SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Spark 135 Problems & Solutions

fiery

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope.. nothing to do with the clutch.. i mean when u are not using the clutch.. jus at gear 3.. moving along.. then close and open throttle slightly..

Preloading is it? Maybe it's because of the accelerator pump on the carb that's why when u close den open again got that jerky feeling.

Experienced it last time..

This might be caused by a hose connected to top of cylinder block from carburettor for some emission control purpose as after the mechanic sealed it off, no more jerking..

I can be wrong..

U're talking about the AIS? Some people disable the whole system because it supposedly disrupts the whole exhaust process i think. Like not natural like that. Forcing air into the exhaust to complete combustion so air that comes out from exhaust is cleaner. Got this from another website :-

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/h4hahak1m/676ea7af.jpg

why my fuell consumption drop:( after overhaul my conrod? Piston is ok? n wen i kick start it is even harder? befrore dat i seized my original piston then change to bigger block used sp carb more fuel then the coolant run out n seized then change back to original piston n block n original carb the fuel return back i was happy...then conrod make noise then change no sound so happy but the fuel consumption drop check pin jet everthing is normal use airbox somemore? need help urently? hw to get back my fuel consumption?

Maybe because when u overhaul the bike, u need to set the carb again. Theory is that a lean mixture (more air that fuel) is bad for the engine because of overheating and stuff and a rich mixture (more fuel than air) gives bad fuel economy. So u can try troubleshoot urself or go to ur mech and ask if the carb settings are correct. If ur mech dunno den u can always go to another shop right? :)

hi all,

my exhaust pipe on my spark rusted and there is a small hole on my pipe.

can it be welded or i need to change the whole pipe.

thanks in advance

If u're talking about the hole on the bottom of the pipe, the very very small hole, near the centre, before the first exhaust guard (the triangle thingy), it's made there. It's not damage. All spark standard exhaust confirm have.

Umm. If i'm wrong correct me ah. I'm still learning. :cool:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/h4hahak1m/DSC01047-1.jpg

Spark 135 and x1r riders!

Add yourself into our new FB page now!

Or if u're and ex-spark/x1r rider.

No registration fees :)

https://www.facebook.com/yamahat135sbf

my bike is 1 year plus, never used for 6mths plus den i buy from owner 2nd hand, issit cause too long he never use den my bike keep vibrating? =)

4 stroke vibrate quite a bit la. Small bike sumore. Got a lot of little little moving parts in the engine. Adds up to all the vibrations. Make ur butt itchy during long rides sometimes.

4 stroke vibrate quite a bit la. Small bike sumore. Got a lot of little little moving parts in the engine. Adds up to all the vibrations. Make ur butt itchy during long rides sometimes.

even ur screw or nutz will vibrate till dey r lost on the road........

haiz...

i lost afew though...

YAMAHA spark135 '07 - present

HONDA S4 '08 - present

even ur screw or nutz will vibrate till dey r lost on the road........

haiz...

i lost afew though...

same here

lost the rod that connects my racing footrest to the gearbox on the eway

cannot change gear :giddy:

luckily traffic light turns in my favour and reached home safely

cost me freaking 25 bucks for that rod thingy at bplus

hahah, yeah bro,

u are correct, the hole there is standard one for all spark 135. The hole is there to avoid water from entering the pipe and up to the piston. Sonetimes when water enters the pipe when it is raining or something like that. I got this info from my friend. hahah

so dumb of me now then i know got this type of thing.

Preloading is it? Maybe it's because of the accelerator pump on the carb that's why when u close den open again got that jerky feeling.

U're talking about the AIS? Some people disable the whole system because it supposedly disrupts the whole exhaust process i think. Like not natural like that. Forcing air into the exhaust to complete combustion so air that comes out from exhaust is cleaner. Got this from another website :-

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/h4hahak1m/676ea7af.jpg

Maybe because when u overhaul the bike, u need to set the carb again. Theory is that a lean mixture (more air that fuel) is bad for the engine because of overheating and stuff and a rich mixture (more fuel than air) gives bad fuel economy. So u can try troubleshoot urself or go to ur mech and ask if the carb settings are correct. If ur mech dunno den u can always go to another shop right? :)

If u're talking about the hole on the bottom of the pipe, the very very small hole, near the centre, before the first exhaust guard (the triangle thingy), it's made there. It's not damage. All spark standard exhaust confirm have.

Umm. If i'm wrong correct me ah. I'm still learning. :cool:

hahah, yeah bro,

u are correct, the hole there is standard one for all spark 135. The hole is there to avoid water from entering the pipe and up to the piston. Sonetimes when water enters the pipe when it is raining or something like that. I got this info from my friend. hahah

so dumb of me now then i know got this type of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

wats spark135 top speed without modification....?

Class 3 : 18 June 2007

Class 2B : 18 October 2007

Class 2A : 20 January 2009

Class 2. : 28 June 2010

Oct 2007 - July 2010 : Spark 135

july 2010 - now: CBR600rr09

hi guys, im riding a new spark FBC plate limited edition. My milage is only around 2500km. However over the pass few days, i encounter a problem, whenever i ride around 100km den whe i slowly close throttle, the engine breaking is not smooth, there is this 'jerkin' motion when it lrt go of the throttle or close throttle. This causes my bike to wobble more in the front. It felt as if my wheels is going to fly off. But i understand that my front fork,etc are all well.. can sumone advice me on what to do or what causes this problem. thanks in advance! :thumb:

hi guys, im riding a new spark FBC plate limited edition. My milage is only around 2500km. However over the pass few days, i encounter a problem, whenever i ride around 100km den whe i slowly close throttle, the engine breaking is not smooth, there is this 'jerkin' motion when it lrt go of the throttle or close throttle. This causes my bike to wobble more in the front. It felt as if my wheels is going to fly off. But i understand that my front fork,etc are all well.. can sumone advice me on what to do or what causes this problem. thanks in advance! :thumb:

Hi there.. do u mean tat when u close throttle and open it again.. then ure bike jerks?

Check your chain tension. Might be loose. Standard spark sprocket and chain sucks

Check your chain tension. Might be loose. Standard spark sprocket and chain sucks

yeah, that might be the cause of it.

if the chain tension is loose will feel jerky and will create sound also.

the standard chain and spocket max will last a yr only man.

yeah, that might be the cause of it.

if the chain tension is loose will feel jerky and will create sound also.

the standard chain and spocket max will last a yr only man.

how to check the chain tension? but the jerkin doesnt comes from the chain area.. i think. but it only happens when im in gear 3 or 4 den when i drop speed, the jerkin starts..:(

what im tryin to say is that the jerkin happens when i close my throttle halfway then open it back. get it?:giddy:

Well, mine's jerk when I close throttle completely and then open it slightly.. guess something wrong with the inside..gonna get it overhauled.. anyway why sound so fusturated? Jus asking because I thought u face the same problem as my bike.. if not happy u dun post lor.. big deal:dozed:

Well, mine's jerk when I close throttle completely and then open it slightly.. guess something wrong with the inside..gonna get it overhauled.. anyway why sound so fusturated? Jus asking because I thought u face the same problem as my bike.. if not happy u dun post lor.. big deal:dozed:

haha.. sorry bro.. never meant it dat way.. i guess the problem we face is similar.. im goin to yamaha service centre to check it out.. dun angry2 la.. peace! :angel:

i got tiz prob too yesterday afta i did full-service on my spark

try sending to yamaha service centre. i sent mine yest. after i told them about the problem, one of the mech go test ride my bike for full 10 mins to see whats wrong. when he come back, he told me that my chain tension is loose and my throttle cable pin is loose, so the fuel is not properly supplied to the engine, dats y got jerkin. he go tighten the chain and the pin den he ask me go test ride. and i must say my problem solved. they are good and experienced mechs la..kudos!:thumb:

wah!! where ah this yamaha service centre?

anyway, i got 1 story.... true story.. ehem2..

my fren bought x1r last year, plate fbb7***.. since then, he only change engine oil just twice, once was october the other was last month.. he only uses mineral base engine oil.. to his surplise ah, the last engine oil change, his mech found out when he opened the drain cap, the thing that came out was in drips not gushes... how come ah? bike eat engine oil ah? i tot only those cubs without radiator face this problem? scary stuff man.. since spark n x1r engine relatively the same, scared this happened to me also man.. i using fully synthetic, n i do check my eo level often.. change eo once a month..

y this happen ah? does it only happen to bikes dat use mineral based eo? or izzit due to not sending bike for service often? can find out by ourselves or not whether our radiator fan runs once the thermosensor kicks in?

who gets summoned for not signalling? i did..

dumb luck? maybe...

nak nene mandi air bunga...

try sending to yamaha service centre. i sent mine yest. after i told them about the problem, one of the mech go test ride my bike for full 10 mins to see whats wrong. when he come back, he told me that my chain tension is loose and my throttle cable pin is loose, so the fuel is not properly supplied to the engine, dats y got jerkin. he go tighten the chain and the pin den he ask me go test ride. and i must say my problem solved. they are good and experienced mechs la..kudos!:thumb:

mr maman, throttle cable pin where izzit ah? i might want to diy myself.. hehehe...

who gets summoned for not signalling? i did..

dumb luck? maybe...

nak nene mandi air bunga...

do u guys hav a very awkward vibration, jerking after 120? they say its normal but to the looks of it, kinda dangerous. like playing horse like that.

btw mamam, how much YSC charged you for that?

MUSIC IS LIFE. LIVE A FUN ONE. LISTEN TO SKA