SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

cak

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear bro,

Im new to this forum and honda as well. I am driving all this while and now in process to get my 2a licence very soon. Im planning to buy honda shadow 400. I saw one of the shop at bukit merah sell the new honda shadow 400. I was quoted sgd 18000 otr price without any accessories and with current coe price.

Do you think this is reasonable market price now? Any other motorcycle shop in singapore carry the honda shadow? Can anyone of experts here give some recommendations?

I also plan to install the side nox and top box , prefer better quality type. Any recommendations?

Thanks and look forward to join the club soon.

Mike

Dear bro,

Im new to this forum and honda as well. I am driving all this while and now in process to get my 2a licence very soon. Im planning to buy honda shadow 400. I saw one of the shop at bukit merah sell the new honda shadow 400. I was quoted sgd 18000 otr price without any accessories and with current coe price.

Do you think this is reasonable market price now? Any other motorcycle shop in singapore carry the honda shadow? Can anyone of experts here give some recommendations?

I also plan to install the side nox and top box , prefer better quality type. Any recommendations?

Mike

The shop beside Southern Motor

I was qoute about 17K otr when coe was about 2k

so it should be reasonable

very few motorshop bring in shadow nowadays

the new shadow is shalf drive

very nice

but still din buy yet

heart very itchy

Dear bro,

Mike

Yo bro, my humble opinion, 400cc cruiser selling for 17-18k are truly overpriced. For that price tag, u can get a class 2 bike easily.

Will you be going for class 2? If u have intention to upgrade to class 2, my advise is don't buy brand new.

There are many good 2nd hand shadows in the market now which are so much cheaper (don't buy from shops cuz their price is sky high). If u worry about the condition of the bike, you can set aside $2k just to replace all the worn and torn parts, and perform major servicing for the bike. Trust me, it will run like new. If u wan it to look nice and shiny, u can send the main parts for chroming and respray (I recommend jb cuz a lot cheaper).

For everything, I believe u still spend lesser than $10k, and the bike already look like new.

Just my humble opinion bro.

I know a few bros selling their good conditioned shadow, let me know if u need help. Cheers.

-= Ride to Freedom, Freedom to Ride =-

Dear all bro, thanks for the reply and advice. I definitely aim for class 2 in future, but judging on the difficulty to pass the class 2a. I think it will take me a while for me to consider the class 2.

Dear bro cruiserian, do pm me if you have any friend that selling their honda shadow in good condition. Thanks guy.

Mike

Dear bro cruiserian, thanks for the pm and will contact your friend. Cheers

Yo bro, my humble opinion, 400cc cruiser selling for 17-18k are truly overpriced. For that price tag, u can get a class 2 bike easily.

Will you be going for class 2? If u have intention to upgrade to class 2, my advise is don't buy brand new.

There are many good 2nd hand shadows in the market now which are so much cheaper (don't buy from shops cuz their price is sky high). If u worry about the condition of the bike, you can set aside $2k just to replace all the worn and torn parts, and perform major servicing for the bike. Trust me, it will run like new. If u wan it to look nice and shiny, u can send the main parts for chroming and respray (I recommend jb cuz a lot cheaper).

For everything, I believe u still spend lesser than $10k, and the bike already look like new.

Just my humble opinion bro.

I know a few bros selling their good conditioned shadow, let me know if u need help. Cheers.

hi all,

I gotten my Shadow about 5 weeks back. It is a 8-year old bike. So far no major issue except 2 minor incidents, and this is why I write this post and hope to hear some opinions from you guys and learn from you guys. Btw, I am a noob.

When I first gotten the bike, I mistaken that something else as petrol gauge and the bike run out of fuel on the highway. When I turn on the reserve, it took quite awhile (>20 mins) before I can restart the engine. Now, i realise that there is no petrol gauge on the bike and we can only base on the mileage used per trip indicator to decide whether to pump petrol (was told should do so around 200km). Is that how you guys do too? Another question is on the reserve switch, was told that we can turn it on when the fuel is running out (when feel that the bike will be stalling soon) while the bike is still moving on the road, and the reserve will pump up straight away without waiting. I just want to be sure of the correct thing to do and what to expect. Coz stopping at the high way road side for > 20mins isn't very nice and was told that I maybe fined by the TP too.

The 2nd incident was due to battery flat/died on me on the highway too (initially I thought out of petrol again). Got to tow the bike to service shop to repair. Asked the mechanic to do a thorough check on the bike since I have not done so after taking over the bike. And the bill comes out to $250 with the following breakdown: tow fee ($30), new battery ($120), engine oil / oil filter / petrol filter ($30/$25/$28 but can't remember exactly which amount for which item - note: item and price may not be exactly right as all these are from memory about 1 to 2 weeks ago), and servicing fee, i.e., man power ($25). Total $258 (after discount $250). As I am very new to all these, I am not sure if the figures are alright. Hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

hi all,

I gotten my Shadow about 5 weeks back. It is a 8-year old bike. So far no major issue except 2 minor incidents, and this is why I write this post and hope to hear some opinions from you guys and learn from you guys. Btw, I am a noob.

When I first gotten the bike, I mistaken that something else as petrol gauge and the bike run out of fuel on the highway. When I turn on the reserve, it took quite awhile (>20 mins) before I can restart the engine. Now, i realise that there is no petrol gauge on the bike and we can only base on the mileage used per trip indicator to decide whether to pump petrol (was told should do so around 200km). Is that how you guys do too? Another question is on the reserve switch, was told that we can turn it on when the fuel is running out (when feel that the bike will be stalling soon) while the bike is still moving on the road, and the reserve will pump up straight away without waiting. I just want to be sure of the correct thing to do and what to expect. Coz stopping at the high way road side for > 20mins isn't very nice and was told that I maybe fined by the TP too.

The 2nd incident was due to battery flat/died on me on the highway too (initially I thought out of petrol again). Got to tow the bike to service shop to repair. Asked the mechanic to do a thorough check on the bike since I have not done so after taking over the bike. And the bill comes out to $250 with the following breakdown: tow fee ($30), new battery ($120), engine oil / oil filter / petrol filter ($30/$25/$28 but can't remember exactly which amount for which item - note: item and price may not be exactly right as all these are from memory about 1 to 2 weeks ago), and servicing fee, i.e., man power ($25). Total $258 (after discount $250). As I am very new to all these, I am not sure if the figures are alright. Hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Yo congrats on your new shadow. Do u have the photo of your shadow?

Regards to your question 1:

Shadow doesn't have fuel meter hence you can only determine by mileage used. It's recommended to reset your trip meter every times u refill petrol. So that it's easier to gauge your fuel level. For shadow 400, fuel consumption is around 18-24km per liter of petrol, depending on your bike condition. Capacity of tank is 12 liters main and 2 liters reserve. So taking average consumption of 20km/l, your main tank should last u around 240km before hitting reserve. Switching from main to reserve shouldn't take u more than 2 seconds. Usually when I feel bike choking, I switch it to reserve, within 1-2 seconds the bike will be smooth again. If problem persists, please send to your trusted mechanic to have it checked, I suspect your fuel petcock is already faulty. Fuel petcock costs around $45-$55, can be purchased from FJT, I believe they just replenished their stocks.

Regards to your 2nd question:

The amount you spent on battery, engine oil, oil filter, and fuel filter are still acceptable. Just make sure the shop done proper check on your bike, because batt flat can be more than just batt faulty. Make sure they also check that coil and rectifier is ok too.

Last but not least, feel free to join us on our weekly talk cock sing song session every Friday night. You can know more shadow riders and understand your bike more. Cheers.

Pardon me for typo error as this is sent by mobile.

hi cruiserian,

Thanks for your quick reply. Really appreciate that.

I am definitely keen to join the Friday tcss session (may not able to join every Friday though). I really hope to know more shadow riders and learn from you guys. How can I participate?

Thanks again for the answers and invite.

hi cruiserian,

I am definitely keen to join the Friday tcss session (may not able to join every Friday though). I really hope to know more shadow riders and learn from you guys. How can I participate?

hi cruiserian,

I've pm-ed you bro. Cheers.

just curious. managed to fix your problem? Looking for a honda shadow.

Yo bro. I've friends who are letting go their shadows. Let me know if you are interested. Cheers.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Just got a Honda Slasher a couple of months back. No real issues with the engine but noticed some leakage from the front fork seal. Brought it down to a shop in Autobay (based on good things I've read in the forums), and spend $400+ to fix the front fork seal (including removal of spacers to raise the front fork), valve clearance and oil change. A week later, experienced loss of power uphill to the point that the engine stalled. Brought it back and ended up changing the fuel pump ($160). On the way home, noticed that the idle is weak, which could not sustain when I got home. Tweaked the idle knob but couldn't get the bike started over the next few days. Eventually called the shop and had the bike towed. Just collected the bike over the weekend. Could start the bike now, but feels that the idling is unstable. Would be good to get some advise from experienced riders. Cheers.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Just got a Honda Slasher a couple of months back. No real issues with the engine but noticed some leakage from the front fork seal. Brought it down to a shop in Autobay (based on good things I've read in the forums), and spend $400+ to fix the front fork seal (including removal of spacers to raise the front fork), valve clearance and oil change. A week later, experienced loss of power uphill to the point that the engine stalled. Brought it back and ended up changing the fuel pump ($160). On the way home, noticed that the idle is weak, which could not sustain when I got home. Tweaked the idle knob but couldn't get the bike started over the next few days. Eventually called the shop and had the bike towed. Just collected the bike over the weekend. Could start the bike now, but feels that the idling is unstable. Would be good to get some advise from experienced riders. Cheers.

Bro, inconsistent idling can be due to many possible factors, like vacuum leak, choked air filter, dirty carburetor, fouled plug, faulty plug wire and many more. Maybe you can also elaborate further on how inconsistent the idling is? Do note that it's normal to have different idling speed when engine is cold and hot. Cheers.

Hi,

Check your oil dipstick for overfill.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

On top of Hydher and roger replies, u can also check those things that doesn't require to spend any money like fouled plugs and dirty air filter. Make sure the plug wires are fully pushed in. Sometimes it's the most simplest thing that cause unsolvable issue. Cheers.