SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[DIY] The Clinic

mepkoh

Do not use the old used black engine oil.

Used engine oil, especially from bikes that running in like Mr Vidak will contain little metal chippings fromt he wear of the piston.

Putting oil that contains metal flakes to lubricate your chain, is as good as not lubing the chain, if not worse... :sian:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am still testing on the reducer joint..where the big tube is reduced and connected to the air tube..time is required to make it and to cure the joint..using epoxy or silicone to seal joints.

so please let me know who wants it.and sign up please..it is ok if u are not coming for the diy,

a knock down kit can be made for u.and u can pick it up at your own time.

the design is a simple 1" tube joint by an air tube with 2 valves to control the flow.

thanks..

since we have 4 sign up..i will prepare 4 sets.. cost will be not more than $10..including EO..I will be buying the fully synthectic long life car lube costing $20+ for a 4L bottle.

on the other hand if less than 10 sign up...can some one pick up a bottle of Planet Nasa special . for $12?? if not will use mobil/spc 4t $10..

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

gentlemen...i have tried and tried to epoxy the reducer..but it is stii leaking..

i think I shoud forget this route..in another words project kaput...

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

The good news is that..remeber i told u about my new fangled design that will light your eyes up when u see it...(i hope this will be the respond..ahhHahahah).

this new fangled design is the one i am going to pursue,,, it will cost u practically nothing.

The only cost is that you blanja me dinner....hahahha

The design objectives.

1. easy to build......check

2. low cost............check

3. robust............... check

4. no valves........... check

5. adjustable flow....check

6. once activated it will work,,no dripping ,overflow or puddle on the floor if u forget to turn off.................. check

7.can be mouted with cable ties..no worries about flow being restricted by it..

8.once material assembled..takes less than 5 minutes to assembled.

9.reliabilty...soon u will forget about the conatsnt problems associated with other low cost design...

10..replacement..as aeasy as 123.(highly unlikely maybe like once in 10 years)

well guys thank you..u make me awake for the past week and in the process i believe a few brain cells died..heheh its worth all the trouble..

i will reveal design at the meet....

so come and sign up i will advise u what to bring along .be the first to say..i was there, i made it..

we made histoy for the cheapy and most effective oiler ever put in use.

..and i believe soon it will be found in most bikers with/without a diy streak..

i have a suggestion...$5.. each...bring the free items found in yor home required.. common items i will buy it.

Balance of money lets go spend it at the overseas sea food trip...(please see Silent overseas dinner ride)

guys thank you for the inspirations...

sorry scottoiler for screwing up your biz...

the small print is....dont flame iff u dont like it...but it is unlikely.hahahha

Edited by mepkoh

PROJECT OILER...sign up

1. mepkoh/

2. silent x2 sets

3. jtxx

4. weird username

5. caydias

time: 3pm date:12 sept.09 place: the clinic

Wah quite sian.

Today proceeded to move on to spray tank + rear mudguard. Tried to remove the rear mudguard but... there's alot going on down there, haha, how to remove ah, once seat is off?

Oh and I realise my box one of the mounting points got quite a worn out allen nut. Any ideas on how to remove? I read that can use an allen key the epoxy it to the nut and then can screw out - but you sacrifice the allen key lor.

And my two nuts on the speedo also worn out... sigh.

Yes, pun intended, haha.

Project DIY Oiler sesson

How much?:::: $5-$10 ( $$ are for materials.)

when dude? ::::12 september 2009 3pm

Who?::::::::::::all Are welcome

What?::::::::::: SIMPLY add your Name to the List[

where? ;;;;;;;;; THe Clinic

1. mepkoh

2. silent x2 sets

3. jtzx

4. weird username

5. caydias

Edited by jtzx

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

well guys thank you..u make me awake for the past week and in the process i believe a few brain cells died..heheh its worth all the trouble..

i have a suggestion...$5.. each...bring the free items found in yor home required.. common items i will buy it.

Balance of money lets go spend it at the overseas sea food trip...(please see Silent overseas dinner ride)

clinic

haha.. a Million thanks man for raking your brain cells and coming out with such great innovative invention.. can copy cat and use that project for my school also if it works.. La la la la la

$5? and what you mean by common things u buy?

i got garage sales... any dresses or eye shadow for your WIFE?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

haha.. a Million thanks man for raking your brain cells and coming out with such great innovative invention.. can copy cat and use that project for my school also if it works.. La la la la la

$5? and what you mean by common things u buy?

i got garage sales... any dresses or eye shadow for your WIFE?

ya still need to buy stuff..

1. EO....full synthectic EO.. Brand Car Lube.. $20++

2. Tubes..... $6...$2/5m...may need more depends on how many oilers made.

3. steel wires...$3 per spool (est.)

vlaves is optional...

estimated need to purchase $30 worth of stuff for 10 sets of oiler.

you bring,,,,??? will tell you when nearer meet up..:cheers:

so u wan to oil your bike.. how u want to do it sir???

see whether this DIY oiler whuch will be revealed on 12 sept...can satisfy your requirements...

1. Clean oiler...no more messy hands...

2. top up a breeze..

3. rugged ... last a long time

4.cost less than $5...the major cost is the EO..hahhah.

5. no fling of EO...ie. oil every time u ride.

6. oil once every 1000km...but possibilty of flinging.( may fling if qty exceed the no fling limit..this has to be calibrated on your bike.).recommend u to ride slowly for the next 5 minutes or so after oiling.

7. bioth sides of chain links oiled...we are actualling targetting the pin and rollers.at of the sides of the chain...but most design oils one side.

Save $$$$$$$$.....one test report says that spray solution life is 18000km..sprayed once every day...but both sides oiled 28000km...

scottoiler claims that a good oiling extend life by 7x...wow in that case i dont have to change the chain/sprockets ..hahah forever man.

the above list is what the oiler can do...

do you have any other requirements/need ...

see whether the design could be improved to include your requested requirements.

Edited by mepkoh

come on sign up sign up

Project DIY Oiler sesson

1. mepkoh

2. silent x2 sets

3. jtzx

4. weird username

5. caydias

.[/

ya still need to buy stuff..

1. EO....full synthectic EO.. Brand Car Lube.. $20++

2. Tubes..... $6...$2/5m...may need more depends on how many oilers made.

3. steel wires...$3 per spool (est.)

vlaves is optional...

estimated need to purchase $30 worth of stuff for 10 sets of oiler.

you bring,,,,??? will tell you when nearer meet up..:cheers:

oh.. okay.. so later buy liao then we divided the cost lor.. depends on the no. of pax also...

alright.. keep us update worx.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

any other requirement/need..please post so , see whether it can be incorporated into design..

latest addition:

i have diy a chain scrubber ..and tested it yestedrday..

Progress Report:

prototype been made..tested in my lab (hahaha my bed room)....i have identified a place to install on my steed. will soon road test on this guy..

the last prototype on medicine bottle and valves worked...but i think too flimsy.

I have diy and installed a chain scrubber.

the chain scrubber works well..now chain is more or less free of the scum and goo that was on it before the test...

The next test/improvement will be a 2 tip dispenser to oil both sides of the chain..

will make report after road test .

well folks it look like the oiler is ready for mass trial..ie..all those who sign up..

so i stake claim via Singapore Bikes...the design and all intellectural property rights associated with this design....look like iam enfoying myself..hope all of u enjoy it too.

cool la.. our DIY king... just change my clutch plate today... Power la.. the speed now ;-)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

this morning installed the latest ver.oiler...

took a spin in the car park..it worked well.

installed the the 2 sided chain oiler...took a spin

hahaha....came back minus the device.

since installing the scrubber..after the ride notice rear my rim is ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

but now got clean chain......most probbaly the amount of scum and goo too much..not surprise this chain is as is conditon since day1.

anyway will be offering the version with single oiling tip.

the 2 oiling tips have to wait..this one cost$$$$$..have to make bracket to hold it properly...or else missing device after ride is a big possibility...

so in the mean time i will enjoy my ride with a clean chain..knowing that i dont have to worry about my chain and sprocket for along long time.

still not interested???....sign up, sign up ...

most probably you are saving $$$$$$$$$$ to install the scottoiler...good luck to your chain na sprocket .

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Project DIY Oiler sesson

1. mepkoh

2. silent x2 sets

3. jtzx

4. weird username

5. caydias

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Project DIY Oiler sesson

1. mepkoh

2. silent x2 sets

3. jtzx

4. weird username

5. caydias

6. zm (possible to collect from you another day? that period working at IT fair haiz)

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

those who are ubable to turn up...yeah will make additional kits and they can collect it anytime...just call me and collect if i am in (or at appointed time.)..

it is so simple...u can assembled it within 5 minutes...

those who sign up will be given a chain scrubber ..FREE...which wiill be installed together with the oiler on to the bike.

hahhaha...i think i must be going mad..giving it the scrubber away FOC ...

Edited by mepkoh

hahah others without sign up for oiler, who wanted the scubber only will be charged for installation labour.

my labour rate is $20 / hour....ahhhah..but in kind..ie a beer will do.

thank you.