SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Gilera Fuoco 500 - 2009 /2010

Slinkykat

I just fitted a Givi Screen ( RM 500 ) and a Givi box bracket ( RM 160 ) on saturday.

Took it up Awana and what a difference the screen makes. relaxed 130-140km/h cruising.

On a slight downhill managed to get an indicated 165km/h on the speedo. A CBR1000RR and an R1 who followed me was showing 175km/h on their clocks.

My GPS logged the Fuoco at 154km/h giving a speedo error of 11km/h. As I suspected, the Japanese speedos seriously overreads as compared to European bikes.

But what makes me really happy is the ability of the Fuoco to hit a genuine 154km/h when the factory claims 140km/h top speed. This is one instance I am happy the factory specs is inaccurate.

After about 1600km i am quite familiar with the bike and it handles substantially better with 32psi in front and 36psi in the rear. With the suspension setting at position 4 of 5 steps, I am grounding the mainstand less now. These two adjustments works wonders for the bike, and the rear, which was soggy when riding hard is now a lot better.

I am very happy with the Fuoco so far.

Pix to come.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The RM500 Givi screen as fitted to my Fuoco

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k229/nikhuzlan/Cars%20and%20Bikes/fuoco1.jpg

The Fuoco Top Speed as recorded on the GPS

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k229/nikhuzlan/Cars%20and%20Bikes/fuocogps2.jpg

Note the reading of maximum speed achieved - 154km/h.

By the way my other scooter had a recent color change;

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k229/nikhuzlan/Cars%20and%20Bikes/02color.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k229/nikhuzlan/Cars%20and%20Bikes/01color.jpg

I just fitted a Givi Screen ( RM 500 ) and a Givi box bracket ( RM 160 ) on saturday.

Took it up Awana and what a difference the screen makes. relaxed 130-140km/h cruising.

On a slight downhill managed to get an indicated 165km/h on the speedo. A CBR1000RR and an R1 who followed me was showing 175km/h on their clocks.

My GPS logged the Fuoco at 154km/h giving a speedo error of 11km/h. As I suspected, the Japanese speedos seriously overreads as compared to European bikes.

But what makes me really happy is the ability of the Fuoco to hit a genuine 154km/h when the factory claims 140km/h top speed. This is one instance I am happy the factory specs is inaccurate.

After about 1600km i am quite familiar with the bike and it handles substantially better with 32psi in front and 36psi in the rear. With the suspension setting at position 4 of 5 steps, I am grounding the mainstand less now. These two adjustments works wonders for the bike, and the rear, which was soggy when riding hard is now a lot better.

I am very happy with the Fuoco so far.

Pix to come.

Hi i've just collected my Fuoco. Where in Malaysia can i get the Givi Box bracket and the Screen?

Hi i've just collected my Fuoco. Where in Malaysia can i get the Givi Box bracket and the Screen?

The Givi Screen will be available next month. The Top case bracket is available from Mechinda at Pertama Complex in the middle of KL for about RM 300 and it includes a baseplate.

OMG!! yours is the full black version!!! I tot singapore only have the red/black version?

how much is it otr?

'02~'13 ::: RXK, SP, Daystar, TA150, S4 VtecII, Nissan March, VtecIII, R6, Dr200SEY, VerS, F650GS, HayabusaY2K, Honda Fit, Gilera Runner180FXR, toyota vios, DR200SES, BlackMax

NOW ::: DR200SE, Versys, Mitsubishi Lancer

The Givi Screen will be available next month. The Top case bracket is available from Mechinda at Pertama Complex in the middle of KL for about RM 300 and it includes a baseplate.

wah cow...must go until KL?? cannot la tot JB have already. Think i really have to order online...need to find some people to share freight.

wah cow...must go until KL?? cannot la tot JB have already. Think i really have to order online...need to find some people to share freight.

u riding a 500cc bike. wat is KL man?

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

No lah think still got one more with ASP cos my friend ordered but in the end never get. it's about $14500 otr

may i know ASP which branch?

'02~'13 ::: RXK, SP, Daystar, TA150, S4 VtecII, Nissan March, VtecIII, R6, Dr200SEY, VerS, F650GS, HayabusaY2K, Honda Fit, Gilera Runner180FXR, toyota vios, DR200SES, BlackMax

u riding a 500cc bike. wat is KL man?

True. This saturday pump some gas, hit the highway at 8am heading North, pin it between 120-140km/h and KL is less than 4 hours away, arrivig at 12pm. Then go pick up the rack, have it fitted, check-in a hotel for the night.

Next morning, (sunday) I'll take you sportsbike hunting along our favoite stretch; Ulu yam/Awana/Genting, have some coffee then charge downhill with the racer boys. Have a quick lunch, hit the highway by 1300 and you'll be beack home by 1800.

Gimme a call at +60192310005 if you're game.:thumb:

True. This saturday pump some gas, hit the highway at 8am heading North, pin it between 120-140km/h and KL is less than 4 hours away, arrivig at 12pm. Then go pick up the rack, have it fitted, check-in a hotel for the night.

Next morning, (sunday) I'll take you sportsbike hunting along our favoite stretch; Ulu yam/Awana/Genting, have some coffee then charge downhill with the racer boys. Have a quick lunch, hit the highway by 1300 and you'll be beack home by 1800.

Gimme a call at +60192310005 if you're game.:thumb:

Sound like great idea man. but need to pre-order? don't wanna go all the way there then no stock. Will contact again...

i see a very TEMPTED RAZ....

wats the FC and tank size?

haha. ya lor.. very tempted.. saving my downpayment..

fc ard 23km/l. tank 12litres..

haha. ya lor.. very tempted.. saving my downpayment..

fc ard 23km/l. tank 12litres..

you can consider the red one. there is still stocks at this moment. Personally, I feel that the pics does not do much justice to the bike. It really looks much better in real life. I am quite sure that once you lay your eyes on the bike, its a go!

There is a red one on display at the showroom right now ;)

I am hoping to get mine on the 1st sep.

Mag:bouncefire:

you can consider the red one. there is still stocks at this moment. Personally, I feel that the pics does not do much justice to the bike. It really looks much better in real life. I am quite sure that once you lay your eyes on the bike, its a go!

There is a red one on display at the showroom right now ;)

I am hoping to get mine on the 1st sep.

Mag:bouncefire:

i'm a black lover so would prefer to stick to full black.. hehe..

suits my helmet and riding gear too.. =P

Make the bike white and PP think u from the KPE traffic control.. HAHAHA

haha.....a good one. but no box... haha.... suddenly the 'KPE traffic control' bikes become so fast... 125 >>> 500

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

No need. There's ready stock sitting in the shop. I can book it for you if you like.

Mr. mrmagoo, i would like to have the Givi screen, can book for me, price RM500 and please sent me the address.Thank you.

Hope to ride up Kl fitted on the screen and the best to meet you and have a kopi..

John hp 97528838 SMS please