well.

I also sprayed it on my front mud guard which gets a lot of beating from rocks and dirt from the road and the paint held on quite well. I highly recommend trying to rubber dip your bike if you want to try to diy, however I did not use plasti dip, I found a cheaper option on qoo10 called THIS rubber spray.

http://list.qoo10.sg/g/413592554

Try dipping your bike, rubber spraying is easy as you dun really have to prep your bike, just give it a good wash and you are good to go and if you make a mistake you can just tear it off. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Same like paint or wrap, if U "jaga" ur bike properly, plasti dip will last as long as U want it to be. If U scratch it, of coz it will scratch.. If it doesnt last long or no good, people wont do it on their BMWs or expensive cars. Dips are lot more cheaper compare to wrap & a lot more faster ready than wrap too.. Both got pro & cons.. If U take care it well, it will last long & well..

• 5 months later...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160308/bbc93cd6c757fd4c45bd88522f0e4ac5.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160308/26859f9c1b7d03be627922f8c14e2c73.jpg

Plastix dip to bronze gold..

Sending while Riding...

2005-2007 Gilera VXR

2007-2008 CB150

2008-Current Suzuki GSX-R 600

2010-Current Lancer GLX 1.6

I tried plasti dip.

It sucks for anything other than small portions. It takes in dirt like nobody's business and you can barely clean it off. I avoid it like the plague now because I had bad experiences with it.

Check out my Website for freelance design and marketing services! : www.reizeprimus.com

Or watch my Youtube channel for more Motovlogs and Motorcycling Content! : www.youtube.com/ReizePrimus

• 9 months later...

Plasti Dip can take up to 95°C of heat, and dirt can be washed off easily with just water spray. Most people finds it not as durable is because they didnt spray enough layer of coating. I did my plasti dip with 4 good layers 2 years back, and it's still going strong.

But anyway will be good to find a professorial to spray it rather than DIY.

Can check out this free-lancer which offers good rate: https://www.facebook.com/ProDipCar/