SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Woopa!! Cbr1000rr Riders

Tashi

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

http://www.honda-fireblades.co.uk/images/2004CBR_02.jpg

http://www.honda-fireblades.co.uk/images/2004CBR_01.jpg

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/10135/ah6406.jpg http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/10135/ah6402.jpg

*~it's not WHAT u ride, it's HOW u ride~*

Make me really tempted to buy one.... :eek:

Honda NSR 150 SP - FT4977D (June 01 - March 03)

Honda CBR 400 RR- FL2119U (Dec 02 - Jan 04)

Honda CBR 929 RR - FS4382A (Feb 04 - Dec 04)

Susuki Hayabusa 1300- FX9524Z (April 05 - Oct 05)

Susuki Bandit400- FL3540D (Mar 03 - Dec 05)

Honda Super 4 Spec 3 - FZ9528C (Dec 05 - Jan 07)

Honda Walve125S - FW8025J (Aug 06 - June 07)

Yamaha Spark135 LE - FBB4..7C (March 07 - ???)

Assuming rumors are true, we will see 2 litre bikes from Honda: CBR1000/998RR (in-line 4) and RCV V5 (V5), which would be a better engine?

I've always thought V engines are smoother, for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction, because of the V configuration, it tends to cancel out the reaction, less engine vibration, yada yada.

But when I asked a mech, he was telling me in-line 4s are smoother. If you're using it on the road, go for in-line, but if you're going on track, go for V engines.

Anyone can do a more in-depth comparison? :?

basically v5 is 3 cylinders in front, 2 at the rear. if the v5 hits production, which is unlikely at the moment due to production costs, i think it will be the first in the market. anyway v4 engined bikes also rare except the vfr, rvf, pan euro bikes honda make, as well as the vmax by yam. also due to production costs that make these bikes tough to produce. a v5 will definitely 'drink' more petrol than a v4/ in line 4 of the equivalent cc. one very gd point about v4/v5, is that the engines are narrower across, which make corner leaning more preferable than an in line engine.

Current rides: Ducati 999 and X9 500 SL

does it drink like how SP2 drink?

if yes, turn off liao lah...

anyway i feel that 04 model of honda and R1 seems like a testing year for them.

everything is new and dun noe how their new model will fare unlike the 03 model all is fully revised version.

feel that 04 model wont fare too well in areas like engine durability and handling as they will sure to increase their hp n cant compromise handling...

anymore views n opinions on 04 models?

sp1/2 and generally vtwins (8valve) consume more fuel than in line 4. what makes the sp2 bad is because of its extra small fuel tank. but i heard this new cb6 has twice as many injectors and consumes quite abit. i guess this trend will follow the cbr998.

Current rides: Ducati 999 and X9 500 SL

just hope that Honda is going to build a RCV1000 with a 160bhp at the rear wheel. don care whether it is a V5 or V4 or an inline 4.

as long as the price is worth it, i will try to get one...

hahahaha....but me cannot afford...

hahahahaa.....

just talking only...

but really hope to c such a bike in Singapore...

bladehonda: I like VTR Sp2, but petrol intake too high. Cannot tahan... Then must find another one which dun eat up so much petrol, or else, b4 d bike dies, I die first... :eek:

Honda NSR 150 SP - FT4977D (June 01 - March 03)

Honda CBR 400 RR- FL2119U (Dec 02 - Jan 04)

Honda CBR 929 RR - FS4382A (Feb 04 - Dec 04)

Susuki Hayabusa 1300- FX9524Z (April 05 - Oct 05)

Susuki Bandit400- FL3540D (Mar 03 - Dec 05)

Honda Super 4 Spec 3 - FZ9528C (Dec 05 - Jan 07)

Honda Walve125S - FW8025J (Aug 06 - June 07)

Yamaha Spark135 LE - FBB4..7C (March 07 - ???)

anyway i feel that 04 model of honda and R1 seems like a testing year for them.

everything is new and dun noe how their new model will fare unlike the 03 model all is fully revised version.

feel that 04 model wont fare too well in areas like engine durability and handling as they will sure to increase their hp n cant compromise handling...

anymore views n opinions on 04 models?

On the contrary, for Honda, the 04 litre bike will be based on the MotoGP RC211V. It is already race track proven. Plus GP bikes have more power than road going bikes, I'm sure the handling department is well taken care of. The 600RR is a testament.

They've been building engine for ages, I'm sure they can come up with something pretty decent.

Something they can improve on is the gauges. Has anyone seen the meter panel on the 04 FZ6 Fazer? This kinda attention to detail really makes the bike special.

See below.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/081203side4.jpg

the meter is a gem.

hope the 04R1 can have it too or a maybe a even cyber 1!~

as for the V5 thing,

V4 is good in pickup but if V5 will it be pickup faster than SP2 or higher mid range power? or higher top end?

but seriously i dun think it will be out in 04.

i just wonder, will they be able to reduce the heat of the undertail exhuast anot. i really cannot stand the fact that it will be undertail trend for many years to come.

and guys if ur bike never use engine break, thats mean u always clutch in and brake, will it prevent ur bike from getting noiseier as time goes?

i m testing on it now leh.

so that next time if really buy a class 2, can make sure it can last me a long time like new bike without increasing the noise level.

but got 1 friend said it will damage gear box.

any comments on this issue?