SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Suspension Related Issue

civicblade

I know archer will tell u this... next the price will tell u which more better

with canister 1K+ w/o cost 700+ .. pay more for extra function :angel:

well, he asked which is better mah, of course have to give my honest and humble opinion. :angel:

which is the truth la, with canister is better la. but the 1 w/o canister is good enough too! :thumb:

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i heard spec 3 showa rear shock cant b svc..is it true??

all shocks can be serviced. it's just whether is it worthwhile to service anot.

Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

can bitubo be serviced too? at where if can?

Jsut came back fro Teck Thye..he told me that spares is not only hard to get but "don't have" even from Italy itself. Was told that the seal is "taper" type and very rare. He does the servicing for it and can make do to repair if bad. However..don't sound cheap to me :(

He told me that anyone want to even harden further their SHOWA spring rebound can be done also (for heavy weight laod rider and pillion)..need to replace a damper valve or somthing like that.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Jsut came back fro Teck Thye..he told me that spares is not only hard to get but "don't have" even from Italy itself. Was told that the seal is "taper" type and very rare. He does the servicing for it and can make do to repair if bad. However..don't sound cheap to me :(

Just for your information, Mezzo have spares available on hand for all bitubo components. With regards to what you heard from Tech Thye, I can assure you that Mezzo stands by its product and have all spares on hand to deal with all sort of problems faced by Bitubo product users, if any.

And with regards to Tech Thye servicing Bitubo products, Mezzo is the authorised service center in south east asia. Servicing the product elsewhere will void all warranty where applicable.

its at eunos industrial . when u go in there turn right and its the first shop on ur left tt u can see

the signboard says Singapore KIKI auto ryte?

mezzo is now located next to motoworld @ kaki bukit. mezzo's workshop, projekt revolution is also located at the same premises.

He told me that anyone want to even harden further their SHOWA spring rebound can be done also (for heavy weight laod rider and pillion)..need to replace a damper valve or somthing like that.

u got teck thye address or telephone no?

3 Arai Helmet Meets Up :angel:

i heard spec 3 showa rear shock cant b svc..is it true??

Huh!?...why not. All shock works and function the same so is more or less share same construction..except may be for parts that differ. My PB1 shock absorber is using a Vtec spring.

u got teck thye address or telephone no?

Heh smiley73..not sure how you missed it..I posted it in one of the thread, anyway..here it's again.

12 bradell Road

Tel: 62826564 (David)

I was told too that I can have my refurnished current Showa to be made harder if I want to.

if service showa suspension + make it harder at teck thye do u know how much would that cost?

When I was there the other day, one person was there doing it for his PB1. This was his second time there (his first S4 Version S was stolen in Malaysia recently)..speaking on the side line, he told me $230.00. The first time, he paid $300 same like me 5 years ago. So I guess you can act poor..look poor..talk humble and leh_long_leh_long, you should be able to get below $300 lah.

For the $300...I had my spring replace, added block spacer for spring rate rebound, damper seal changed, oil changed and and gas recharged. if no leak or no need to change anything..just service, definitely should be much cheaper. Better ask first what he's gonna do b4 doing for the $s he quote.

Tell him that the other day one guy came here to get your name card (riding a PB 1) recommended one..he should feel siok lah.

Is there a price reference list for works on Butibo absorber...like servicing cost and what's done and part list replacement cost. Not to keen in buying something that is not commonly available both in service and parts..afraid of being monopolised. Even TT is not going to charge any cheaper if there are not much of other people doing it.

Is there a price reference list for works on Butibo absorber...like servicing cost and what's done and part list replacement cost. Not to keen in buying something that is not commonly available both in service and parts..afraid of being monopolised. Even TT is not going to charge any cheaper if there are not much of other people doing it.

there is a price list, but i'm not at liability to post it up for all to see. but standard servicing for all brands of rear suspension is 290 + parts, includes change of oil seal, cleaning of internals and externals, and a fresh dose of suspension oil which is determined by your weight and preference.

and just for your information, bitubo is not uncommon in singapore. many superbikes are using bitubo products and so are many s4 riders.

mezzo is the distributor for bitubo in singapore and authorised service center for south east asia. with regards to your concern about parts not commonly available, whatever suspension that comes in mezzo, be it bitubo, ohlins, WP, showa, etc, are all fitted with OE seals. i have no idea where you heard that from either.

maybe you are new on the road i presume, the most valuable upgrade available for s4 riders are the bitubo rear suspension.

if you are scared of being monopolised, stick with your stock parts, as simple as that.

but standard servicing for all brands of rear suspension is 290 + parts, includes change of oil seal, cleaning of internals and externals, and a fresh dose of suspension oil which is determined by your weight and preference.

Oh iszit?...never knew $290 was a standard..someone just got it done elsewhere for much lesser plus gas top up for the canister. Don't get me wrong..you have your pricing so are your competitors.

bitubo is not uncommon in singapore. many superbikes are using bitubo products and so are many s4 riders

Superbike I dunno know...honestly, S4 I see a lot of Showa...yet to come across one Bitubo and I run around a lot.

mezzo is the distributor for bitubo in singapore and authorised service center for south east asia. with regards to your concern about parts not commonly available, whatever suspension that comes in mezzo, be it bitubo, ohlins, WP, showa, etc, are all fitted with OE seals. i have no idea where you heard that from either.

Let just say I asked and was told...so its jsut natural for me to asked about here..agreed?

maybe you are new on the road i presume

How does riding and driving for 30+ years sound like to you :) and that does not mean I know about your product (I presume)..bitubo. Its good that you believe in the product that you are promoting but it does not mean that I won't want to know about your competitor...you are making sales, I'm spending good money for product I want to own. When I asked about YSS and KYB absorber...the sales all sing the same tune about support and service..something anybody won't know till one is comitted into buying it. Don't get me wrong again..I'm learning and doing my facts finding.

most valuable upgrade available for s4 riders are the bitubo rear suspension

Just like those in this business they all say the same thing about the product they represent...that's why I here asking after hearing the same thing.

if you are scared of being monopolised, stick with your stock parts, as simple as that

Oh com'on..don't tell me you are not scare of being monopolised...u gota be kidding. No one likes to be monopolised.

stick with your stock parts, as simple as that

Showa is good and I'm doing fine with it..can't be that bad iszit?..think Honda would have not contract their product on every S4..believe Revo comes with it stock and so are Honda biggies bike right (should think so lah).

Anyway..I'm learning and look see what's right for me. The best of brand and make and their performance is one thing, but after sales service and part support matters more to me and I'll decide what's good for me.

Thanks for your input :)