SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

cak

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi cak,... sorri to barge in ur thread.....i'm also lookin for a dragstar or shadow once4 i get my lic tooo.......

so far not mant extrememly good deals......

gd luck man

I . L . T . N . N

To all the lao jiao shadow riders here...just wondering if the 650cc version u see on the web site is the same as those 400 cc ....

Was looking at some accessories but they are all for the 650cc or 1100cc....so wondering if it would fit a 400cc singaproe one....

thanks in advance

adriel

I . L . T . N . N

Originally posted by glennlee79@Mar 13 2006, 06:52 PM

Me not lao jiao, but to my understanding, there's a shadow 600 which looks more like a steed than shadow, and there's a shadow ace750 which look exactly the same as the shadow ace 400 and shadow aero 750, didn't know that there's a shadow 650. laojiao pls advice.

you're probabbly rite glenn.....I thought it was 650....or 1100....

anyway there seem like so many different version, just wondering if there were any website that gives a break down of it......doubt they will say this part will fit this and this......

seems only singapore have this 400 cc....everywhere else on the web is @ least 650, 750, 1100...u get the pix........

:cheeky: :cheeky:

I . L . T . N . N

Actually 400 cc version is for Japanese market. While 600 cc and 1100 cc are for US market.

Your best bet are parts originally intended for 400cc and 750 cc version, though its always a risk. What you can do is to go down to Boon Siew and consult their parts department. They've got very detialed catalogs for most Honda bikes and can give you some advice in terms of inter-compatibility. After all you are not obliged to buy in the end.

:goodluck:

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by adriel@Mar 31 2006, 01:01 PM

Hey nights.... in ur opinion......which bike have more accessories and ease of getting parts....????

Shadow or Dragstar??

adriel

It depends whether you are looking at local or the US market. To roughly know, you can go http://www.ebay.com and do a search for both Shadow and Dragstar. I think they are about the same as they both have a stong following in the US.

I don't know about Dragstar but you can also go to http://www.hondashadow.net for more info.

Originally posted by adriel@Mar 31 2006, 01:01 PM

Hey nights.... in ur opinion......which bike have more accessories and ease of getting parts....????

Shadow or Dragstar??

adriel

For Yamaha Dragstar, accessories and parts can be order from Hong Leong who is the local agent.

For Honda Shadow, accessories and parts can be order from Boon Siew who is the local agent as well.

However, as the local agents do not have readily stock on the accessories and some parts, it is necessary to order and shipping do takes quite a while.

For 3rd parties authenticate accessories, items for example as Givi backrest/sissy bar and Kurayakyn handle grip/foot peg would be easier to purchase locally.

For parts, Shadow may have an upper hand due to the long-standing brand and popularity as compare to Dragstar, which was introduced slightly later in the market. To add-on, some parts for Steed are compatible with Shadow which makes finding parts an easier job locally or Malaysia.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

• 2 months later...

Just did a search and found this old thread, so was thinking maybe can use this thread as a experience & tips sharing place for all the Shadow riders. I just upgraded to shadow ace 400 and will be getting it soon, so would love to hear comments and maintenance tips from the experience shadow riders in the forum. Please do share freely.........cheers!

:smile: :thumb:

PK & Friends

STOC: 7063

Hi there,

Welcome to the cruiser forum. Am a ex-Shadow owner here. I believe any of your queries in your mind would have already been posted in other separate threads. Try to back track abit on the pages and you should be able find them, but if you have any queries, felt free to make a posting.

Cheer and enjoy your new ride!

Hey nights, thanks for your replies, but when i do a search on shadow......the threads that come out are few and far.........thus i found this thread on the search too, thats why i try to make it come alive again....:smile:

So anyway since you are an ex-shadow rider, maybe you can give some hints and tips on what we new riders should look out for, any particular things is more likely to give problem etc? Any feedback is welcome.....thanks again man. :cheeky:

PK & Friends

the 10yr+ shadows are more like the old steed( not springer)

but shorter (than steed)..length wise

the orange dragstar 400 actually came b4 the shadow 400s that we have here

then yamaha came out with the 'star' series including a 400 that wasnt orange, if i rem, they came stock in 1)blues and 2)grays

then came the shadow slasher400

which wasnt too pop , because of the pipes i think

the smaller hondas are chain

while all the yamahas are shaft

there are shadow 750s that are shaft(18K new)

just saw one(new) at loois last week

i used to have a fr shadow

its too heavy for the engine

but its a nice ride for long cruises to mlaysia

as its fat and stable

had it for about 3 yrs b4 i got a r1200c

the only big prob i had with my shadow was in the electronics,

alternator koyak

but i still prefer the magna 750 which i had for about 2yrs

till its octupus got fried

am looking to get one again

but so far all too exp

thers one at loois with 1500km on its speedo going for 12.5k

its just nice for our roads

Originally posted by zero_degrees@Jun 2 2006, 03:32 PM

Hey nights, thanks for your replies, but when i do a search on shadow......the threads that come out are few and far.........thus i found this thread on the search too, thats why i try to make it come alive again....:smile:

So anyway since you are an ex-shadow rider, maybe you can give some hints and tips on what we new riders should look out for, any particular things is more likely to give problem etc? Any feedback is welcome.....thanks again man. :cheeky:

Never once I had a problem with my Shadow. Just the usual stuffs like enigne oil change, oil filter change every two intervals and sparkplugs change after 10,000KM. Last but not least, chain lubrication once every two weeks.

Hey nights, thanks for the input, yesterday i went to chiap lee and check the price for a mounting bracket for the backbox, wow they quote me 180.00 just for the bracket without the box, i think its very expensive....you have any tips to give me on fixing a backbox in a cheaper way? It seems that the givi rack is too expensive.........:giddy:

What about sidebox, any idea if they are also as expensive? Thanks! :smile:

PK & Friends

enigine oil,air filter,oil filter,sparks, battery every year-change b4 it dies on u--- push start is damn siong, oil chain after rain/wash or look dry, brake pads, tires,chain,

just normal wear and tear

wash carb and servicing

being a four stroke, the engine wont give u too much prob

new racks are exp

i used to have saddle bags and change every 1 -1.5 yr

as it gets very koyak after the "soak and sun" weather that we have

back racks are ugly on shadows/cruisers

if u using cheap helmut, can always lock at side

or on mirror/handle using number lock

if u using ex helmut, better to sling it with u

Originally posted by zero_degrees@Jun 5 2006, 12:38 AM

Any more shadow riders out there? come on people come share some views or just simply talk some rubbish........:cheeky:

what about a funnny incident

i once rode my shadow to cherating

parking it in front of my 'bungalow'

i saw it slid into the ground as the sand under it gave way

its a nice curvy ride on the east

and the roads are much wider now

but do heed the speed signs (to slow down)

as those are the accident prone curves