SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

ACCA/CPA

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

does anyone have P3 book to borrow?

will return once my book is ready for collection

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks dude....... any other people with experience to share/recommend??

:sweat:

Experience nope, but im keen on Studying kakis Small groups.

Reason being:

- I cant study alone ... too Dull

- I find i can concentrate better w/ a few kakis (weird hor?)

- GOne are e days where same class, make frens, similer interests, go outing, tan xin shi. COMMERCIAL Schs are sooo Dull n "Realistic"

- Pref frens around N.E side (Houg, Sgoon, AMK, TPY side )

Guys or ger oso can.

Any keen peeps can PM me ok? I'll be lookin forward :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am planning to take ACCA while in NS. Anyone can advise if this is feasible?

It would probably be dependent on your vocation.. If you are going to be a non stay-in personnel, eg clerk, then it's probably feasible. But if you have to stay-in for the entire 2 years, it's probably near impossible unless u can self study and pass all the modules..? :faint:

Probably you should wait till after enlistment and maybe BMT, and decide again after things have more or less settled down. All the best for you thou! =)

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking of that too! From what I heard, it's like impossible to self study and pass the modules right? :lol:

I am going for the ACCA preview talk by Kaplan this coming Tues! Hopefully I'll join you guys in fighting this war! :lol:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd13/eedwinn89/IMG_4518-1-1.jpg

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking of that too! From what I heard, it's like impossible to self study and pass the modules right? :lol:

I am going for the ACCA preview talk by Kaplan this coming Tues! Hopefully I'll join you guys in fighting this war! :lol:

haha! erm... u can be the first to do so..? :lol::lol: I volunteer to lend u my notes and textbooks! :D

but on a serious note, I think there are a few papers that u can self study and still pass.. but for most of the papers.. :goodluck::goodluck:

I just went for the preview talk by Kaplan yesterday. Guess I'll most probably be taking it! Which level are you at now?

What are the few papers you mentioned which can be self studied? I will be exempted from the first 3 fundamental papers. :D

I just went for the preview talk by Kaplan yesterday. Guess I'll most probably be taking it! Which level are you at now?

What are the few papers you mentioned which can be self studied? I will be exempted from the first 3 fundamental papers. :D

I'm doing 2 papers from level 2 and 2 from level 3 this sitting.. mugging time! :sian:

F4 (corporate and biz law) is straight forward and quite easy to pass (70% theory and 30% case study). For the theory part, the questions are repeated over the semesters, so study hard with the exam kit, and it's all about vomiting the right answers out. Case studies need some understanding thou.

For F8 (Audit & Assurance). the syllabus itself is quite straight forward, but then almost all the questions are application to case studies. I attended both the normal classes and the revision classes and found the revision class more helpful in preparing for the exam.

P1 (Professional Accountant) possible to self study I think, as long as you are not the kind who would fall asleep easily, coz a lot of reading up to do! :dozed:

As for papers like taxation, financial reporting, etc, there's quite a bit of calculation required (around 70%), so unless u are very familiar with them, if not very difficult to self study.

If you are really interested in self studying any of the papers, you can take a look at my notes before deciding?

Wow, you're taking 4 papers altogether, sounds like a tough time ahead! :lol:

Thanks Yixi! Your advises definitely helped me alot! I guess I will go register come June. Good luck for your exams! I'll let you know if I need your notes yea?

Wow, you're taking 4 papers altogether, sounds like a tough time ahead! :lol:

Thanks Yixi! Your advises definitely helped me alot! I guess I will go register come June. Good luck for your exams! I'll let you know if I need your notes yea?

I'm studying full time now.. So no excuse to do anything less than 4 papers I guess..? :cry:

If you are going to register for the courses, remember to do it during the early bird period.. got discount! :thumb:

Hope you can find time to attend the courses, coz it'd definately be a lot easier than trying to self study.. takes a lot of discipline to self study.. =D

Drop me a msg or something if you need any help!

Hi everyone here... I'm just inquiring abt the ACCA/CPA course... May I know the course fee of ACCA/CPA? Wat are the entry requirement? And it says that graduates needs 3 years of working exp in the industry to be accredited ACCA/CPA... may I know what are the kind of job that can be accredited after 3 years? Must it be only accountant job? How abt in the finance industry? Thanks in advance :)

You can check the entry requirements from any of the schools offering ACCA, namely Kaplan and SAA.

If I'm not wrong, you must be working under a CPA firm in order to count as working experience. I heard that this can be done even while you're doing ACCA, and you'll have to fill up a form online like an income tax form to let them know of your experience.

I might be wrong though, please correct me if I am.

Anyone knows where can I check the exam dates for the Dec exams?

I'm afraid it might clash with my BMT and don't know if I can come out to take it...

Can someone also clarify that if I take my first module at SAA, I can switch to kaplan if I wish the next time? Thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...

CPA Australia [CPA114 - International Business]

Hi there people,

I was wondering if anyone have got the study materials for CPA114 - International Business.

If anyone got it, can I borrow it to zap ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Drop me a message yeah?

thank u vvvv much.

Really need it urgently.

Regards,

pink

Anyone knows where can I check the exam dates for the Dec exams?

I'm afraid it might clash with my BMT and don't know if I can come out to take it...

Can someone also clarify that if I take my first module at SAA, I can switch to kaplan if I wish the next time? Thanks!!

From wat I know, yes you can change to another school for other modules.

Dec exam dates i dun think is out yet.

• 2 months later...

Please advice me:

What have I done? I divided the NET SALES over the ANNUALISED MONTHLY DEPOSITS. What does this tell me?

I also divided the ANNUALISED AVERAGE WITHDRAWALS over the (SG&A+Salary+Purchases). What have I done?

If this is the 'Wallet Share', what does it say when wallet share is 50% but there are very few transactions in the statements and the average monthly curent account balance is almost zero?

Does this mean the company is highly geared and running on overdraft and has little cash/current assets/cash in bank?

Please help this newbie.