SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Woopa!! Cbr1000rr Riders

Tashi

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, respect to the previous owner! When I was staying at the city center, I only managed 18x km before the reserve light comes on.

When was the last time a valve clearance was done? Looks like you'l have to send it in for a full service.

I noticed your wheels are not orange, the Repsol design must be repainted? There's no Repsol offered for 06 models.

Am considering doing a top servicing at unique, but the $900> price tag makes me undecisive.. not sure if its neccessary or I can just do with a valve clearance servicing package.. so far no problem with the bike, but havent done any servicing since its out from the bike shop..(less than 1k on the road) any advice which should I go for?

taken from unique web;

$350 Valve Clearance Package:

- Replacement of cam cover o-ring

- Balancing/ Replacement of shims

- Replacement of standard coolant

- Lubricate/ adjust drive chain

- Check spark plugs

- Check both front and rear brakes

- Check tire pressure

- Check electrical lightings

- Check clutch

- Workmanship

$950 Top Service Package:

- Replacement of timing chain

- Replacement of tensioner

- Replacement of tensioner chain guide

- Replacement of head gasket

- Replacement of standard coolant

- Replacement of engine oil with fully synthetic engine oil

- Replacement of spark plugs with NGK iridium spark plugs

- Servicing/ Balancing of Carburetors/ Injectors

- Replacement of valve seals

- Balancing/ Replacement of shims

- Service of inlet valves

- Service of exhaust valves

- Lubricate/ adjust drive chain

- Check both front and rear brakes

- Check tire pressure

- Check electrical lightings

- Check clutch

- Workmanship

The repsol is the reason why i got the CBR, but too bad the 06 doesnt come with it. Can’t find myself a 07, so took the plunge and got myself this high mileage 06 and redid the paintwork to match a stock 07.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/80JS83/Untitled-1_zpsd8ba53e7.jpg

Thanks. I decided to get the PackJack as I see it's wider thus more contact with the ground.

From what I know the packjack doesnt come with a interchangable support for spools / swingarm support, and I’m not sure if the height is adjustable or not.

The CMO ‘brandless’ one I got does has a switchable support, adjustable height and a free moving base to ensure a flat contact with the ground at all times. Best is it costs ½ the price..

Only con I find is like u mentioned its not as wide as the packjack, so I guess it needs more elbow grease to lift up the bike. Let me know if you want to have some pics posted up. BTW I’m not related to the seller in any ways!

From what I know the packjack doesnt come with a interchangable support for spools / swingarm support, and I’m not sure if the height is adjustable or not.

Yes Greg from PAckJack has double checked with me to make sure I got the right one which is the spool type. The thought of using it on the axle bolt feels cringe-gy to me out of the fear of hurting my bike.

Hello guys !!!

New CBR 1000rr Rider here. Got myself 2010 model. :)) Pretty much love the bike. Just need to get used to it. !!

1 - Anw how much can the reserve go ?

2 - And what else do you guys service besides the normal servicing e.g.: engine oil plug filter. ?

3 - My rear hugger break while riding. heard its normal for this bike. Any aftermarket hugger which can last longer. As in stronger than the stock one.

4 - What are the recommend exterior modification to play with ?

5 - Any dos and don'ts ?

6 - And for Valve clearance, how much shop normally charge ?

Thanks guys

Am considering doing a top servicing at unique, but the $900> price tag makes me undecisive.. not sure if its neccessary or I can just do with a valve clearance servicing package.. so far no problem with the bike, but havent done any servicing since its out from the bike shop..(less than 1k on the road) any advice which should I go for?

I'd go for the top package at this point. No point saving that $600. Your mileage may improve, and you'll save more in the long run, unless you plan to scrap it. ;)

Hello guys !!!

New CBR 1000rr Rider here. Got myself 2010 model. :)) Pretty much love the bike. Just need to get used to it. !!

1 - Anw how much can the reserve go ?

2 - And what else do you guys service besides the normal servicing e.g.: engine oil plug filter. ?

3 - My rear hugger break while riding. heard its normal for this bike. Any aftermarket hugger which can last longer. As in stronger than the stock one.

4 - What are the recommend exterior modification to play with ?

5 - Any dos and don'ts ?

6 - And for Valve clearance, how much shop normally charge ?

Thanks guys

Answered your questions previously. :)

Welcome to the family. What model are you riding? Post some pix!

1. Oil filters. Spark plugs don't have to change so frequently. Other than that, really nothing much.

2. 500, 1,000, 2,500, 5,000, 10,000, 15,000, 20,000 ...

3. The staples on the under side of the seat might scratch your paint job, make sure you put some clear film to protect it.

4. Exhaust is a start.

Thanks bro!!!

- Servcing throttle body ? is it essential ? Servicing the fuel injector ?

- for 500km, what do you service?

- I have arrow slip on anw.

:)))) i need more recommendation and tips :)) hahaha

Tyre pressure ? Using supercorsa anw. Mine 35 front. 38 rear

I'd go for the top package at this point. No point saving that $600. Your mileage may improve, and you'll save more in the long run, unless you plan to scrap it. ;)

Yup, think I’m more at ease with that choice, since I have no idea at all with the bike’s long history.

The Top servicing does look comprehensive, of course in the end of the day the price will sure be above the mentioned price as well. Besides the items listed in the top servicing package, are there other critical areas which I should have them checked as well? Eg. Areas on the clutch/gears etc?

Heard from a buddie in the R1 forum mentioning about having their exhaust system decarbonized which costs $1000>.. not sure if he’s serious but I thought its only required for only 2 strokes bikes. Can enlighten on this issue?

Thanks bro!!!

Got this from my owner's manual, but its for 06. More or less the same..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/80JS83/Untitled-1-8.jpg

Front PSI 36 Rear 42 according to manual.

Got this from my owner's manual, but its for 06. More or less the same..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/80JS83/Untitled-1-8.jpg

Front PSI 36 Rear 42 according to manual.

Thanks bro !!! :))) kinda useful. somehow i think the same ah our user manual

hey guyz... no outing for the bladerz??

You'll have to organise. :)

Thanks bro!!!

I have never kept my bike that long to service the throttle body honestly. But if a bike has done 100,000 km, and you're already taking so many things apart, might as well.

500km, just change EO and filter, make sure you use mineral oil, not synthetic. I'm sure it's been discussed in this thread before, you'll have to look it up.

Tire pressure really depends on what you are comfortable with. I usually go with 230 front and 270 back.

Yup, think I’m more at ease with that choice, since I have no idea at all with the bike’s long history.

The Top servicing does look comprehensive, of course in the end of the day the price will sure be above the mentioned price as well. Besides the items listed in the top servicing package, are there other critical areas which I should have them checked as well? Eg. Areas on the clutch/gears etc?

Heard from a buddie in the R1 forum mentioning about having their exhaust system decarbonized which costs $1000>.. not sure if he’s serious but I thought its only required for only 2 strokes bikes. Can enlighten on this issue?

Actually there're too many things to list if you want to check. I don't claim to know it all, sorry.

If the bike is running rich all along, carbon deposits will form quickly. You can still decarbonize a 4 stroke. There are easier ways to do that as well, by spraying a liquid mixture into the air box while the engine is running, you'll have to remove the air box. This one might not cost $1000. But then I haven't done this before. You can ask about this. Maybe the mechanic might know.

Edited by Tashi

anybody here riding the 2012 model? as i am really interested in getting one... and cant decide if i should buy new or wait and find a 2nd hand 2009-2011(preferably below $25k)

i been reading some many good reviews about the CBR that i so tempted to try one...the constant review appearing are: (sorry i am bike on reviews)

2012 Model: quote by "motorcycle.com"

When designing the 2012 CBR1KRR, Hirofumi Fukunaga, the Large Project Leader for the CBR900/1000 line for many years, had a simple goal in mind: to create “a supersport bike for everybody.” It had to appeal to seasoned riders as well as those new to liter-class power. In fact, since the first CBR900RR was introduced in 1992, 445,280 CBR900/1000s have been produced with that very goal in mind.

This latest iteration without question hits the mark. While not ground breaking or Earth shattering as far as new model updates go, the combined package of revised fueling and upgraded suspension enhance what was already a great all-around literbike.

2008 Model (back issues - used bike guide): quote by "Fastbikes"

"Blade was the best litre sportsbike on the planet - the last of true great bike free of wizardry" the best money could buy for a 4 years and half the price - we should all have one.

i just sold my 2006 R1 with a 11K mileage and so tempted to get a new bike...

i hope i could get some advice from you guys.

Anyone did throttle body servicing before ? How much ?

Mine is 2nd hand bike. 40,000km mileage.

Any recommendation on what to service at this mileage ?

Follow the manual above.

Hi there. This probably has been asked before somewhere. But the search result just show the main threads.

For the first time I rode in the rain in these stock BT 15. For me I think it doesn't inspired confidence in the wet. But in the dry the rear gaves good feedback.

Pls let your review flow for those that have used BT 15 on their Blade.

Edited by runjoerun

I've noticed my fan starts working after it hits 102 degrees. I believe it's normal but the problem is only the right side fan is working. The left side isn't working. I tried google it says the left side only work after it reaches a higher temperature. Is it true ? Or is my left fan spoil ? Im riding CBR1000RR 2010