SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

DIY HID - All About High Intensity Discharge

Originally posted by Naz@Jan 15 2006, 05:34 AM

it sucks to see these kinda light on the road.

really blinding. do reconsider please.

u don really need such a powerful lamp for Sg roads. We have enough road lamps to ensure ur visibility is secured.

further, even if it's to create awareness to irresponsible drivers, u can always use the PASS button available on your big bikes.

Else, you can always practise safety of judgement.

And no, locally I have not seen any local scramblers fitting these even for the means of night trails. We're not in Krabi or dark mountains for that matter. hic~

hey relax. there is an on/off switch to enable/disable HID.

HID is useful in msia road from my malacca trip's experience.

No more regrets.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I went to AhBoy Bro store saw HID kit in the glass cabinet furtherest from the counter. I didn't check the price as I don't need it.

Those interested might wanna check it out. :confused:

91-92: 84 Yam LC125

95-97: 88 Suz GSX400R & 88 GSX400FW

97-01: 95 Suz Bandit400

01-04: 96 Suz DR650SE

04-11: 99 Suz SV650S

05-05: 94 Suz DR200SE

06-16: 06 Kia Rio 1.4(M) Sedan

11-12: 02 BMW F650GS

12-16 01 BMW R1150GS

When- Burgman Tmax ??

haha, HID's are a craze in M'sia now...but ok in the newspaper where they conducted a poll...55% said HID's did not bother them other than the bluish colour they emit. the remaining 45% said it was glaring as some of them were not properly adjusted...hahaha

HID's on bikes is whole different story...yet to see one though... :smile:

My current ryde...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/EnegueWeil/TZm.jpg

Originally posted by Enegue@Jan 15 2006, 04:32 PM

Look for "limbat", he has succesfully installed a HID on his 2B bike. I was very impressed.

With the recent report on HID, TPs are now on the prowl for all these illegal installations.

:bounce:

ah...haha can't wait to spot him when I go for my trips in Sg.

oh abt the switch, they will usually have a button like an on and off. it works perfectly on bikes like the R1 where they have 2 head lamps. 1 could be used for HID and the other for normal lighs...

that's what I think... :cheeky:

My current ryde...

Originally posted by Demon@Jan 15 2006, 05:15 PM

Could you elaborate on this thing ?

u haven seen limbat's bike b4 rite? there is this switch where he can off the HID and den normal headlight will be on.

den he can also enable the HID and off the normal headlights

No more regrets.

Originally posted by Enegue@Jan 15 2006, 05:37 PM

ah...haha can't wait to spot him when I go for my trips in Sg.

oh abt the switch, they will usually have a button like an on and off. it works perfectly on bikes like the R1 where they have 2 head lamps. 1 could be used for HID and the other for normal lighs...

that's what I think... :cheeky:

u msian? ur fireblade is a 929?

No more regrets.

Originally posted by chris 525@Jan 15 2006, 04:55 AM

have you taken into consideration that your high intensity light may dazzle oncoming road users.

anyway each to theiir own

did the car consider us too?

2002-2003 aprillia rs125

2003-2008 Honda SP

2005-2006 Yahama 125z

2006-2006 Yahama R1 2001

2006-2011 Suzuki Gxsr1000 K6

2007-2007 Aprillia RS250

2008-2011 Suzuki Gxsr1000 K8

2011-2013 aprillia RSV4

2011-now ktm 525sm

2013-now husquvana 510 sm

yeah...

we can fix on another light....

how abt the price?

2002-2003 aprillia rs125

2003-2008 Honda SP

2005-2006 Yahama 125z

2006-2006 Yahama R1 2001

2007-2007 Aprillia RS250

2011-2013 aprillia RSV4

2011-now ktm 525sm

Originally posted by paiseh@Jan 16 2006, 11:24 AM

u haven seen limbat's bike b4 rite? there is this switch where he can off the HID and den normal headlight will be on.

den he can also enable the HID and off the normal headlights

I have seen limbat's bike at his shop.

I had the impression that the HID when disabled, will perform like a regular bulb. What you are saying is that for bikes with twin headlight, one of them is modified to HID, and you can independently control each headlamp. That doesn't make the HID modification legal.

Originally posted by Demon@Jan 16 2006, 01:01 PM

I had the impression that the HID when disabled, will perform like a regular bulb. What you are saying is that for bikes with twin headlight, one of them is modified to HID, and you can independently control each headlamp. That doesn't make the HID modification legal.

Installing HID itself is already illegal. However, u can make ur bike seem legal by installing the HID with on/off switch.

Abt bikes like phantom or super 4 with single headlight, i tink they have no choice. Either gif up HID or bear the consequences HID can bring.

No more regrets.

Originally posted by jonse@Jan 16 2006, 11:57 AM

yeah...

we can fix on another light....

how abt the price?

each bulb costs $280 with complete installation kit for bikes . $40 installation fee, including a switch.

No more regrets.

Originally posted by jonse@Jan 16 2006, 11:55 AM

did the car consider us too?

Some cars like BMW/MERC comes with HID fitted in their cars LEGALLY in spore. For bikes, its a total illegal issue.

just to share with u guys, merc(be it SLK model or watever la) originally dun come with HID fitted in them. To install HID, owner has to pay S$1000 for a pair to be installed and theirs are considered legal . Again, same procedure, owner has to bring his car for inspection n watever watever. in this merc case, the agent will bring for him. anyway, this HID is not tat bright at all compared to limbat's HID.

Anyway, even its illegal, during inspection, we can fail any 2 categories and usually, they are headlight and exhaust (carbon / noise level). so even if we bring our bike for inspection, most likely we are able to pass the inspection.

No more regrets.

Originally posted by Demon@Jan 16 2006, 01:01 PM

how limbat 1 look like?

2002-2003 aprillia rs125

2003-2008 Honda SP

2005-2006 Yahama 125z

2006-2006 Yahama R1 2001

2007-2007 Aprillia RS250

2011-2013 aprillia RSV4

2011-now ktm 525sm

Originally posted by jonse@Jan 16 2006, 06:10 PM

how limbat 1 look like?

his is freaking bright

twin headlight as well.

1 normal, 1 HID. with switches to play around with to enable/disable wat he wans

No more regrets.

Originally posted by paiseh@Jan 16 2006, 11:24 AM

u msian? ur fireblade is a 929?

ya i'm riding a fireblande and tzm...and yes i'm pretty much guessing i'm the only m'sian rider here...

My current ryde...

I'm staying in KL...brought the fireblade to thailand for a trip last year...i usually service at Heon'g shop in SS2...honest i guy so far....haha i'm new so, can't tell much of a difference.

My current ryde...

Originally posted by chris 525@Jan 15 2006, 04:55 AM

have you taken into consideration that your high intensity light may dazzle oncoming road users.

anyway each to theiir own

I did lower my HID light beam so as not to dazzle other oncoming road user. I am not a irresponsible HID user .........

Btw - even Mountain bikers have a HIDs lighting option - mounted on their helmets for better visibity for nite riding ..... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

HP: 93891138 :angel:

Originally posted by Naz@Jan 15 2006, 05:34 AM

it sucks to see these kinda light on the road.

really blinding. do reconsider please.

u don really need such a powerful lamp for Sg roads. We have enough road lamps to ensure ur visibility is secured.

further, even if it's to create awareness to irresponsible drivers, u can always use the PASS button available on your big bikes.

Else, you can always practise safety of judgement.

And no, locally I have not seen any local scramblers fitting these even for the means of night trails. We're not in Krabi or dark mountains for that matter. hic~

To each it's own ............ U obviously dun need 1

It does not suck to see HIDs on other responsible road user - They are using HIDs all over Japan now ...... even trucks have them for safety reasons .....

It does not blind - if U lower the HIDs light beam on to the road & not at other road user.

Yes - I do need 1 but I keep it switch off for SG road use most of the time. I do travel to other places - U R a frog in the well meh.... dun U go anywhere else ... come join us on our "Northern Petrol Runs" or other rides to Northern Thailand - dun need to stay in the well U know.....

We teach new HIDs user - responsibilty when using HIDs - ohhh yes we can also use yr method of using the PASS button as well.

We do "practise safety of judgement" by using HIDs responsibly ....

I strongly suggest if U hv any local scrambler friends to try the off-road further north - much more fun & more ground to jump & hop & U are right - u dun need HIDs here. Btw, it is too dangerours for yr scrambler friends to try jumping & hopping at nite. Have U been to the dark mountains - really scary but w elove it .... & last Krabi is beautiful day or nite ......

Ooopps ............. my 2cts tots veri veri loo soh hor.....

:bouncefire: :bouncefire: :bouncefire: :bouncefire:

Originally posted by Enegue@Jan 15 2006, 04:32 PM

haha, HID's are a craze in M'sia now...but ok in the newspaper where they conducted a poll...55% said HID's did not bother them other than the bluish colour they emit. the remaining 45% said it was glaring as some of them were not properly adjusted...hahaha

hey.......... if everyone install their HIDs systems properly then it would be wonderful ....... HIDs user should lower their light beams on to the roads.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Originally posted by jonse@Jan 16 2006, 06:10 PM

how limbat 1 look like?

one of the twin headlamp on his CBR125 is modified to HID. Because the HID is running at only 35w, the white beam is very stable, even if you rev the bike, as compared to running 55w for halogen. It was few months back, I was there just past lunch hour, so the afternoon sun was blazing bright, but the HID can still be seen white and bright. I am not sure what kelvin rating is his HID, but it's visibly more white than blue. limbat did make the extra effort to aim his HID appropriately, however in a night environment, I'm not sure if the side glare would irritate other road users. I must say the HID is a nice setup, and I would think that if I have HID on my bike, it wouldn't need to mount auxillary lights whenever I head for NSH. You should make an appointment and view his bike, limbat is quite proud of his HID.

limbat, post some pics lah. A pic is better than a thousand words.

Originally posted by Demon@Jan 17 2006, 09:59 AM

one of the twin headlamp on his CBR125 is modified to HID. Because the HID is running at only 35w, the white beam is very stable, even if you rev the bike, as compared to running 55w for halogen. It was few months back, I was there just past lunch hour, so the afternoon sun was blazing bright, but the HID can still be seen white and bright. I am not sure what kelvin rating is his HID, but it's visibly more white than blue. limbat did make the extra effort to aim his HID appropriately, however in a night environment, I'm not sure if the side glare would irritate other road users. I must say the HID is a nice setup, and I would think that if I have HID on my bike, it wouldn't need to mount auxillary lights whenever I head for NSH. You should make an appointment and view his bike, limbat is quite proud of his HID.

limbat, post some pics lah. A pic is better than a thousand words.

his bike is a CBR150 :smile:

his HID has a color temp of 6500K almost nearing the purple color zone.

35 watt.

lumens.. i tink its 20,000 over lumens. :sweat: not too sure. keke

anyway, his HID is so freaking superb

No more regrets.