SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Exhaust Systems - Moriwaki

godfire

hvin a FS doesnt mean you hv to re-tune/change everything.

My (carb model) is SS shorty with K&N, stock carb settings & RPM starts @ 1K+ region, when @ traffic stops, slightly more than 1K+ region.

move off anytime no power loss feeling.

Slightly off topic but I want to get a K&N air filter for my 2008 CB400 SF Revo but am unable to locate a code for it. Do you know if there is one made for the 08 revo as it is not listed on the K&N website?

2008 Honda CB400SF Revo ABS - Moriwaki OnePiece Shorty Exhaust & Slider, GodSend Radiator Mesh, 2 Pt Crash Bars, LSL Street Foot Pegs, OEM screen, Scottoiler, Red/White Leds, Bagster Tank Cover, Michelin P Pure Front/P Road 2 Rear Tyres, HID 4300K, Gilles Tooling 41mm Clip Ons, Powdercoated Rims/Rearsets & Passenger Pegs, Rizoma Avio 21 Signals, Motovation Universal Barends...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Slightly off topic but I want to get a K&N air filter for my 2008 CB400 SF Revo but am unable to locate a code for it. Do you know if there is one made for the 08 revo as it is not listed on the K&N website?

Let me check & gt back to u?

Nt sure if Spec III's compatible for Revo or nt.

Unless someone riding a Revo can verify off hand.

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Let me check & gt back to u?

Nt sure if Spec III's compatible for Revo or nt.

Unless someone riding a Revo can verify off hand.

Thank's Kev. I've been searching but so far nothing. I believe spec 3 isn't compatible with revo.

2008 Honda CB400SF Revo ABS - Moriwaki OnePiece Shorty Exhaust & Slider, GodSend Radiator Mesh, 2 Pt Crash Bars, LSL Street Foot Pegs, OEM screen, Scottoiler, Red/White Leds, Bagster Tank Cover, Michelin P Pure Front/P Road 2 Rear Tyres, HID 4300K, Gilles Tooling 41mm Clip Ons, Powdercoated Rims/Rearsets & Passenger Pegs, Rizoma Avio 21 Signals, Motovation Universal Barends...

kev

no lei. i just use this bike to school and work part time at central area. so not salinity at all.

i tot of wrap it. but wonder how it look like.

dun mind posting your shorty with the wrap?

Erm, could be the heat thats causing it, as u say workin p/t.

But, ya, whichever way, it'll still corrode.

Erm, wait till i gt time to tk it post it here k?

Stil hvin probs on my work com wif this forum, so posting using my hp nw.

Oya, if u're concern abt the rusts, my advice is dont wrap. Mine's all quite koyak liao.. heheh..

Thank's Kev. I've been searching but so far nothing. I believe spec 3 isn't compatible with revo.

Hi bro, i am using it , dun worry , it is compatible =)

ldslds, u hv the part's article no.? So i can cross reference.

As i asked my fren yesterday bt she said using different de.

ResmeN, lets double confirm 1st before we conclude? :thumb:

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Yeah thanks guys and appreciate it. Well make sure of part numbers and the comparability then well go from there.

exhaust header cannot be powercoated due to its high heat. best option is to sand down the rust den apply high temp spray. i do not recommend to wrap it as water might be trapped in there. anyway, confirm the black shorty will rust cos its using Iron as a material. If yours is quite bad, maybe we can go find some company to galvanize our exhaust?

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

http://image.automotive.com/f/newsandupdates/racing_news/122_1103_progress_for_ducati_marlboro_team_as_qatar_test_kicks_off/32274961+soriginal/122_1103_03_o+valentino_rossi_ducati_marlboro_q

exhaust header cannot be powercoated due to its high heat. best option is to sand down the rust den apply high temp spray. i do not recommend to wrap it as water might be trapped in there. anyway, confirm the black shorty will rust cos its using Iron as a material. If yours is quite bad, maybe we can go find some company to galvanize our exhaust?

Wat if it cannot be derusted by sanding?

I tried & it didnt work, only solution found was electro-plating/dipping(did i gt the term right?)

It involves alot of process & materials, with the help of, soda powder(if im nt wrong), SS plates, a dry cell batt & some common electrical knowledge..

A tedious & time consuming process bt it works, overseas.. :sweat:

They usually use this technique to restore old chromes..

Disclaimer:

Wat if it cannot be derusted by sanding?

I tried & it didnt work, only solution found was electro-plating/dipping(did i gt the term right?)

It involves alot of process & materials, with the help of, soda powder(if im nt wrong), SS plates, a dry cell batt & some common electrical knowledge..

A tedious & time consuming process bt it works, overseas.. :sweat:

They usually use this technique to restore old chromes..

Disclaimer:

I guess the process is call galvanize. Hot-dip galvanizing is a form of galvanization. It is the process of coating iron, steel, or aluminum with a thin zinc layer, by passing the metal through a molten bath of zinc at a temperature of around 860 °F (460 °C). When exposed to the atmosphere, the pure zinc (Zn) reacts with oxygen (O2) to form zinc oxide (ZnO), which further reacts with carbon dioxide (CO2) to form zinc carbonate (ZnCO3), a usually dull grey, fairly strong material that stops further corrosion in many circumstances. I believe the corrosion means rusting. The process is quite ex between 300 - 500.

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

http://image.automotive.com/f/newsandupdates/racing_news/122_1103_progress_for_ducati_marlboro_team_as_qatar_test_kicks_off/32274961+soriginal/122_1103_03_o+valentino_rossi_ducati_marlboro_q

keV I tot u using ss shorty? It rust too?

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

I guess the process is call galvanize. Hot-dip galvanizing is a form of galvanization. It is the process of coating iron, steel, or aluminum with a thin zinc layer, by passing the metal through a molten bath of zinc at a temperature of around 860 °F (460 °C). When exposed to the atmosphere, the pure zinc (Zn) reacts with oxygen (O2) to form zinc oxide (ZnO), which further reacts with carbon dioxide (CO2) to form zinc carbonate (ZnCO3), a usually dull grey, fairly strong material that stops further corrosion in many circumstances. I believe the corrosion means rusting. The process is quite ex between 300 - 500.

heheh.. im science nut... dun really understand... :sweat:

neway, found the correct term, its electrolytic de-rusting.

using electric thru water...

keV I tot u using ss shorty? It rust too?

you wouldnt thought it would.

it did... afer months of sexposing to the front... hahah...

Disclaimer:

Maybe it wasn't totally made of stainless steel. All these chemical processes are damn expensive and lots of hard work. Guess I will do a annual high temp spray instead too. I was quoted 100 for it. I am damn lazy to do it myself. Unless anyone here wanna do it too, we can meet up Nd do it together.

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

Maybe it wasn't totally made of stainless steel. All these chemical processes are damn expensive and lots of hard work. Guess I will do a annual high temp spray instead too. I was quoted 100 for it. I am damn lazy to do it myself. Unless anyone here wanna do it too, we can meet up Nd do it together.

galvanize

yoshimura users seems to have died... X.X

anyway when's the next outing? someone organize?

It's not about the power or speed or how fast your ride goes but the time & effort spent to achieve something different :cool:

My Toys:

Harley XR1200

CB400-V-tec III (served me well )

Streetfighter S ( never felt better! )

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/kkioz/P7111015-1-1.jpg

yo resmen, got any plans to come to singapore? haha..

Lol. Actually my other half wants to go Malaysia but I wouldn't mind also popping by Singapore too.

saw 1 bike with moriwaki at coperation rd yesterday evening ard 640pm. any1 frm this froum? seem that west side lot of mori user. any plans for future gathering?

i seldom see west side got moriwaki lei. btw i in the west. haha.

seen quite afew already.

Naked or Bol d'Or versions.

nice.. :smile:

Lol. Actually my other half wants to go Malaysia but I wouldn't mind also popping by Singapore too.

Pardon me as I hvnt pop by to the shop to query for the article no., was busying handling over work before Im being called back to serve for my nation.

Wont be free till 25th.

Unless those who are on Revo & has the part article no. of the filter, and that can share it here, otherwise, may hv to wait till Im out & head dwn to the central area for some info scouping.. hehehe...

Disclaimer:

for high temp spray. galvanize will cost at least 3-5 times more..

I am also in for a gathering..

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

Kev's, ldslds has confirmed in the air filter thread that the k&n air filter for the spec 3 will fit on the revo without requiring any modification. The part number is ha-4098.