SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Enquiry

Don Juan

If you want the 'horse galloping' sound, you got to get a bike before the year 2000.. Evos make that noise, Twin Cams don't.. :) Or maybe, Evos make better noise..

Shiraz, it would be even better to get a Roadking right? :p

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Anybody here or anyone had experience riding an old Harley ('94 model). I'm talking about the engine and the electronic components. Would these parts of the Harley still be durable after the years.... would i face frequent breakdowns?

And is 14.5k a good price for a 94' Dyna Wide Glide? Thanks and regards.

Features:

- Dyna Wide Glide (FXDWG) with custom tank.

- HD Luxury Rich Red paint set.

- Evolution 80" (1340cc), carbureted.

- Year 1994 model.

- Chrome drag bar with 2" stainless steel risers.

- Chrome Tristar halogen headlamp.

- Bullet turn signals.

- Kuryakyn ISO grips, brake pedal, rider and passenger footpegs.

- Performance cams with Mikuni 42mm Carburetor and Kuryakyn Hypercharger.

- Chrome front laced wheel and chrome slotted rear wheel.

- Front 4-port Performance Machine brake caliper.

- Arlen Ness master brake cylinder and clutch set with custom levers.

- Custom Chrome cateye taillight.

- Braided clutch, front and rear brake cables.

- Chrome front and rear axle nut covers.

Harley Davidson is not just a bike, it's a lifestyle......

Guest fengdrew

94 yr Dyna 14.5k??

a bit on high side..

however,i always think buying HD isnt buying other makes of bike.

Cse old HD value will stablised or maintained. So long u like it, no harm spending couple of K more.

Engine wise, HD r built to last(in a way). But of cse wear and tear will be v common n easier if u ride it everyday, esp in sin weather.

Like ur signature... HD isnt a bike but a lifestyle... then use ur heart more ba...

Hi Fengdrew,

Thanks for the advice. Also felt it's abit on the high side. But what attracted me was that it was running on the old Evo Engine and had accesories like the 1. Performance cams with Mikuni 42mm Carburetor and Kuryakyn Hypercharger.

2. Front 4-port Performance Machine brake caliper.

3. Chrome Tristar halogen headlamp.

4. Arlen Ness master brake cylinder and clutch set with custom levers.

5. Braided clutch, front and rear brake cables.

Other than that, the rest is not so important to me.:thumb:

Guest fengdrew
Hi Fengdrew,

Thanks for the advice. Also felt it's abit on the high side. But what attracted me was that it was running on the old Evo Engine and had accesories like the 1. Performance cams with Mikuni 42mm Carburetor and Kuryakyn Hypercharger.

I think onli s/n 1 & 2 are rather expensive.. rest r juz normal stuff.

Anyway i dun think Arlen Ness accessories are dependable... juz a branded goods onli... finishing not tat fantastic.

Too true. My ride with the TC88B and EFI - no "horse galloping", not even any "potato potato" because idle speed too high and not easily adjustable with the EFI. Still a heck of a lot of fun to ride though :) :) .

Yup.. the Twin Cam is a much more refined engine Don Juan. Less vibrations and more powerful (bigger cc.. 1450cc compared to 1340evo.. new twin cams are 1584cc!)

If lets say you have 2 stock bikes, 1 Evo, the other Twin Cam and you're cruising at 160km/h (160km/h on a Harley is actually considered speeding!), a Twin Cam would get you up to 180 or even 190km/h easily but the Evo would struggle.. a little bit. It MIGHT get there, but not that quickly.

Still, I prefer the Evo motor over the Twin Cam.. :p

It's your damn bike, wash it yourself! You rinse your own mouth after you eat, don't you?

Shiraz, it would be even better to get a Roadking right? :p

Absolutely right! :p

It's your damn bike, wash it yourself! You rinse your own mouth after you eat, don't you?

2 hands 2 legs agree w u!!!

Love Evo sound...

but too bad for me... me on TC instd...

hai~

hee~

Eh bro.. saw your post on the other forum.. selling? WHY? getting an Evo eh.. :)

Yup.. the Twin Cam is a much more refined engine Don Juan. Less vibrations and more powerful (bigger cc.. 1450cc compared to 1340evo.. new twin cams are 1584cc!)

If lets say you have 2 stock bikes, 1 Evo, the other Twin Cam and you're cruising at 160km/h (160km/h on a Harley is actually considered speeding!), a Twin Cam would get you up to 180 or even 190km/h easily but the Evo would struggle.. a little bit. It MIGHT get there, but not that quickly.

Still, I prefer the Evo motor over the Twin Cam.. :p

Hi Shiraz,

Noted that you said that new twin cams are 1584cc. Can i know which year models onwards are TC96? Are the TC96 the lastest models? And what is the difference between the TC88 and TC88B in regards to vibration / performance? Thanks :pity:

Guest fengdrew
Eh bro.. saw your post on the other forum.. selling? WHY? getting an Evo eh.. :)

ya selling...

thinking of gettin vrod or street glide...

heee...

but if cant get a reasonable price, i wld prob kip...

Hi Fengdrew,

Wow for someone that hasn't yet got their 2B license yet, you seem to know a lot about Harleys.

And some advice based on your questions:

- forget the wideglide. It's a great bike but not easy to steer - very light in the front, quite high (front wheel is 21" plus has forward controls as standard...you may not be able to ride it)

- also whether you like Softails or not, I strongly suggest you start with a Sportster and then get a larger framed model when you gain confidence

- I wouldn't be buying an old Evo (early 90's) here unless you were pretty handy with a tool roll.

- The last couple of years 2006+ harleys have really changed. 6 speed gearbox, better brakes, 96 cubic inch motor etc. If the factory keeps this up, us ol' timers will have to start buying Evos so it feels like we are riding a Harley!

- Harleys have to meet strong pollution and noise control standards (California). When they come from the factory/shop they have very restrictive exhausts which reduce performance and kill the wonderful Harley noise. interesting you say Horse noise. most people refer to it as potato potato.

So the first thing most riders do is to change the exhaust and aircleaner to hear the bike and help it run better.

Good riding!

---------------------------------------------

Ride until you see God, and then hit the brakes!

----------------------------------------------

Hi Sticky,

Yes, because of my height (1.64m / 56Kg) i may not be able to reach the forward controls of the FXDWG which is unique to this particular model. Should be able to test ride one (If i clear my TP on the 8 Jul :faint: ). Ha ha.

I do not like the sportster range as i feel that the bike is not "long" enough. There was once i parked my steed400 next to an 883 and it looked smaller than my ride (but i have no doubt about the sporty's power, which would smoke my steed with its first 2 gears due to its stronger torque (67.00 Nm (6.8 kgf-m or 49.4 ft.lbs) @ 4400 RPM))

One bike which i'm seriously considering is the Dyna Low Rider. Small frame, big engine. Another make which i admire is the softail custom but would have to test ride one first to see if i can handle the bike instead of the bike handling me. Breathless with anticipation to join the Harley Club, seperating the Boys from the Men........ Cheers. :pity:

One bike which i'm seriously considering is the Dyna Low Rider. Small frame, big engine. Another make which i admire is the softail custom but would have to test ride one first to see if i can handle the bike instead of the bike handling me. Breathless with anticipation to join the Harley Club, seperating the Boys from the Men........ Cheers. :pity:

LOL - Sorry just can't help chuckling out loud out even though I'm a Harley rider myself. There is no magical transformation into manhood that happens when you buy a Harley. I've checked and my balls are the same size as when I owned a Honda - and I've had 2 Harleys since then. - Just having a friendly Joke although there are still a few good "Men" around riding Jap and Euro bikes.

Cheers

Hi Hagar,

Ha ha.... Maybe i did overreacted a bit with that statement. :bouncefire: You are right, i did share a few good years with my Honda (Steed400) and it did serve me well rain or shine. I have no doubt there are still a few (or many) good "men" around riding Jap and Euro bikes. Regards and Cheers.

My wife rides a Steed and has no balls (only squeeze mine hard when I play up):giddy: :giddy: :angel:

I think i'm going for a single sitter so nobody can squeeze anything of mine when i ride...........

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: