SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

RVF or CBR 400

RossiBrian

ermm...

if u haven tried an rvf n a cbr by urself.. u will not know the great difference in both their engines...

one is a V4, where another is juz a inline 4...

V4, due to its irregular firing rate. has a better pick up (comparing stock or with legal end can, n a constant same rider)

rvf gives u the Boomz... while cbr is only a smooth delivery power..

talking about top speed.. i'm not sure cbr can go ard how high...

but my ex rvf can hit 214 with only legal endcan. (clocked by R1 06), with a 90+kg rider on it in NSHW.

talking abt winning top speed, also depends on how fast the bike can reach its top..

Rvf, famous for its power band, accelerates fast when going 120-170+... n the pickup is considered quite good in its class..

CBR, the smooth acceleration can only up at the constant speed limit due to its inline4 engine..

here comes the lastpart, if 2 same riders with the same talents. Ride off at the same timing, at a fixed distance (say 20 lamp post).

rvf, with the faster pickup n the faster bike to reach top end, will be winning while cbr is going off till its top over the speed of rvf in order to catch up with the rvf.

juz my 2cents only..

well... i m riding cbr... and im not gonna be biased against any bike, however, i do agreed wif some of them that top speed in singapore is nothing.. but if that is the case y choose a claz 2 bikes for some? im sure that a claz 2 top end is higher or much higher den any claz 2a bikes. and i also feel that the amount of $$ spent on rvf can be used to buy a claz 2 cbr 929 etc. which can seriously win the pick up and top speed of cbr or rvf...

yes is a v4 and so... and ppl wif a riding passion can go on wif rvf and inverted fork and normal fork when u go past a hump at high speed it will still damage it isn't it?

V4 or inline 4 eng will still allow the bike to move forward without fail...

pick up of cbr also does not lost much to a rvf depending on the rider's skill a rvf top speed may lose to cbr but also depends on the rider's balls if he dares to challenge himself to the limit

its juz a matter of looks and stuff...

no offence to any rider here... but i do feel it still boils now to which 1 u prefer?

its been so long...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Rvf is a great bike , but there's problems too .

both cbr and rvf are over 10 years bike

why not getting a superfour ?

This woman is talking sense. I agree with her.

If you like sport bike that much, just put that " mini fairing for super four" which I saw on the road. Bottom and sides. Then it looks abit like sport bike!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
If you ask a CBR rider, I think we will tell u the benefits of a CBR but if you ask a RVF rider, they will tell you the benefits of the RVF.

It really boils down to preference and what you want from the bike.

agreed. just like a promoters. they will only promote the benefits of the product that they are selling.

2009 - Honda NSR SP 150.

2010 - No bike. :(

2011 - No bike. :'(

if u are stopping your license at 2a. den get an rvf. if you pursueing class 2 sportsbike den save up the money for it don't go wasting it on a 2a.

Used to ride: TA200 -02, WR 200DT -94, VXR 200 -04, CB400 Spec 2 -02, GSXR400RN -92, CB 400 Spec 3 -04, VLX 400 -94, DRZ400SM -06, FZ6 S2 -09

Current bikes : YZF R1 -08

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0q3ABoj3LSY/TLPfCj6Q3zI/AAAAAAAAAAo/FSnw64_eo48/s1600/Calvin+and+Hobbes.png