SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

helo there... when i bought the bike, when everitin was still stock, i do need to throttle a bit too.. me too do not know the explaination but when i change my pipe and air filter, there isnt a need to throttle animore... actualli me too quite noob on the bike.. mayb the more seniors can help...

Thanks bro,U said u change pipe n air filter???any CDI or other stuff changed??

Thanks

What do u really get for being the fastest?? :cheeky:

helo there... when i bought the bike, when everitin was still stock, i do need to throttle a bit too.. me too do not know the explaination but when i change my pipe and air filter, there isnt a need to throttle animore... actualli me too quite noob on the bike.. mayb the more seniors can help...

anw where did u change ur pipe???n how much did it cost u ???

Edited by alienalien

Any nice senior ST200 rider,Plz b generous in giving mi feedbacks??Is it true like wat TERUNA bro has said tat tuning the air n fuel mixture can solve the morning throttle problem???

Thanks

hey bro..wt TERUNA said is tru..smwer along dat line..smtnk lyk bike idling..nt a big issue actuali..juz pop by ur scoot shop..

hapi ridin:)

Any nice senior ST200 rider,Plz b generous in giving mi feedbacks??Is it true like wat TERUNA bro has said tat tuning the air n fuel mixture can solve the morning throttle problem???

Thanks

All bikes will have the same problem when cold. It is normal as the engine needs to warm up from a cold stationery position. This happens to you in the morning usually rite and once engine is warm, u dont hav dat prob any longer. Correct? Our carb, no matter wat model, has an electrical choke dat is pulled everytime we start the bike which should reduce this problem during cold engine start-up. You can get ur mech to play around wit ur idling to solve this get them check/service ur carb and do a proper tuning. Good Luck!!

SCTR ATCK enthusiast

Tuning Crew @ SG

www.scootertuning.de

www.scooterforum.net

True enough. . Thou its a small matter,But it really makes mi wonder y most of the shops tells mi auto bike IS LIKE THIS ONE. . . but none willing to solve my problem. . hahas. . .I`m willing to pay to solve this problem . . but none can do. . hahas. . how irony~

Thanks. .

PS:Any nice bro here able to solve this problem??Plz PM mi. . thanks. . buy u makan la. . hahas. . .

I suppose ur mech spoke by experience. My hayate, automatic cub, was hard to start even if choked, when it's the first start of the day. I discovered by twisting a little throttle, then it'll become a one-time start. Had read in this forum, some other scooters are harder to start in morning, compared to motorcycles.

But do remember, please do it on a main stand if you're twisting throttle, sometimes in midst of moment, you may forgot it's on side stand, sitting on it, or holding by handle bar and you may be dragged off, quite dangerous.

ST200 is a cool bike, the outlook is totally revamped from other previous runner model. Have fun with it! :)

Anyone can ride a bike. Being a biker, is a state of mind.

I suppose ur mech spoke by experience. My hayate, automatic cub, was hard to start even if choked, when it's the first start of the day. I discovered by twisting a little throttle, then it'll become a one-time start. Had read in this forum, some other scooters are harder to start in morning, compared to motorcycles.

But do remember, please do it on a main stand if you're twisting throttle, sometimes in midst of moment, you may forgot it's on side stand, sitting on it, or holding by handle bar and you may be dragged off, quite dangerous.

ST200 is a cool bike, the outlook is totally revamped from other previous runner model. Have fun with it! :)

Yup. . But have asked ard,Most of the seniors here wit runner. . can start up without throttling in the morning. .It not troublesome,jus tat i`ve got myself a alarm + remote start system. . would like to utilize the system.

Went to sunrise,Even they are not able to tune the bike.Tai hin,Future scootering,Asphoon,Sunrise,none able to solve my bikes problem. .Any nice seniors knows where to do scooter tuning,Plz pm mi. . Thanks. .

Anw for those bro whose st200 can start without throttling,Do you guys need to crank for very long before it can start?

Thanks.

Went to sunrise,Even they are not able to tune the bike.Tai hin,Future scootering,Asphoon,Sunrise,none able to solve my bikes problem. .Any nice seniors knows where to do scooter tuning,Plz pm mi. . Thanks. .

Anw for those bro whose st200 can start without throttling,Do you guys need to crank for very long before it can start?

Thanks.

turn ur idling screw higher, maybe can solve the problem.

bros, sorry this might be out of topic , but my st200 which has been around for around 3 months has a faulty speedometre. speedo remains at 00km/h but fuel guage and temperature gauge is fine. any ideas whats the problem?

speedo cable or the part at the wheel faulty. since just 3 months, shd be under warranty right? go back piaggio to settle.

bros, sorry this might be out of topic , but my st200 which has been around for around 3 months has a faulty speedometre. speedo remains at 00km/h but fuel guage and temperature gauge is fine. any ideas whats the problem?

speedo is faulty. . Book a date with piaggio n bring ur bike down for repair. . should be FOC. .

Tried setting my ideling to 2-2.5 RPM. . Not working. . Heard Racing CDI can solve the problem i`m facing now??how true is tat??

Thanks

Seriously....u wanna change CDI coz u hav to throttle ur bike when u start. Its juz a small matter really...but if ur willing to part with $400++ to try solve ur problem, u can try. Dont think it will help though....did u check the plug? Try dat out first....good luck

SCTR ATCK enthusiast

Tuning Crew @ SG

www.scootertuning.de

www.scooterforum.net

Seriously....u wanna change CDI coz u hav to throttle ur bike when u start. Its juz a small matter really...but if ur willing to part with $400++ to try solve ur problem, u can try. Dont think it will help though....did u check the plug? Try dat out first....good luck

Spark plug u mean??Went to pick up my bike from sunrise.They told mi the same thing. .is twin iridium the best??

Hm.. I still think spending the extra $0.0034342 worth of fuel to throttle when starting engine, makes more economic senses to spend on a performance spark plug. Just my thoughts, do what you think makes you comfortable with. Happy most important! :cheeky:

Anyone can ride a bike. Being a biker, is a state of mind.