SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Exhaust Systems - Moriwaki

godfire

KeVs . I dun have mainstand and i believe it doesn't affect when you dis-mount from mainstand. Cause the pupose of puting this is to make your suspension harder. Its not extending the height. :):)

Yah I understand it makes the suspension harder, but think of this ah, the stock set is of standard length, so when u add the spacer in, wouldnt it be slightly longer downwards?

Cos i chance upon annother fellow biker, who had a different kind of suspension extender, it made the suspension and the rear swing arms more downwards, thus unable to mount a mainstand when kept as it's in contact with the chain..

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oic. As for mine, no . It won't extend the length of the stock suspension .:angel: Pure making it harder only ~~~:cheeky:

As you can see on the picture, i had already put on 2 set of the spacer. SOLID HARD MAN ~~

Ridding is about not Fast & Furious. Its about Safe & Passion.

:thumb::thumb:

for everyone's benefit, with courtesy by Hyper,

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4073/4918239461_c919a331c2_b.jpg

This does not make your rear suspension "harder". It only increases your rear ride height (like increasing your pre-load adjustments).

• It can adversely affect your cornering (more sway in the rear).
  • It increases the risks of topping out if not loaded correctly.

I wouldn't do this if I were weighing ~70Kg and have little rear load. Stock preload adjustments are enough for 1 fully loaded top box and a ~45Kg pillion.

If you want to make yr rear suspension "harder" (or stiffer i.e less compression when loaded), change your springs to one with a higher spring rate.

Edited by SNapEl

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

Hmm from what I see from the picture, I dun think the spacer will increase the seat height lei. It's like compressing the springs within that same amount of space, thus making them harder? How much to do this spacer?

Btw, is anyone kind enough to post up a few pictures of Super 4 with inverted forks? I cannot find them lei. Thanks in advance.

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

http://image.automotive.com/f/newsandupdates/racing_news/122_1103_progress_for_ducati_marlboro_team_as_qatar_test_kicks_off/32274961+soriginal/122_1103_03_o+valentino_rossi_ducati_marlboro_q

Hmm from what I see from the picture, I dun think the spacer will increase the seat height lei. It's like compressing the springs within that same amount of space, thus making them harder? How much to do this spacer?

Btw, is anyone kind enough to post up a few pictures of Super 4 with inverted forks? I cannot find them lei. Thanks in advance.

i think i saved them at my home pc.. let me see if i can find it.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

This does not make your rear suspension "harder". It only increases your rear ride height (like increasing your pre-load adjustments).

• It can adversely affect your cornering (more sway in the rear).
  • It increases the risks of topping out if not loaded correctly.

I wouldn't do this if I were weighing ~70Kg and have little rear load. Stock preload adjustments are enough for 1 fully loaded top box and a ~45Kg pillion.

If you want to make yr rear suspension "harder" (or stiffer i.e less compression when loaded), change your springs to one with a higher spring rate.

+1

that's what im afraid about if i go do it.

the seat height will be higher, & to top it off, i weigh more than you quoted, needless to say about my rear load... :cry:

neway, according to ah pek, maybe just 1 spacer should be enough, as i dont need a higher seat height but slightly longer rear suspension.. :sweat:

p.s. i wana try yr stx... :D

i think i saved them at my home pc.. let me see if i can find it.

need me to scan frm my S4 mag? :deal:

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

actually, it does.

you know the 5 click pre-load adjustment?

its just add on more, delaying the spring lower downwards.

when its longer, as the swingarm is holding the wheel, thus cant go lower, hence the seat height is risen frm the spring tension.

erm... able to deduce frm my words? :sweat:

Disclaimer:

+1

that's what im afraid about if i go do it.

the seat height will be higher, & to top it off, i weigh more than you quoted, needless to say about my rear load... :cry:

neway, according to ah pek, maybe just 1 spacer should be enough, as i dont need a higher seat height but slightly longer rear suspension.. :sweat:

p.s. i wana try yr stx... :D

need me to scan frm my S4 mag? :deal:

lol.. your mag surely got even more goodies on the s4.. later you poison pple here even more.. :cheeky:

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

Huh what s4 mag keV? Next time outing bring lei. Hah

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

http://image.automotive.com/f/newsandupdates/racing_news/122_1103_progress_for_ducati_marlboro_team_as_qatar_test_kicks_off/32274961+soriginal/122_1103_03_o+valentino_rossi_ducati_marlboro_q

lol.. your mag surely got even more goodies on the s4.. later you poison pple here even more.. :cheeky:

Basically wateva's available there, compare to here is competitive.

Only diff is that there's like no restriction on mods as oppose to here's strict regulations.

& i dun tink we can gt most of the stuffs frm japan as they dont do oversea biz, unless u hv a way to bring in instead of goin thru another party.

Huh what s4 mag keV? Next time outing bring lei. Hah

scare i bring out liao, kena torn into shreds.. lol..

its a mag book abt the chronicles of S4, frm the initial idea of CB Four's forefathers to PB1, to Ver R & S, to Spec 1, 2, 3 & Revo..

U can order online, bt it'll b costly &, its all in japanese..

Disclaimer:

Basically wateva's available there, compare to here is competitive.

Only diff is that there's like no restriction on mods as oppose to here's strict regulations.

& i dun tink we can gt most of the stuffs frm japan as they dont do oversea biz, unless u hv a way to bring in instead of goin thru another party.

scare i bring out liao, kena torn into shreds.. lol..

its a mag book abt the chronicles of S4, frm the initial idea of CB Four's forefathers to PB1, to Ver R & S, to Spec 1, 2, 3 & Revo..

U can order online, bt it'll b costly &, its all in japanese..

yah that's the problem.. not able to bring the stuff to sg..

anyway, i found the pic, super4 with inverted forks.

super4-invertedfork.jpg

Wow that's damn nice. I think I remember this bike, taken on a track day. keV, the mag got any title? Wanna try my luck at kinokuniya. Hah

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

yah that's the problem.. not able to bring the stuff to sg..

anyway, i found the pic, super4 with inverted forks.

wah, tat could be the K Factory's gp exhaust..

the owner must hv spent quite a sum jus to fully soup it up...

Wow that's damn nice. I think I remember this bike, taken on a track day. keV, the mag got any title? Wanna try my luck at kinokuniya. Hah

you can try your luck, bt last i tried, they dont hv it..

nah:

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/imgdata/large/4891075457.jpg

Disclaimer:

owner surely have spend alot. that engine brace, and esp beet engine guard very ex.

yup, last check frm MW, it cost over 100+.... :giddy:

I got the spacer from K&T Ubi . You may wan to check with clifford . According to him, the spacer does not increase the height of the suspension.

:):)

hmm.. thnx for the head ups..

Disclaimer:

Any1 like to check out the place that i mention earlier ? its MRT Station .

sorry ah i dont quite frequent sgbikes la but ok go for meet up. anyway speakinf of places to meet, i heard theres this level 30 buffalo wings at Sunset Grill & Pub (Seletar) area. heard the level refer to spicyness. whoa!

so anybody? but after raya la hor! :D

Nope. Maybe the setting is off?

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

anyway i dont think the spacer or the posh suspension lift will give height to the bike, as in to clear humps and stuff. many said they put so they feel higher and have that street fighter gungho look.

ok, lets explain this again.

when in stock, the ride height is as stated.

henceforth, when u raise the rear via the spacer or the suspension extender, with or w/o the rider on the bike, the ride height has been altercated.

as the swingarms cant be going down as there's the floor, hence it's being reversed upwards, i.e. making the seat higher.

this in turn, makes the front sprocket to rear sprocket's chain alignment more slanted than stock, which, will wear the chain & sprox faster.

only pro is, cornering maybe better(hearsay).

not much of a streetfighter look I'll say, IMO, it just mk the bike more cumbersome.

if one wants to hv a better cornering, its not just abt the technicals aspects, give a pro-seasoned rider any bike, & he/she can mk it look easy scrapping the pegs anytime.

& as for streetfighter, yes i admit S4 is a multi-fashionable bike.

be it in stock, naked, semi-faired, streetfighter, race, sport-touring, its almost can be anything.

but end of a day, its still classified as a normal street bike.

because it was built as the way it is.

did anyone of u spray your black shorty coz of the rust?

my black shorty become white or gray gray after using a month plus.

anyone got any idea to prevent it?

er... wah... hvnt heard of it leh, you use daily or work near places with high salinity area?

erm.. dont think its wise to spend on powdercoating unless you hv the mula & dont mind, think the next best bet is the High-Temp spray, but hw long it'll last Im not sure liao...

I cant be bother with my SS shorty's rust & oxidation.

I exhaust wrapped it...

Anyone feels that shorty's air input is not sufficient and output is way bigger then other pipes and feel like dying off easily?

ok, when bike starts up, whats yr idling @?

when in the run(OTR), @ traffice stops, where's the RPM needle @ again?

hvin a FS doesnt mean you hv to re-tune/change everything.

My (carb model) is SS shorty with K&N, stock carb settings & RPM starts @ 1K+ region, when @ traffic stops, slightly more than 1K+ region.

move off anytime no power loss feeling.

did not tune anything else. straight plug & play.

best is to hv stock jet settings if you're not into high torque-low/no top end.

Disclaimer: