SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Radiator - Problem Encountered

redname

Originally posted by vtec_craze@Nov 17 2006, 11:52 PM

Hi bro, for topping up right, we open the right side CB400 grey plastic cover, den top up there can liao right?

:confused:

yup

--- A twist of the wrist ---

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by vtec_craze@Nov 17 2006, 11:52 PM

Hi bro, for topping up right, we open the right side CB400 grey plastic cover, den top up there can liao right?

:confused:

top up is 1 thing. but ur radiator got water inside in the first place?ur radiator cap is under ur tank on the front right side...

Bros,

my bike only leaked that once and only once and i din see any more leaking .....i inspected once again and i think i found the source of the leak, it's from the pipe that is above the pump..the tightening screw-like thingy that is fastening the pipe to the pump has sorta came loose as i was able to tighten it a fair bit ........so i came up with the conclusion that is the cause of it. There's no possibility that the pipe has hardened cos when i pressed on it a few times, the tensile strength still seems to be there ..............

to add on to my beliefs, i spotted tiny traces of hardened coolant hear the opening of the pipe , so taht's where the leak has emerged from .My bike doesn't overheat alot, fan's working and the reservoir level is maintained consistently. The last top-up was in feb and it's still in almost the same level ........

thanks for all ur help bros

color=red]For our sins.........................HooAH[/color]

actually if e top block crack(minor) or top gasket wear-off will also cause e coolant to b dry off cause it leak in e top block..... when combustion tak place in e block, e high heat generated will eventually dry e coolant tat travel thru it......

better do something quick..... if ur eo n coolant mixed ur engine :giddy:

Current P200 setup: Sinnob Sproc[15, 39], NGK platinum plug with spark booster, V3 racing coil, cheetah CDI[dual mode], broquet B2, DIY oiler, hazard light, DIY gnding, PE28[pj-38, mj-120], open pod filter

if it leaks again, pls send ur bike to reliable bike shop to inspect coz the coolant motor pump is a small price to replace when faulty or leak ( usually due to faulty motor not gasket). coz if ur coolant pump doesnt circulate thru the engine, ur pocket will burn a big hole.

my dad's pjct big happened once, but discovered it hence send for replacement asap.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/funkyvtec/IMG-4077.jpg

Previous Rides: RXK 135, S4 Project Big 1, S4 Vtec1, ST1100 Pan European, Cbr954, K7 600, FJR1300 ABS, SilverWing FJS 400.

Current Rides: FIT 1.3 GF MoonRoof.

Originally posted by Shadowles@Nov 20 2006, 02:26 PM

eh i am riding a spec 2 but wheres the radiator cap ar??? :confused:

its underneath the tank on the right hand side.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/funkyvtec/IMG-4077.jpg

Previous Rides: RXK 135, S4 Project Big 1, S4 Vtec1, ST1100 Pan European, Cbr954, K7 600, FJR1300 ABS, SilverWing FJS 400.

Current Rides: FIT 1.3 GF MoonRoof.

• 1 month later...

RECENTLY MY VEERSION S S4 FACES THIS PROBLEM. i DISCOVERED THAT THE COOLANT IS VIRTUALLY LEAKING FROM THE ENGINE BLOCK. APPRAENTLY THERE IS NO CRACK BUT I SENSE SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT. I WENT TO 10 SHOPS AND WAS TOLD THAT THE BIKE HAS A MAJOR PROBLEM. THEY NEED TO SERVICE THE TOP BLOCK AND IT COST PRACTICALLY AROUND $1000/- OVER.. IS THIS LOGICAL OR THE SHOPS ARE JUST TRYING TO COMMIY DAYLIGHT ROBBERY. I NEED UR EXPERT OPINIONS URGENTLY... ANYONE KNOWS. IF YES, WHERE CAN I GO AND GET IT DONE AT A MUCH2 CHEAPER PRICE...

Originally posted by FendiHamad@Dec 28 2006, 01:43 AM

RECENTLY MY VEERSION S S4 FACES THIS PROBLEM. i DISCOVERED THAT THE COOLANT IS VIRTUALLY LEAKING FROM THE ENGINE BLOCK. APPRAENTLY THERE IS NO CRACK BUT I SENSE SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT. I WENT TO 10 SHOPS AND WAS TOLD THAT THE BIKE HAS A MAJOR PROBLEM. THEY NEED TO SERVICE THE TOP BLOCK AND IT COST PRACTICALLY AROUND $1000/- OVER.. IS THIS LOGICAL OR THE SHOPS ARE JUST TRYING TO COMMIY DAYLIGHT ROBBERY. I NEED UR EXPERT OPINIONS URGENTLY... ANYONE KNOWS. IF YES, WHERE CAN I GO AND GET IT DONE AT A MUCH2 CHEAPER PRICE...

a pic of it will helps more.....for such issue if coolant really leaking or ozzing out from there is not a small problem...so do take a pic to see where exact the coolant is leaking...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/des_child75/signature/watermark.jpg

Ink and Needles is where i feels my pain...I am a 60km/h rider so don't horn at me ... ...

for previously my version S also has a leak but its from the coolant hose connected to the thermastat that area...seems like it stain till the block area so at first i think its leaking from the engine block area..thats y i prefer a pix and another confirmation from the problem 1st.Cfm when u see certain amount of coolant ozzing out from that particular area... just incase we might give the wrong advise/s ..do a double check first...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/des_child75/signature/watermark.jpg

Ink and Needles is where i feels my pain...I am a 60km/h rider so don't horn at me ... ...

First go check all your coolant hoses..if non is leaking...I tell u wat has happen to your bike...Your top gasket is damaged and coolant is entering your engine system...will mix with your engine oil in your engine and if you don't do sumthing quick about that....you can say bye bye to your s4.... ..NO joke bro...

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/waklabib/esso.jpg

I just broke my record for JB-KL timing

Yes gasket leaking.. Here is some of the knowledge you must have.

Coolant is to convey heat from your engine to the radiator to be cool off or to convey heat away to other parts.

Coolant is all around the engine area. So how to stop water from entering the engine compartment is by gasket. So metal and metal can be seal together properly. Now is that the gasket is damage maybe due to overheat of engine or you can say wear and tear. Proper maintenance of cooling part will help to prolong the life of gasket.

There might be others fault like crack in the engine block etc. If the leak happen to be at the gasket area then is only gasket damage if the leak is come where else you will need to overhual the engine and maybe seal off the leak. But then it is only temporary as once there is a leak there will alway be another as our engine block is done by moulding unless that you purchase the whole engine block else it will leak again.

Hope that i have solve your problem and increase your knowledge in engine.

BTW it will not be a damage valve or piston damage.

Signal First Before You Brake

I maybe always meowing but sometime i ROAR

SuperFour Biker

Beware of 6350 RPM .................. VTEC .

Posts ALL Rights reserved�.

Reading purpose only. Not for copying or duplicated �.

THE WINGS TO RIDE FREELY

my version s oso..

its a common problem among all the verS.. i bought it 2nd hand so i guess the previous owner/s didn't maintain the cooling system properly..

nw i oso can't be bothered to top up.. as long as the temp light is not on, u r on the safe side..

05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)

08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)

09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)

04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)

05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)

07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)

11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

As far as i know, version S has this common problem... coolant leaking from the 2 holes of the engine.. i saw a version S at K&T facing the same problem and clifford told me the bike will need to go for top overhaul to rectify the problem once and for all... ive seen in forum some pple faced the same problem and went to planet to troubleshoot, ah chong added some kind of chemicals into the cooling system and the leak stop. Im not very sure abt this but i hope it will help u... U can try going Planet cause i personally think ah chong is good... Ride safe~

STOP ANIMAL ABUSE

hey guys..me too have the same probs u guys are facing..for my case the water jacket in the top block crack open.. dats the reason the coolant oozes from the side of the engine.. went to every mechanic, and the quote me itll cost 1000+... lucky me ive got mine for 350 only excludin workmanship..bikes now runnin like new liao..:cheer:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/uploads/photo-2514.jpg

Originally posted by yuzri1984@Dec 30 2006, 09:26 AM

hey guys..me too have the same probs u guys are facing..for my case the water jacket in the top block crack open.. dats the reason the coolant oozes from the side of the engine.. went to every mechanic, and the quote me itll cost 1000+... lucky me ive got mine for 350 only excludin workmanship..bikes now runnin like new liao..:cheer:

yo bro,

pls kindly share wif us, where u got it fix at oni $350?

How much is total cost including workmanship, did they change d whole block??

i guess planet pour in Radiator Anti-leak. I hav tried it myself, it works 4 a while oni, but after tat bk 2 square 1. emmm.. it will of coz reduces d amount of leak la..