cak

• Replies 3.9k

Originally posted by zero_degrees@Jun 5 2006, 10:12 AM

Oh yes one thing, meaning to ask people who tour on their Shadow, what happen if tyre punctured? Mati liao? Must tow all the way to bikeshop? hmmm :giddy:

a shadow rida now i see. congrats and have a wild ride.

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Originally posted by zero_degrees@Jun 5 2006, 10:12 AM

Oh yes one thing, meaning to ask people who tour on their Shadow, what happen if tyre punctured? Mati liao? Must tow all the way to bikeshop? hmmm :giddy:

Thats right. Unless you have a jack and knew how to repair or change the inner tube, a tow service to the bike shop is inevitable.

Happened to me once while I was in Penang. :sweat:

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Originally posted by zero_degrees@Jun 5 2006, 12:38 AM

Any more shadow riders out there? come on people come share some views or just simply talk some rubbish........:cheeky:

Hi bro, glad you got your shadow. I rode a FQ number Shadow for 2 years, for almost every days. And had never got engine problem, its a very liable and nice honda engine.

Only incident that my clutch wire was cut-off on during my ride and another one when my battery was died.

Do consider the look of your Shadow when choosing your side-bag. If I were you I wont install top-box. ...Just my personal preference for its look.

Good luck for your accessories hunting. :smile:

VT250Z / Steed 400 / Dragstar 400 /Shadow 400 / VMax 1200

1992 -----1996--------1999-----------2003-----------2006 ..|

//ameblo.jp/grassmere

Originally posted by gladseow@Jun 6 2006, 12:33 PM

:cheeky: I am wondering, the bike is so heavy.

Any lady riders riding Shadow? Or is it a man's bike?

There was this thread from 2 years ago.

Gal on Shadow thread

For someone here, if she passes her Class 2 in 3 weeks time, she'll ride a Shadow 750.

So it's not necessary a male's bike. As I mentioned on our last chat, it's a matter of technique. Pure brawn is not needed. Just follow my way of handling those big cruisers. You'll really don't need muscles to move it.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Zero, y not consider E360 or E41 as yr sideboxes?

I'll b using wingrack + V46 + my current 2 bombs(E41s :sweat: ) on my dad's(Im overtakin it) Steed.

Bigger compartment than E21, neway, u dun hav to worry abt yr width handling oso as yrs shld b wide handle bar rite? :? :p

Cos E33 is on monolock, though better lock system, but not veri recommended as sidebox.

For pics, checkout @ our PK thread regarding sideboxes. :smile:

Zero, yr ACE is 1st hand or 2nd hand? Pardon me... :sweat:

Cos there's 1 version, Silver or Matt Silver in color attracted me... :lovestruck:

Veri detailed(IMO) as it blends with the black body structure, lil' chrome & look veri cool~! =þ....

Hey Kev, i would love to have a first hand ace too, but the one i'm getting is an old one, FQ plate de.........hehe no $$$ to get new one even thought i also tink the new ones looks :thumb: hehe. I think i will be sending my ACE to re-spray single color when i'm more familiar with the handling, else drop heart pain.......:cheeky:

PK & Friends

STOC: 7063

Originally posted by gohjohan@Jun 6 2006, 12:54 PM

There was this thread from 2 years ago.

Gal on Shadow thread

For someone here, if she passes her Class 2 in 3 weeks time, she'll ride a Shadow 750.

So it's not necessary a male's bike. As I mentioned on our last chat, it's a matter of technique. Pure brawn is not needed. Just follow my way of handling those big cruisers. You'll really don't need muscles to move it.

Keke :cheeky: Thks for the info. Hmm. Gives me the itch to try out.:cheeky:

Originally posted by zero_degrees@Jun 7 2006, 09:58 AM

Hey Kev, i would love to have a first hand ace too, but the one i'm getting is an old one, FQ plate de.........hehe no $$$ to get new one even thought i also tink the new ones looks :thumb: hehe. I think i will be sending my ACE to re-spray single color when i'm more familiar with the handling, else drop heart pain.......:cheeky:

Me gotta diagnose è bike b4 resprayin.

Not sure abt è headlight. FYI, i'll b addin on 2 hella spotlights! :D (covered up in S'pore of cos.)

Oready got a pic of è whole modded bike in mind liao... :D

Originally posted by dreamwalk+Jun 8 2006, 02:30 PM-->
QUOTE (dreamwalk @ Jun 8 2006, 02:30 PM)
Yo Bro Kev 1143,

You keen on adding hella spotlight onto your shadow?

I got a pair of used hella comet 500 for sale (good condition) for just $50 nett.

Any interest ?

Cheers and blue skies.. [/b]

Hur hur, thnx but no thnx, interested in another model instead, Comet FF 200 or Rallye 3000.

Comet 500 is abit big for a lil' kruzer...

& not in the hurry to get a pair too.

Nonethless, thnx for yr offer again. :smile: