SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Woopa!! Cbr1000rr Riders

Tashi

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Need help fellow bladers. Am new w an 08, but i noticed that its giving out a ratlling sound from the engine. Engine and bike performance is still immaculate tho. Just that it making a sound that really like a duc. Any reliable mech, that isvreputable and hassle free. I dont need a mech who doesnt know what it is, and break the engine for nothing. Really in need of help here bros.

TZR 125/MBX 150/Phantom 200

CB400 Ver S/CBR 150/CBR1000RR 08

FZ1000S 07

You're the guy that'll be sneaking out of your bedroom at three o'clock in the morning to look at your bike. ~Paul Teutul, Sr., American Chopper, "Billy Joel"

what's ur mileage?? i'm not so sure but u might wanna check ur cam tensioner or valve clearance.

1 Oct 04 - 8 Dec 05 ____Phantom 200 FV 6644R -- LAURA

8 Dec 05 - 24 Jan 09 _______ Super 4 Vtec 1 FR 4602X--LANA

------- - --- _______________________________-- LENALEE

what's ur mileage?? i'm not so sure but u might wanna check ur cam tensioner or valve clearance.

Well, when I took out the bike, it was 3800km, yes bro its not even 5k as yet. Had a change of EO and coolant as well and had my first bike trip to Cherating via trunk road and came back safely. The sound thats emitting was the same since I took it out from the shop. But since a mech did mentioned to me that the sound was strange for a yr old bike, I got a lil bit worried. Whats a cam tensioner and valve clearance? Still noob here..

But the mech did say, that it could be from the clutch and if there's nothing wrong there, then they would break the engine. The engine has never been broken into before, thus the hesitant to.

So is there any mech that anyone could kindly recommend? :cheers:

FZ1000S 07

You're the guy that'll be sneaking out of your bedroom at three o'clock in the morning to look at your bike. ~Paul Teutul, Sr., American Chopper, "Billy Joel"

if it's 3800km, it's not the cam tensioner or valve clearance. go n check other reputable shop for different opinion. try bikeworkz

1 Oct 04 - 8 Dec 05 ____Phantom 200 FV 6644R -- LAURA

8 Dec 05 - 24 Jan 09 _______ Super 4 Vtec 1 FR 4602X--LANA

------- - --- _______________________________-- LENALEE

Hi guys! Just got my 08 cbr1000 today. I was wondering what is the normal idling rpm? Mine is between 1-1.2k. In addition, it feels heavy when moving off. Any advice?

the manual stated Idle speed: 1,200 ± 100 rpm..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/80JS83/Untitled-1_zpsd8ba53e7.jpg

Need help fellow bladers. Am new w an 08, but i noticed that its giving out a ratlling sound from the engine. Engine and bike performance is still immaculate tho. Just that it making a sound that really like a duc. Any reliable mech, that isvreputable and hassle free. I dont need a mech who doesnt know what it is, and break the engine for nothing. Really in need of help here bros.

little advise. Is it when the moment that you clutch in? if yes then you try to call Boon Siew see whether your 08 clutch recall has been done. I believe the the slipper clutch causing the sound. My old 08 got this sound after they replace the slipper clutch then i sent back to Boon Siew to service again. They just need to adjust the clutch alighnment then will be fine. Hope is the same issue that you mention.

"éšä»”,è¦åŽ»å—Ž"("Handsome, want to go")?!!! wahahaha....

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z51/DenverDino/CRW_4732-1-1.jpg

for those who know Okada's bike.. its on sale at 18K at you know where ......

WTF... den i knew which bloody shop is selling liao. But i notice his FB was active again....?????

any recommendation for 06 cbr engine case sliders? only can find those china made on EBAY..

my adivse, please do not save the money on slider. If you get from China... touch wood something happen on the slider you cant look for anyone. I rather you get from those bike shop... anything still can find someone to F(&*. :)

Well, when I took out the bike, it was 3800km, yes bro its not even 5k as yet. Had a change of EO and coolant as well and had my first bike trip to Cherating via trunk road and came back safely. The sound thats emitting was the same since I took it out from the shop. But since a mech did mentioned to me that the sound was strange for a yr old bike, I got a lil bit worried. Whats a cam tensioner and valve clearance? Still noob here..

But the mech did say, that it could be from the clutch and if there's nothing wrong there, then they would break the engine. The engine has never been broken into before, thus the hesitant to.

So is there any mech that anyone could kindly recommend?

For 08CBR mileage which lesser than 4k... something fishy???? Try to straighten your bike and get your friend to see for you whether your steering corn/ Front wheel is it align with your body frame. Hopefully is align...

little advise. Is it when the moment that you clutch in? if yes then you try to call Boon Siew see whether your 08 clutch recall has been done. I believe the the slipper clutch causing the sound. My old 08 got this sound after they replace the slipper clutch then i sent back to Boon Siew to service again. They just need to adjust the clutch alighnment then will be fine. Hope is the same issue that you mention.

Hi Denver Dino,

First of all, thank you for taking ur time to reply. Okay, Its an 08 but registered on 10, thus the 1st rider only rode it for that much 3800km. When I first started the bike out from the shop, the sound was immmenently there. No, the enginse case was never broken into before as I can see that the original bolts and all were not disturb.

2ndly, if its a second hand bike, do we really have the luxury to go back to boon siew to ask in the first place? Clutch recall? Yes, I've read that somewhere in this forum regarding about that. So shud I just test market and try?

FZ1000S 07

My 06 front and rear led signals are blinking at quite a slow rate, read through some forums but all are talking about changing relay for blinkers that are too fast.. for my case which is the opposite, will changing relay help as well? If so how and where to get the right relay?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/80JS83/Untitled-1_zpsd8ba53e7.jpg