SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

ACCA/CPA

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cash flow so easy!

ratios u will write report until u vomit!

anyway i feeling damn sucky on the 2.5, just feel that there r so many adjustments and i dont really know what to do with them. sigh...

nov04 - oct05: TA200

dec05 - feb07: CB400SF4V3

now...MRT!

blog @ zandon.com

save the world

Only after the last tree has been cut down

Only after the last river has been poisoned

Only after the last fish has been caught

Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten

Taken from An old Cree Indian saying

What paper u taking onefour02? I also got exam on thurs!!! Sian!!!

Zandon... its precisely coz of the stupid ratios that i give up on cash flow... i hate the ratios part... i dunno how to evaluate and comment leh... if whole qn on cash flow comes out i might give it a try ... else i think i do qn 3 or 5 liao.... :sweat:

Yeah i agree with you , the consol , i do until headache also... sometimes got 1 or 2 adjustments also dunno how to do but i hope i can get marks here and there from filling up.

Hey Zandon I need help and I wanna clarify something. Consol for Associate co. and JV is using the benchmark treatment right (called equity accounting is it?) ... ? This is the one with 2 lines in P & L and 1 line in Bal sht only right?

Visor Down , Full Throttle

for assoc there is no benchmark or allowed alternative...ie only equity accting (the one line thingy in the b/s)

but for jv the allowed alternative is equity acting (one line in b/s) while the benchmark is proportionate accting (ie: Line by Line or seperate line)...

in short assoc, no choice only equity but jv u have a choice...(and doing it line by line in exam is much easier)

Originally posted by Francis@Dec 4 2006, 01:14 PM

for assoc there is no benchmark or allowed alternative...ie only equity accting (the one line thingy in the b/s)

but for jv the allowed alternative is equity acting (one line in b/s) while the benchmark is proportionate accting (ie: Line by Line or seperate line)...

in short assoc, no choice only equity but jv u have a choice...(and doing it line by line in exam is much easier)

thank u very much :smile:

Guess I am all confused and mixed both up!! :sian:

actually no need to be confuse...i guess 2.5 consol u look out for either it is a parent - subsi - assoc or a parent - subsi - jv or best case only parent and subsi. also take note of fair value adj (if got fair value adj mean also got deprication adj in ur post adj reserve). the common item they test will be 1) calculating gdwill @ acq date and @ b/s date, 2) MI share of profit and the fig in the b/s 3) Post acq profit.

But dun give up on FRSs sure come out in all places one...Popular FRS 16, 36, 18.

FRS 2 i dun think so (note is just my view not 100% spot on) and dun give up on ratio...beside calculating the ratio comment on overtrading, whther an increase in cash/bank fig is the result of a sale of an asset ...etc...also for cashflow stt, just add back all non cash flow expenses if u dun knw the rest plus account for working capital change (increase in debtors, decrease in creditor ...)

lastly i am sure u will pass... all the best for the coming exam...

yucks, 2.2 and 2.3 sucks.

think can retake nx sem liao.

sigh sigh :(

now...MRT!

blog @ zandon.com

save the world

Originally posted by Zandon@Dec 6 2006, 09:14 PM

so bad meh?

pat pat~

dun upset

come come pass u one pill :D

Break – is to enable us to walk a further more distance.

ä¼‘æ¯ â€“ 是让我们能走更长远的路程。

Originally posted by Zandon@Dec 6 2006, 09:14 PM

i was just about to ask if anyone took 2.3 today!!! :giddy:

How Zandon!! I wrote a pile of rubbish for that question on carry back and carry forward of capital allowances... i think that question can get 5 marks at the most....

:cry: Sure re take.... HOW!!

I heard my friend say 2.2 was quite bad also....

both papers i write until times up.

2.2 i misinterpret Q11 as negligence. write 1.5 page of rubbish 20 marks fly. and the foss v harbottle, i forgot the damn story, only know the principles. 10 marks fly

2.3 the ca and losses i also anyhow write, i just calculate what it can do only. Q2 i forgot to transfer losses!!! and the GST i think i screwed up! waste too much time on the first 2 question, last 3 questions i chiong and anyhow do withint 45mins.

think i'm a goner liao

now...MRT!

blog @ zandon.com

save the world

zan...the last rd i took 2.2 i also didnt remember any case studies...but i uses example. (eg: Party A contract with Party B...bla bla bla) i did quite well (hehe, pardon me)...so dun worry la...sure pass one..have faith ma...abt 2.3 i think u can score mark along the way when u do the tax comp be it corp or personal tax comp. haiz 6 more days for me to everything over...but thinking back, this course actually make u learn how to think logically...no regret for giving up NTU and choosing this...

Originally posted by Zandon@Dec 7 2006, 01:50 AM

both papers i write until times up.

2.2 i misinterpret Q11 as negligence. write 1.5 page of rubbish 20 marks fly. and the foss v harbottle, i forgot the damn story, only know the principles. 10 marks fly

2.3 the ca and losses i also anyhow write, i just calculate what it can do only. Q2 i forgot to transfer losses!!! and the GST i think i screwed up! waste too much time on the first 2 question, last 3 questions i chiong and anyhow do withint 45mins.

think i'm a goner liao

alamak now u mentioned i realised i also forgot to transfer losses from the wife to husband for qn 2. :faint: OMG!!!

2.5 today.. qn 1 i do until wanna die... and still find its full of mess. Did you get a negative goodwill for the subsidiary co. ?The minute I got negative goodwill I find something is definitely wrong liao. :cry: hell i m in trouble i think....

I decided to skip cash flow coz i had 50 mins with 2 qns undone and did the substance over form one and the discontinued operations one... then write until siao... i think most of it is nonsense also....

Sure fail ... how... :faint:

Originally posted by Francis@Dec 7 2006, 02:44 PM

zan...the last rd i took 2.2 i also didnt remember any case studies...but i uses example. (eg: Party A contract with Party B...bla bla bla) i did quite well (hehe, pardon me)...so dun worry la...sure pass one..have faith ma...abt 2.3 i think u can score mark along the way when u do the tax comp be it corp or personal tax comp. haiz 6 more days for me to everything over...but thinking back, this course actually make u learn how to think logically...no regret for giving up NTU and choosing this...

hey Francis when did u leave NTU? what course were u in?

i just left NTU.

i love dividends.

i'm never from ntu...i tried for ntu twice (both during my NS term)...never got in...i went for acca after my NS. tried one last time for NTU and this time got a place to do econs...after much discussion with my friend colleague and lecturer i decided not to spend another 4 yrs in school and continue with part timing acca...

Gd day all,

My name is Desmond Choo and I am the current club president for NTU Rider’s Club. In our effort to make contact and forge closer ties with the other school bike clubs, NRC would like to invite your club’s committee members to take part in this really useful and exciting road safety talk that NRC has organized. Kindly read the advertisement below for more details.

I am hoping that thru this post, representatives from each club’s committee could maybe exchange contact with NRC so that we may create opportunities to collaborate with each other. My vision is to create a network among our schools so that we can learn and exchange pointers with one another and progress to greater heights with each others help. Feel free to call me at 81020410. If its not too much to ask, maybe members of the clubs who are reading this post could help spread the word to their leaders about this message. Thanks! Also feel free to visit NRC’s website at http://clubs.ntu.edu.sg/nrc/

“Don’t ride bike la, its so dangerous! ”.

Don’t these few words sound so awfully familiar? Well, I believe all of us have probably heard it at least once from our parents, relatives or even friends. We probably replied them by saying “ Don’t worry, I will ride carefully”. But the question is, do we really?

If the answer to the above question is “yes”, then how do you explain the high motorcycle accident rate in Singapore? How do you explain the almost daily news reports of bikers being killed or seriously injured in such accidents? Didn’t the victims of those accidents ride carefully too?

Whether we ride for transport, leisure or passion, we all cannot deny the fact that the dangers of riding a bike are real & unpredictable and consequences unimaginable. However, those dangers CAN be avoided! Best of all, all it takes is just some time and interest to learn.

Ever committed to help our members to “Ride with a difference”, NRC is proud to present a road safety talk entitled “The Essence of Road Survival”, which will be hosted by the leader of Team Hornet Singapore, Alan Lim.

Alan who is more commonly known as Spectrum in Singapore Bikes Forum is a reknowned and well-respected leader of the local bike community. He has successfully hosted countless of outings both locally and over the border, and has been gathering quite a huge following among our local riders. Recognizing his wealth of experience in riding, NRC has specially invited him over to share his ideas on road safety. NRC is very honored and excited to have him as our guest speaker and is confident that our members will benefit tremendously from the talk.

Seats to this talk is limited, thus if your are interested in learning how to avoid the dangers on the road and stay alive, kindly email us back with your name and contact number at [email protected] to make your reservations now! You wouldn’t want to miss out on this exclusive opportunity!

Kindly see below for event details and be informed that we would be having a convoy practice ride cum makan outing to West Coast Macdonald’s after the talk.

Event: “The Essence of Road Survival”

Date: 13th Dec 2006 (Wednesday)

Time: 5pm-6pm

Venue: NTU, lt 19A

Map: http://www.street-directory.com/ntu/campus...x=18&search.y=5

Remarks: Outing is after talk till late

Yours sincerely,

Desmond Choo

Club President

NTU Riders Club

:cheer: :cheer:

Originally posted by angel22@Dec 7 2006, 09:18 PM

alamak now u mentioned i realised i also forgot to transfer losses from the wife to husband for qn 2. :faint: OMG!!!

2.5 today.. qn 1 i do until wanna die... and still find its full of mess. Did you get a negative goodwill for the subsidiary co. ?The minute I got negative goodwill I find something is definitely wrong liao. :cry: hell i m in trouble i think....

I decided to skip cash flow coz i had 50 mins with 2 qns undone and did the substance over form one and the discontinued operations one... then write until siao... i think most of it is nonsense also....

Sure fail ... how... :faint:

no negative goodwill for subsi. i finish the thing quite ok, except for the associate, the gw a bit messed up there.

i also stupidly go apportion the defer tax, my MI also wrong...

sad... suppose to be easiest mark...sigh...

i do CFS, but the comment on CFS i leave blank. no time go think, just whack the other theories. lol

now...MRT!

blog @ zandon.com

save the world

btw anyone here took 3.3?

can share what came out for MA in 3.3?