SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

improving braking systems.

fraggershell

I understand that Sintered pads cost more then your regular super budget Kevlar Ceramic brakepads.

But lets sit back and think about it. the price you pay for reputable HH Sintered pads is non compare to repair bills.....hospitalisation and all the unwanted down time. Remember sometimes accident doesnt necessary invovle you only, you may have pillion on it, or what about other road users.

and the best bit...HH pads probably cost $20 bucks more. So the question is really to ask yourself, are you worth more then $20.

One pair cost around $130, 3 pair is alot.

i think most of the rider here does not have brake pads that cost so much, at most, I think 30 to 45 per pair

22 August 2005 - August 2006 - Phantom TA 200

August 2006 - April 25 2007 - X9- Almafi

May 2007 - Feb 2008 - S4 Spec III

Feb 2008 - Dec 2012 - Silverwing Euro 400 (longest ride)

July 2009 - Oct 2012 OPC - Sold

Dec 2012 - Jun 2013- paggio x10

Jun 2013 -?????? - Silverwing SW-T400 ABS (Euro ver)

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/flamingangelz/th_DSC00702.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid question, but may I ask what happened when your front brakes locked while riding? Any chance the bike flipped over/forwards??

They don't lock up in a sudden causing you to lunge forward. In fact you can feel it gradually locking. Usually it happens because your pistons are stuck or seized and when you start to ride, the temperature build up in the fluid causes it to expand and push against your pistons. Slowly the pressure will build up and then start to lock up your brakes.

At least that was what happened to me. I had to limit my riding to 15 mins and only use rear + engine braking to prevent temperature build up. You don't want to be dragging on your brakes and build up temperature. If you glaze your brake pads or burn your disc, it'll cost you really a lot.

:)

Braking Brake Disc + Braking Brake Pads + Brembo Master Brake Pump + Hel Brake Hose + a very good bleeding = :thumb:

got everything except the brake pads, cuz out of stock..

very good braking..

but good braking system need to pair with a good right hand too..

have the following for sales for improving brake system:

Venhill brakelines

929 16mm brakepump

got braking brake disc for superfour oready?? front n rear?? i taut ver.s only hve for braking brake disc...

anyone noes how much is the braking brake disc for spec3?? frnt? rear?

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r454/negatis99/Rykros.jpghttp://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r454/negatis99/landale.jpg

FBB6663M (CB400 SF Spec III) aka. Alis Landale

For a starter, the most obvious and most cost effective way to improve your machine's braking is to bleed your brake system and fresh Brake Fluid.

Presence of water and air bubble prevent your brakes from functioning well. Brakes bleeding is a very cheap remedy. I Reckon this is a good start.

Another very cost effective way is to change your brake pads to HH Sintered Brake Pads.

Thos a Ceramic or Kevlar brake pads are easy on the pocket as what many percieved, in actual fact, it doesnt last as long as Sintered pads and most importantly, to pay that bit more for sintered pads, you get lot more braking power, alot more confidence in your riding and of course the level of safety is not compromised. Given the state of traffic these days.

Cheers

yo do u guys haf any example of HH sintered brake pads for s4 spec1? EBC HH is one of them right? whats the cost?

Is fork 1 of the factor?

Just change to Steel braided hose but my front is not so "Jiak".

What could be the problem closely link to it? Or could be anyone of it.

1 - Brake Pad

2 - Brake Caliper

3 - Bleeding fault

4 - Brake Disc

5 - Fork

Anymore?

Most of the time during Jam/Hard braking, i will feel the front is jerky. What causes it?

Regards,

Crazy

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1022863475.png

Is fork 1 of the factor?

Just change to Steel braided hose but my front is not so "Jiak".

What could be the problem closely link to it? Or could be anyone of it.

1 - Brake Pad

2 - Brake Caliper

3 - Bleeding fault

4 - Brake Disc

5 - Fork

Anymore?

Most of the time during Jam/Hard braking, i will feel the front is jerky. What causes it?

what do you mean by jerky under hard braking?

bouncy feeling from the 'up and down' motion from handles?

then it's your damping that's screwed.. nothing to do with brakes...

if you feel that your brakes are not 'jiak', then it's the bleeding that's not done properly

i think Crazy is trying to mean forks also will affect your braking effectiveness..

which is totally true.. a good pair of forks will result in better braking compared to a pair of old forks that had not been serviced for many years..

i think Crazy is trying to mean forks also will affect your braking effectiveness..

which is totally true.. a good pair of forks will result in better braking compared to a pair of old forks that had not been serviced for many years..

i beg to differ...

if a fork that's leaking or damaged... the damping of the downward or upward motion of the fork is affected...

and if you feel that the front is jerky or skipping around under braking.. your tires are actually loading and unloading itself on the road hence increasing and reducing traction available for braking force to take effect..

during the unloading motion, your front wheel could actually locked up and slide a bit... while the loading motion.. the front tire gets enough traction for hard braking...

your brakes still work like it always do... however, it all depends on that whatever amount of contact patch you have in front and rear of your bike..

:)

what do you mean by jerky under hard braking?

bouncy feeling from the 'up and down' motion from handles?

then it's your damping that's screwed.. nothing to do with brakes...

if you feel that your brakes are not 'jiak', then it's the bleeding that's not done properly

Shaky/jerky handle bar is due to the screw? Nv really feel the up n down. Just the handle bar vibrate a little.

Regards,

Crazy

Oh, i have not service my fork since i bought my bike 1 year ago. Think the previous owner nv service it also :cheeky:

Regards,

Crazy

Shaky/jerky handle bar is due to the screw?

i think he mean your fork gone liao.. needa service, not the screws..

come to think of it, you can try tightening the screws too, just to make sure..

Oh, i have not service it since i bought it a year ago. Think previous owner nv change also :cheeky:

it's time liao.. i service my forks yearly..

i think he mean your fork gone liao.. needa service, not the screws..

come to think of it, you can try tightening the screws too, just to make sure..

it's time liao.. i service my forks yearly..

Which screw? screw on top?

Regards,

Crazy

Which screw? screw on top?

screws at handlebar, screws at clamps to triple clamps, screws at triple clamps..

i once had a shaky handlebar, later realise the screw that securing the clamps to the triple clamp is not tighten enough..