SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Radiator - Problem Encountered

redname

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

radiator fan on is quite usual.BUT, please check ur coolant.. maybe, the bike does not have enough coolant or choke(old, dirty coolant). these may cos ur bike to overheat faster and cannot cool down.

just a 2cents

1 Oct 04 - 8 Dec 05 ____Phantom 200 FV 6644R -- LAURA

8 Dec 05 - 24 Jan 09 _______ Super 4 Vtec 1 FR 4602X--LANA

------- - --- _______________________________-- LENALEE

Originally posted by whish@May 1 2006, 06:15 PM

hey s4vtec, thx for ur interest to help but just got that problem fixed.. bought some epoxy and diy myself with a friend and hopefully it'll hold down good..

Forget it, it won't hold. The usual epoxy you buy cannot handle the heat and will eventually peel off. The expensive type to do this kind of job will cost more than getting it fixed properly.

• 6 months later...

Hi bros,

I left my bike at MSCP overnite and din ride for one day....on sunday noon, when i was about to ride out , i found traces of coolant.......seems to be leaking from somewhere but i dun really know wat it is ............it's jus somewhere near the gear shifts ..........pls advise if u faced the same prob before and suggest solutions ..........

pls find attached a word document with the related pic bros.........

thanks in advance for any replies.

:help:

color=red]For our sins.........................HooAH[/color]

Guest imported_Ah_Ben

bro,

that part is where the coolant pump is...

i suspect the gasket is worn or torn...

u may replace it and try...

shouldn't be expensive... all u pay for is the gasket and the coolant.

Originally posted by mudman@Nov 13 2006, 02:19 PM

Hi bros,

I left my bike at MSCP overnite and din ride for one day....on sunday noon, when i was about to ride out , i found traces of coolant.......seems to be leaking from somewhere but i dun really know wat it is ............it's jus somewhere near the gear shifts ..........pls advise if u faced the same prob before and suggest solutions ..........

pls find attached a word document with the related pic bros.........

thanks in advance for any replies.

:help:

yupz....mostly pump or the gasket... no worries...get ur mech to do up sooner possible..

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/des_child75/signature/watermark.jpg

Ink and Needles is where i feels my pain...I am a 60km/h rider so don't horn at me ... ...

Originally posted by xxxAhBenxxx@Nov 13 2006, 02:34 PM

bro,

that part is where the coolant pump is...

i suspect the gasket is worn or torn...

u may replace it and try...

shouldn't be expensive... all u pay for is the gasket and the coolant.

thanks bro ..will see to that soon ... now i m wondering if it's leaking or that pipe on top of it is leaking ........

:confused:

Guest imported_Ah_Ben

erm...

u try put tissue at the hose on top... see if it get wet the next day.

make sure ur tissue dont touch the below where u suspect leak.

cannot think of another way.

Originally posted by xxxAhBenxxx@Nov 13 2006, 03:40 PM

erm...

u try put tissue at the hose on top... see if it get wet the next day.

make sure ur tissue dont touch the below where u suspect leak.

cannot think of another way.

that's a gd idea bro, i'll try it tontie ..........

sianz, it leaked once and then yesterday and today never leak...knn .. .

so hard to find the cause ................

argh ...i hate this ...

IF ur bike over heat and ur radiator cap is worn out e seal of e cap is spoilt den e pressure will go hay-wire . So when ur bike heat up , the cap cannot contain e pressure thus cause the coolant reservoir to boil and after boiling it will over flow .

You can do a test if ur cap is spoilt or gasket leak. You fill the reserviour wif coolant , if im not wrong by nw its below the "low" marking . You top up til where u can see or above "low". Then you try to ride slow or let ur bike idel til veri hot . you off ur bike . You go over to the right hand side of ur bike , take out e "CB400" plastic cover that the coolant is , you observe , if e coolant in e reserviour boils , after boilingg u will realise the water will overflow after cooling down thru the tube and will be wet one e floor .

For me , i start by changin my radiator cap first and its solved e problem

Hope it helps..

::

Originally posted by duckit@Nov 15 2006, 03:31 AM

IF ur bike over heat and ur radiator cap is worn out e seal of e cap is spoilt den e pressure will go hay-wire . So when ur bike heat up , the cap cannot contain e pressure thus cause the coolant reservoir to boil and after boiling it will over flow .

You can do a test if ur cap is spoilt or gasket leak. You fill the reserviour wif coolant , if im not wrong by nw its below the "low" marking . You top up til where u can see or above "low". Then you try to ride slow or let ur bike idel til veri hot . you off ur bike . You go over to the right hand side of ur bike , take out e "CB400" plastic cover that the coolant is , you observe , if e coolant in e reserviour boils , after boilingg u will realise the water will overflow after cooling down thru the tube and will be wet one e floor .

For me , i start by changin my radiator cap first and its solved e problem

Hope it helps..

thanks for the advise bro, will check the coolant level later....

for the last few days since the leak, there hasn't been any signs of leaking ....

realli got me puzzled all over..........:confused:

Originally posted by mudman@Nov 15 2006, 10:57 AM

thanks for the advise bro, will check the coolant level later....

for the last few days since the leak, there hasn't been any signs of leaking ....

realli got me puzzled all over..........:confused:

Cause the level of the water in the reserviour is too low , as in there's no more water in e tank already , so when its really boil , when it cool down , the water wont be too much for it to over flow when it cools ..

so you need top up the level and observe ..

= )

::

hi guys out there... hope u all give me valuable advice on this.. my coolant water in the coolant box keeps on dropping till there is no water on it... the coolant water that was originally in the box located at the side of the bike is in green/blue in colour. can i top it up using normal water?

Guest imported_Ah_Ben
Originally posted by duckit@Nov 15 2006, 11:09 AM

Cause the level of the water in the reserviour is too low , as in there's no more water in e tank already , so when its really boil , when it cool down , the water wont be too much for it to over flow when it cools ..

so you need top up the level and observe ..

= )

think for his case, might be just the opposite...

he go bike shop to fix, then they over topup the reserviour... hence after parking bike, it overflow and leak...

since it stop leaking, it might be because it overflow until it reach the "HIGH" mark of the reserviour.

best to remove right ride panel to check ur reserviour...

u cant top-up with normail water. u need to use distill water or a coolant itself. u might wanna check ur thermostate and radiator fan. just in case the radiator not working

1 Oct 04 - 8 Dec 05 ____Phantom 200 FV 6644R -- LAURA

8 Dec 05 - 24 Jan 09 _______ Super 4 Vtec 1 FR 4602X--LANA

------- - --- _______________________________-- LENALEE

I ever kena before too. din ride for 24 hr den start the bike. i went a few blocks away to buy kopi den saw leakage.

I tried riding more to find the cause but there was no more leakage.

Problematic.

The Power of Dreams

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=25275&dateline=1180237294&type=profile

2003-2004: Daelim Magma

2004-2006: Suzuki GSXR400

2006-2007: Honda Super4 spec2

2007-2007: Piaggio X9 Amalfi

Present: Kia Picanto

Originally posted by vtec_craze@Nov 15 2006, 11:14 PM

I ever kena before too. din ride for 24 hr den start the bike. i went a few blocks away to buy kopi den saw leakage.

I tried riding more to find the cause but there was no more leakage.

Problematic.

PRECISELY BRO!!!!

till today i still can't locate the cause of it .....knn ..............

:giddy:

tat means ur engine is drinking(drying) e coolant.... better do some quick, there might to crack in ur top gasket or top block.....

n nv riding w/o coolant, if reali cant find coolant. topup wif normal water 1st better den overheat e engine..... :giddy:

Current P200 setup: Sinnob Sproc[15, 39], NGK platinum plug with spark booster, V3 racing coil, cheetah CDI[dual mode], broquet B2, DIY oiler, hazard light, DIY gnding, PE28[pj-38, mj-120], open pod filter

Originally posted by mudman@Nov 16 2006, 04:52 PM

bro, can get RadCool from mobil petrol kisok ard $5-$6...no need to mix , jus have to pour....

or u can get those where u have to mix with water before you can use it .........

yupe easy to use..and ready to use :smile: Price is cheap too.

Rainyboi: Better go check with ur shop bro..b4 sumthing actually gonna happen.

Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

Originally posted by mudman@Nov 16 2006, 03:52 PM

bro, can get RadCool from mobil petrol kisok ard $5-$6...no need to mix , jus have to pour....

or u can get those where u have to mix with water before you can use it .........

Hi bro, for topping up right, we open the right side CB400 grey plastic cover, den top up there can liao right?

:confused:

The Power of Dreams

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=25275&dateline=1180237294&type=profile

2003-2004: Daelim Magma

2004-2006: Suzuki GSXR400

2006-2007: Honda Super4 spec2

2007-2007: Piaggio X9 Amalfi

Present: Kia Picanto