SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Purpose of airbox

Guest BoBOKik

Originally posted by Vpower@May 16 2003, 11:40 AM

Usually someone likes to removes ram air from their air box as they want to run the bike with move linear power, so to speak!

Not true at all! The ZX-7R P model has TWIN ram air ducts and still has the most linear power band testers had known for sportbikes.

Ride the bull by it's horns!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there such a thing called Ram air?Wat's do?:confused:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

• 4 weeks later...

may i ask ram air and air box are they different? Can add ram air to carb bikes?:smile: Does ram air add more bHp to our bikes?:smile:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

• 5 months later...
Guest 6.5rpm

my super4 previous owner go drill a hole at the airbox.. will it haf any diff in performance and any side effect?

ps: how much does a new airbox for s4 cost?

Guest 6.5rpm
Originally posted by Andy ar@Mar 11 2006, 03:06 AM

my super4 previous owner go drill a hole at the airbox.. will it haf any diff in performance and any side effect?

ps: how much does a new airbox for s4 cost?

:help:

i feel like putting K&N air box, and K&N filther...

But i dun noe wat is tat? AIR box is for better speed? and the filther is for preventing dirty particles entering?...i wan my bike 2 sound Hollow...and a bit loud.. is it illegal? and i believe some of us, open stomach? i also not sure but stomach thing...

Pls advise

5 Oct 2005 - Jun 2007(SP) FS6059X

18 Jun 2007 - 26 Nov 2007 -> CBR400, L model problematic FJ532*S

26 Nov 2007 - 12 Nov 2011 -> TA200, FV2X2G

12 Nov 2011 - 12 Nov 2012 -> SYM GTS200, FZ99*0D

29 Nov 2012 - 13 July 2015 -> KIA Rio HB 1.4M, SFY*

13 Jul 2015 - 28 Apr 2018 -> Kia Cerato V2 SKT*

28 Apr 2018 till current -> Hyundai Elentra S_trim SLZ*

Originally posted by jeffrey83@Mar 13 2006, 09:18 PM

i feel like putting K&N air box, and K&N filther...

But i dun noe wat is tat? AIR box is for better speed? and the filther is for preventing dirty particles entering?...i wan my bike 2 sound Hollow...and a bit loud.. is it illegal? and i believe some of us, open stomach? i also not sure but stomach thing...

Pls advise

There is no K&N airbox.

An air box is a device to guide air to e carb.

By removing e airbox, u will be running way too lean.

If u want ur bike to sound hollow, u can just poke holes at e side of e airbox.

An air filter is a device which removes undesirables such as dust, pollen, mold, and bacteria from e air entering ur carb.

Its illegal to tong ur exhaust. If caught $70. It is very easy to catch one with tong end can. If there is a small screw at e bottom of e end can, it means e end can is operated b4.

Just tong ur stomach n leave ur end can alone.

It will achieve e same purpose of reducing back pressure but is alot softer n harder to be caught.

Anyway both my stomach n end can is tong.

Why four strokes when all you need is two?

my air box doubles up as an air filter.

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

Originally posted by gekokujyou@Mar 13 2006, 09:58 PM

There is no K&N airbox.

An air box is a device to guide air to e carb.

By removing e airbox, u will be running way too lean.

If u want ur bike to sound hollow, u can just poke holes at e side of e airbox.

An air filter is a device which removes undesirables such as dust, pollen, mold, and bacteria from e air entering ur carb.

Its illegal to tong ur exhaust. If caught $70. It is very easy to catch one with tong end can. If there is a small screw at e bottom of e end can, it means e end can is operated b4.

Just tong ur stomach n leave ur end can alone.

It will achieve e same purpose of reducing back pressure but is alot softer n harder to be caught.

Anyway both my stomach n end can is tong.

okie.. so wat shld i tell the bike shop?... if i wan tong? pls advise this NEWBIE! thanks:thumb:

5 Oct 2005 - Jun 2007(SP) FS6059X

18 Jun 2007 - 26 Nov 2007 -> CBR400, L model problematic FJ532*S

26 Nov 2007 - 12 Nov 2011 -> TA200, FV2X2G

12 Nov 2011 - 12 Nov 2012 -> SYM GTS200, FZ99*0D

29 Nov 2012 - 13 July 2015 -> KIA Rio HB 1.4M, SFY*

13 Jul 2015 - 28 Apr 2018 -> Kia Cerato V2 SKT*

28 Apr 2018 till current -> Hyundai Elentra S_trim SLZ*

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

guys i am riding a wave S and i have this racing carb installed by my previous owner... And with this carb i cannot even put in the airbox... Is it a good choice to run without it>? wad's its pros and cons?

Low Life Helmet Stealers shld just DIE

05-06 - FU*7*7A NSR SP (Proj Bee)

06-07 - FY*3*3L Wave S (Proj Bass)

07-07 - FN3**3M RVF 400 (Proj Black)

08-08 - FU**9*U KAWA ZX (Squeaky)

08-09 FBB***9D Pulsar DTS-i (Black)

10- FBC**98S SYM GTS

• 1 year later...
Guest Valarie
For kr150, if take out the airbox?

the sound will be hollow?

wad are the pro and cons..??

do not try to do that. it takes professional and highly skilled engineers to design and built that bike. whatever they did,they were had safety in consideration plus i wonder why we always want to outsmart the genius?

• 1 month later...

Some history books will state that Pierre and Ernest Michaux, the French father and son team of carriage-makers, invented the first bicycle during the 1860s. Historians now disagree and there is evidence that the bicycle is older than that. However, historians do agree that Ernest Michaux did invent the modern bicycle pedal and cranks in 1861.:thumb:

-------------------------

Shakira Janet

Guaranteed ROI

It's there so that oil fumes from the engine are directed back into the combustion chambers to be burnt instead of being vented to atmosphere. Years ago the pipe used to just hang down under the car so that clouds of fumes and oil droplets could spray over the car behind you as your engine became worn.

-------------------

Shakira Janet

Guaranteed ROI

It's there so that oil fumes from the engine are directed back into the combustion chambers to be burnt instead of being vented to atmosphere. Years ago the pipe used to just hang down under the car so that clouds of fumes and oil droplets could spray over the car behind you as your engine became worn.:angry:

-----------------

Shakira Janet

Guaranteed ROI

• 1 month later...

washing carb is to my sp is like ard 4-5 mths once or everytime u do full servicing juz in case ur bike stall due to dirty carb.. =)

u put back the air box.. u also have to re-tune ur bike...

if not, air / fuel intake ratio is wrong resulting in loss of power & fc

Suck it n ride!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn224/ervinchua_wl/633520157058579273-SignatureCelebra.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Imagine riding with an open face helmet and open your mouth wide. What goes into the mouth is the same stuff that goes into your engine if u remove the air filter / drilling holes at the airbox. Would any guys like the idea of those stuff going into your mouth???

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/SV650_photos/P1140039.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/SV650_photos/P1130008.jpg