SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

cak

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second Hand 2009 bike..1 owner. $18,500/= paid OTR- $19,625/=, was deciding between STX1300 and this...still a cruiser at heart. also Jack help me to decide this is the one. So when is the next trip. this has got no saddle bags though...will need to install them of these days.

do u use it for ur daily ride too?

this is a very very powerful bike

not easy to handle for daily ride

a head turner bike

"A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!"

— Thomas Jefferson

:eek: :eek:

Hello Shadow bros, any idea where I can got some good quality crash bars? Also I have seen some pretty sexy radiator covers, do you guys get from ebay or is there a local shop that I can shop for wares like these?

I ride a honda shadow ace 400DSC_0277.jpg

Cheers

Shing

Im organizing a trip to Kota tinggi this Sunday morning.

11 riders at the moment. 9 Cruiser riders.

If you are keen, let me know.

Thank you

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Nice bike! Happy for u. Most of us in our group really tempted to get your vtx. Haha

Pardon me for typo error as this is sent by mobile.

I thought I was the only person who was rooting to get it. Looks like the competition is quite fierce :sweat:

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all the laujiao shadow riders! Recently upgraded from a TA200 to a FP plate shadow 400 haha. Always dreamt of owning either this or a steed and I had the luck to find shadow ace '97 after searching for months since getting my 2A in dec '13. Been really happy with my bike so far although it keeps throwing problems at me. Just a short description, within 3 weeks I've had oil leaks, coolant leaks, jammed throttle.. Changed out the oil drain valve o ring, coolant hose, front bearings.. Lucky still got warranty from shop.

Anyw, been reading as much as I can of the 70 odd pages of information here, but can't really get a answer for the current problems I'm still facing. I'm a conservative rider usually, never whack to pass 100km/h usually, mostly cruising around 90. But since this is a new "old" bike for me, I tried taking it up through the gears while the warranty is still on now.. I seem to be getting a bad jerking feeling coupled with the unstable engine sound when i move into the higher RPM somewhere along 3/4 throttle.

Previously when I rode my phantom, I felt a similar experience when throttling and in the end it was the clutch plate which was slipping. This time round it feels the same too, loss of power and increase of engine sound. It would probably also explain my 15km/L mileage.

Can any experienced riders please advise and shed some light for me please! Will be bringing it down to the mechanic to ask as well but i still thought i should seek some advice first so won't blur blur go there let them tok. Hahaha. Warranty only labor free..

Thanks In advance! All advice greatly appreciated!

SK

Hi to all the laujiao shadow riders! Recently upgraded from a TA200 to a FP plate shadow 400 haha. Always dreamt of owning either this or a steed and I had the luck to find shadow ace '97 after searching for months since getting my 2A in dec '13. Been really happy with my bike so far although it keeps throwing problems at me. Just a short description, within 3 weeks I've had oil leaks, coolant leaks, jammed throttle.. Changed out the oil drain valve o ring, coolant hose, front bearings.. Lucky still got warranty from shop.

Anyw, been reading as much as I can of the 70 odd pages of information here, but can't really get a answer for the current problems I'm still facing. I'm a conservative rider usually, never whack to pass 100km/h usually, mostly cruising around 90. But since this is a new "old" bike for me, I tried taking it up through the gears while the warranty is still on now.. I seem to be getting a bad jerking feeling coupled with the unstable engine sound when i move into the higher RPM somewhere along 3/4 throttle.

Previously when I rode my phantom, I felt a similar experience when throttling and in the end it was the clutch plate which was slipping. This time round it feels the same too, loss of power and increase of engine sound. It would probably also explain my 15km/L mileage.

Can any experienced riders please advise and shed some light for me please! Will be bringing it down to the mechanic to ask as well but i still thought i should seek some advice first so won't blur blur go there let them tok. Hahaha. Warranty only labor free..

SK

Congrats on your new ride!

Sad to hear this as it seems like previous owner nvr take good care of the bike.

Jerking can be many problem. Eg carburetor, water in fuel tank, fuel pump, sparkplugs, electrical, etc. My advise is do the cheapest option first. Unless u have spare cash, then perform a full servicing on the bike by washing the carb, and valve clearance.

Since it's still under warranty, bring back to the shop and tell him your problem. Though I believe they will just act stupid. If u r lucky enough that they found the problem, at u won't be charged at full cost, usually they have to shoulder part of it. Do aware there is lemon law here which is at your advantage. :)

-= Ride to Freedom, Freedom to Ride =-

SK

Since jerking occurs only at high rpm, sounds very much like your clutch plate is slipping. either a dirty or worn-out plate, or a clutch cable or a pressure plate tension problem. you can do an EO change and observe the oil condition. Maybe drop by Rosli too. he's very experienced with shadows. he would be able to advise you accordingly.

to know if its carb choke problem, try a sudden twist of your throttle. if the engine sputters/dies, you know you've got a choked carb.

Edited by Jonborah

Of course I trust my skills. I ride alone cos I don't trust the competency of the driver next to me.

Congrats on your shadow.

This is the best bike ive owned and Im happy rebuilding it.

15km Sounds crap. Worst I know of is 18 and Im getting 23++.

I started out with 19km/L.

First thing Id do is change out to an imported reusable air filter. Check that my rear brakes and front brakes are not dragging and lastly tune my air fuel ratio.

About your jerking issue, Like bro cruserian said, it could be a wide range of problems.

At times, we drag until 140kph during touring.

Warrranty only labor free? What a pile of bs.. Sounds like dishonest mechanics to think your are still going to them for advice.

Refer to the lemon law on vehicles now. Know your rights.

Oil drain valve o-ring? Did your mechanic tell you that? There isnt such a thing.

I've reused my Drain washer for the past 10 oil changes. Never over tighten as the engine pan is soft.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

FOR SALE20140602_160118.jpg20140602_160129.jpg20140602_160208.jpgPhotoGrid_1373098.jpgPhotoGrid_1373098550109.jpg (Sorry for previous post earlier, was learning the "process"

COE till 30 Apr 2024

Reg 22 Dec 2004

(Attached pictures dont do justice to the excellent condition, do whatsapp me. Thanks)

Excellent and Best kept Honda Shadow right now in Market. Only $800 depreciation a year!

Whatsapp me for more pictures 9277 7288. Bomb proof no leaks/nonsense V-twin engine. Fuel 23 to 25km/l. Only 3 transfers.

Due to clearing of Class 2 and itch, my original plan of keeping the bike forever, has changed

Honda Original Floor Boards which are really sturdy.

Honda Original Heel Toe Shifters. HISS alarm system.

Low Mileage : 38,000km. On my scooter most of the time.

Givi Windscreen

Givi E21 saddle boxes/ New Givi 45L topbox

Givi Wing Rack 2

SengKwang Crash Bars : Anti Rust and Corrosion

Brand new indicators front and rear. Bridgestone Tires with less than 1000km on them. Receipts available.

Loud Legal Airhorns.

Net on Saddle for protection against scratchy cats

FOR SALE[ATTACH=CONFIG]306591[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]306592[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]306593[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]306594[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]306595[/ATTACH] (Sorry for previous post earlier, was learning the "process"

COE till 30 Apr 2024

Reg 22 Dec 2004

(Attached pictures dont do justice to the excellent condition, do whatsapp me. Thanks)

Excellent and Best kept Honda Shadow right now in Market. Only $800 depreciation a year!

Whatsapp me for more pictures 9277 7288. Bomb proof no leaks/nonsense V-twin engine. Fuel 23 to 25km/l. Only 3 transfers.

Due to clearing of Class 2 and itch, my original plan of keeping the bike forever, has changed

Honda Original Floor Boards which are really sturdy.

Honda Original Heel Toe Shifters. HISS alarm system.

Low Mileage : 38,000km. On my scooter most of the time.

Givi Windscreen

Givi E21 saddle boxes/ New Givi 45L topbox

Givi Wing Rack 2

SengKwang Crash Bars : Anti Rust and Corrosion

Brand new indicators front and rear. Bridgestone Tires with less than 1000km on them. Receipts available.

Loud Legal Airhorns.

Net on Saddle for protection against scratchy cats

Bro. The floor board is actually a semi-crashbar. If u drop your bike, it helps to support the bike up, and nvr scratch your exhaust. My true story. :)

You remind me of my ex-shadow 400 again.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402312778.674169.jpg

Checking for interest.

K&N air filter pre oiled at $80 or UNI FOAM air filter(not pre oiled) at $50. Thank you.

K&N Hydher! Btw have your found your phone? We missed u. Hahaha