SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[SSDC] Class 2B (2016)

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, suddenly got a question in my mind.

Let's say red light and I'm the first bike. Planning to turn right. When the light turns green and the traffic is still busy. Do I inch out or wait behind the indicator line before the opposite traffic is clear? Assuming no right pocket.

I know for left turn, need to inch and turn left abit when light is green if there's pedastarian.

Thanks.

Is this in reference to any of the specific junctions in the test route?

If it's the one at the coffeeshop, you should inch forward, rear wheel clears the furthest line but bike points straight ahead since gliding right will force you over the divider and into the opposite lane.

If you are asking in general and there is a yellow box, you can wait in the box, near the X. Just imagine a pocket there and position accordingly. If there are 2 right-turn lanes (in major roads after you obtain your license), there will usually be pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. I'm asking in general as im at L5. Have not go the test route yet.

Ok so both left turn and right turn requires to inch out right? Left turn will be inch out until near pedestrian crossing and right turn/u turn will inch out until near the center divider?

Is this only for Cross Junction?

Is there a scenario where im the first rider and when the light turns green, i wouldn't need to move until opposite lane is clear? I remember when my L5, i come out from gate turn left and afterwards turn right to go towards the temple, that turn i have to stay behind the STOP line.

the turn before after gate to turn right towards the temple. You are supposed to inch out to a black line on the road if traffic is busy. 2 bikes inch out to ease the traffic. But my L5 that time instructor never ask us to. I think it best for you to follow your instructor guiding you on L5 rather than you inch out and get reprimanded for.

Good luck and have fun for your road lesson!

Managed to pass my L5 today. Clarified with the instructor. For right turn and left turn with traffic light, need to inch out abit if there's traffic.

For the first right turn (Stop line without traffic light), the instructor told me can inch out too. But my previous lesson instructor did not ask us to inch out. Abit confusing here though.

Anyway what is your technique for U-turn for 1st gear and 2nd gear?

Maintain throttle and use rear brake if too fast?

Failed my L6 on 2nd attempt. Everything did swee only for 1 mistake, the first right turn, check safety on left side but never check right then when I move off, the car approaching from the right had to slow down. I blame myself for that rookie mistake

Managed to pass my L5 today. Clarified with the instructor. For right turn and left turn with traffic light, need to inch out abit if there's traffic.

For the first right turn (Stop line without traffic light), the instructor told me can inch out too. But my previous lesson instructor did not ask us to inch out. Abit confusing here though.

Anyway what is your technique for U-turn for 1st gear and 2nd gear?

Maintain throttle and use rear brake if too fast?

Yes must stop at stop line then must inch out. For U-turn, technique is to align your shoulder with the kerb and no matter what never look below, it will cause you to turn too wide or panic and would bring down your right leg. So make sure to get your biting point, throttle and look far and turn, I prefer to use my body to corner because even if not align with kerb still can do a good U turn but I suggest you book a CR and train your U-Turn after the pylon course and the entrance to the plank. For 2nd gear, same thing but easier to U turn as you already go speed, so turn when just nice your shoulder align with the kerb. All the best for L6!

Yes must stop at stop line then must inch out. For U-turn, technique is to align your shoulder with the kerb and no matter what never look below, it will cause you to turn too wide or panic and would bring down your right leg. So make sure to get your biting point, throttle and look far and turn, I prefer to use my body to corner because even if not align with kerb still can do a good U turn but I suggest you book a CR and train your U-Turn after the pylon course and the entrance to the plank. For 2nd gear, same thing but easier to U turn as you already go speed, so turn when just nice your shoulder align with the kerb. All the best for L6!

Thanks bro. Will practice the U turns. Good luck to your L6 too.

Went for L1 (1st time, there were 5 of us) today morning ... fine weather, thankfully.

Trainer was Mr. Zamri, very patient and fun. Step by step and we progressed from finding the biting point to mini circuit. 2 of us managed to ride on the big circuit.

Still need to get use to doing so many things with just 4 limbs (ha ha ha).

1 difficulty I faced was with the foot brake. Still can't find the point for "slowing down" and "stopping" ... press on it and rear wheel jam locked most of the time. So I was using front brake in L1 and just tapping lightly on rear brake cos Trainer say, "Must use both brakes!".

Of course, none of us pass L1 on 1st try.

Need to practice more on foot brake.

Overall, it was a very pleasant learning experience so far ... need to thanks the Trainers

Theory 1 & 2 - Mr Joseph Teo

Theory 3 & 4 - Mr Salehin

L0 - Mr Riduan

L1 - Mr Zamri

Finally cleared L6 today. Booked L7 this coming 27th. Any tips? Thinking of booking both CR and RR before L7.

u shld...sometimes its the difference if an instructor wanna let you clear or not...cheers

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Wanted book both but no slot for RR at my convenience therefore decided to book CR right before my L7

i think rr is not so important, because it is dependent on the outside road condition factors.

as long as your basic fundamental is there, like blind spot and check back right or left etc, no silly mistakes that might cause accident, safety first. if u feel unsafe, or not sure whether to go or not, better dont go. (get delay in moving off better than immediate failure)

on the other hand, cr is the one u should really master before u go for lesson 7

I have Mother Teresa's heart <3

i think rr is not so important, because it is dependent on the outside road condition factors.

as long as your basic fundamental is there, like blind spot and check back right or left etc, no silly mistakes that might cause accident, safety first. if u feel unsafe, or not sure whether to go or not, better dont go. (get delay in moving off better than immediate failure)

on the other hand, cr is the one u should really master before u go for lesson 7

Agreed with if feel unsafe, or not sure whether to go or not, play safe don't go.

Personally I prefer to go RR than CR as after 3 or 4 rounds road normally still got time for you to do circuit revision. but of course is more expensive.

Anyone here know if there is RTT/TP test on weekends?

May I also know whether I can BOOK TP without going for RTT yet or theory 5,6,7? Very troublesome due to NS. Plus my PDL ends 20 September. Sian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about weekends but I haven't seen any weekend test dates on ssdc website.

You'll need to clear everything before you can book TP.