SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SSDC Class 2B (2015)

Kayden91

I dun recommend taking rtt after prac 4 as the waiting time for rtt is about 1-2month. Imagine if you clear prac 5-7within a month. U have to wait for your rtt then u can book your tp.

For rtt I recommend is to clear asap. To avoid waiting issue. Anyway rtt is valid for 1 year so I dun think it will be a issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi samick thanks for your advice. It was one of the instructors who was conducting the theory lessons who suggested to take rtt at/after practical 4. Anyway I'm definitely a slow learner and I'm prepared to take several attempts at TP or even renew the SSDC 1 year membership if required.

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Bro,

I was just like you years back SSDC..practical kept repeating. I told myself giving up is not an option, will only push myself to continue moving on.

Years passed and move on to Class 2A and 2....

Yay! i passed! On to prac 2!

every week 1 lesson.

Oh, would like to ask everyone here!

Why do i keep accidentally downshifting when i rest my foot on the gear paddle??

is my posture correct? I tried to not rest to hard and my ankle kinda feels cramp.

Anyway to counter this?

I asked the instructor he told me, to practice more.....

Finally cleared practical 4, borderline pass with 16 points - 3 blind spots check failure and figure 8 got another 4 points for 11.16s timing. Think have to practice more on figure 8 and remember blind spots well. Just booked RTT on 7 Jan 2016 and lesson 5. Lesson 5 seems popular - the next available slot is 26 Dec 2016 about 2 weeks away and this is the longest wait I've experienced for a lesson at SSDC. Guess I'll keep myself busy with circuit revisions in the meantime

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

Yay! i passed! On to prac 2!

every week 1 lesson.

Oh, would like to ask everyone here!

Why do i keep accidentally downshifting when i rest my foot on the gear paddle??

is my posture correct? I tried to not rest to hard and my ankle kinda feels cramp.

Anyway to counter this?

I asked the instructor he told me, to practice more.....

The instructors will tell you otherwise but my opinion is that most bikes at driving centres just plain suck, period. They will tell you oh, a good rider can handle any type of bike. That's bullshit because we are students without licence, how can expect us to handle over-used bikes with very high wear and tear :nono:

Some gear paddles are too stiff (step 6-9x to shift down to 1st gear at e-brake) and others are like yours where the clutch doesn't do its job properly. I have rode one where the gear suddenly shifted into neutral without any action on the clutch, which is extremely dangerous. Luckily the green light is pretty visible so I immediately brake and shift down. Of course, I failed (lesson 2). And of course, instructor saw this and blame it on my skill instead of their shitty ass bikes :smile:

Ride safe and watch out for crappy bikes with loose gear pedals and clutches.

Oh, as for your problem, you are supposed to put weight on the arch of your feet (which should be on the rest pedal and not the gear). That way, the weight of your left foot is not on the gear pedal and it is less likely for you to accidentally shift down.

Edited by ocping