SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Gilera Fuoco 500 - 2009 /2010

Slinkykat

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. How big is our Fuoco fuel tank exactly? I've gone thru the forum and came up with the conclusion 12L.

But here's my story: I was on my way home 2 days back and tank was low. I decided to head for the station nearer my place as I do not want to exit the expressway and then get on again. So when I reached the station, I open up the tank cap and is surprised to see there is still petrol inside.

I'm surprised cos I know I'm running really low on base on the millage. This is confirmed by the fuel I pumped. Its 12.3L!! So does this mean we have a 12+ fuel Tank?

I always tot 12L is the max so this comes as a surprise to me. Can anyone verify?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. How big is our Fuoco fuel tank exactly? I've gone thru the forum and came up with the conclusion 12L.

But here's my story: I was on my way home 2 days back and tank was low. I decided to head for the station nearer my place as I do not want to exit the expressway and then get on again. So when I reached the station, I open up the tank cap and is surprised to see there is still petrol inside.

I'm surprised cos I know I'm running really low on base on the millage. This is confirmed by the fuel I pumped. Its 12.3L!! So does this mean we have a 12+ fuel Tank?

I always tot 12L is the max so this comes as a surprise to me. Can anyone verify?

in the manual it wrote ~12L (inclusive of ~2L reserve)

u can of course top up to the brim, but that will only add very little... but u are saying u can see that there is still petrol in your tank and u can top up another 12.3L?? o_O

Past: TA150,XVS400,ST1100,TW200,YP250,XL883R,RXK125,FUOCO500IE,R1200C,TW200,FLSTF,XL883L,KLE650B

Present: R1200GS,DRZ400SM,FLTR[RoadGlide]

The display Gilera is in at ADH. I just went to see today. The colout not exactly my type. The bottom part of the front is now silver in colour. I sat on both the Fuoco and MP3 400 and leg space is slightly bigger for the MP3. I might go for the MP3 instead.

mp3 looks more 'uncle' leh... on the fuoco u can stretch out your legs with highway pegs like mine... :cheeky:

Past: TA150,XVS400,ST1100,TW200,YP250,XL883R,RXK125,FUOCO500IE,R1200C,TW200,FLSTF,XL883L,KLE650B

in the manual it wrote ~12L (inclusive of ~2L reserve)

u can of course top up to the brim, but that will only add very little... but u are saying u can see that there is still petrol in your tank and u can top up another 12.3L?? o_O

Hi TW dude,

Yes I can still see petrol at the bottom of the tank and I still top up 12.3L. That's y I posted the question. lol

Hi TW dude,

Yes I can still see petrol at the bottom of the tank and I still top up 12.3L. That's y I posted the question. lol

to be honest, i'll think the pump is not accurate... or the way u pump might also affect...

when i first got the bike, the bike shop top up less than 1/2L petrol for me to get to the nearest station and at the station i only managed to pump another 11.7L max...

sweet mods. how much and where to get the slip on?

u referring to the akra?

can get your bike shop to get for u and include installation or u can get it directly from dealer, work performances, at ubi without installation... not difficult to install.

after installed, must go back dealer to put on a seal and get the papers before going for inspection...

was thinking of a coocase topbox, went to local distribuor, the sales advised me to go to bike distributor for adaptor plate. but when i googled, coocase.com says there is a adaptor plate gil004 for the fuoco. so i contacted the local distributor for coocase via email and they confirmed that this can be ordered for $180. anyone installed a coocase on their fuoco? else i will have to go with givi i guess.

i'm thinking of selling my fuoco... with all the mods except for the top box...

6 mths old, mileage only 3K, rd tax just renewed till 19 Oct. Anyone interested?

bike is not on hire purchase, but i can help arrange for loan with my bike shop if needed.

- givi wind screen with add-on adjustable wind deflector

- acerbis hand guards

- bmw type hand grips

- hella horns hidden under front fairing

- rear hugger

- akra approved exos with cert

- waterproof speakers and headunit

- highway pegs, rezoma racing pegs, to strectch out your legs

- brembo front brake pump

- ebc front and rear brake pads

- custom body and rim stickers

- custom stainless steel rack and givi base plate (box not included)

- all bulbs changed to LEDs

- all stock parts will be given to new owner

(more than $4k worth of mods...)

latest look...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]241985[/ATTACH]

just got myself another class 2 bike, itchy backside...

so thinking of selling the fuoco and get a 2B transport bike instead...

bike SOLD to a nice bro :)

sorry i read this posting abit late - will try to organize again when I can....

haha... it a bit difficult wif this grp... not active at all...

be trying to org meetups for the past 1/2yr w/o success... and until i sold my fuoco and still haven't meet anyone... LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Yeap too few Fuoco around, btw my bike is now 2.5 years & 25,000 kilo - ride feels rough do u think i should service at agent or outside - price seem the same everywhere - full servicing including belt change is s$388.....

HP: 93891138 :angel:

Yeap too few Fuoco around, btw my bike is now 2.5 years & 25,000 kilo - ride feels rough do u think i should service at agent or outside - price seem the same everywhere - full servicing including belt change is s$388.....
If u ask me, I'll recommend botak. He will only ask u to change what that is necessary and nothing more...He is one of the few mechanic who knows scooters very well.