SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Possible Solutions to your Phantom's Problem

jB

What I heard is that its a common thing, I hope other riders can assist in sharing their method of preventing it. Do consult the mechanic where you had it changed. I do wish to know who did it also :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually we all like to know who change for you and why also haha.

I changed at Planet for $55. That was not long after I took over the bike. I went there because of the generally positive feedback on this forum. Any particular reason why?

The sound is only there when idling. Soft ticking, about 4 beats a second. I notice that it disappears or becomes very soft after riding.

LOL mine also got soft ticking when idling ah chong says its ok. If its chain tensioner he say it will sound very apparent. If you really not sure go back to ah chong one more time and see what he says.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

i thought rich mixture have more chances of ... back fire ..????? so i am so blur now...,,

Too lean or too rich it will backfire. Dun confuse, very simple one.

i thought rich mixture have more chances of ... back fire ..????? so i am so blur now...,,

hmmm heard from some more experienced people, they also say too lean will backfire... so maybe... cannot too lean nor too rich... must be just nice... haha...

I changed at Planet for $55. That was not long after I took over the bike. I went there because of the generally positive feedback on this forum. Any particular reason why?

The sound is only there when idling. Soft ticking, about 4 beats a second. I notice that it disappears or becomes very soft after riding.

not very sure but izzit something called cam chain tensioner or something?? hmm

hmmm icic... i think that is a very common niggling problem... the tick tick or jiji sound... most prob is something to do with chain or something ... so ok la ... if he ask you to change sure got his reasons, he wun anyhow chop one... :)

Actually.... my TA also got tick tick sound liao.... =_=

Are you local by the way..? just curious...

Too lean or too rich it will backfire. Dun confuse, very simple one.

yeah u r right...

too lean..when bike unable to combust.eg, during start up or running miss a combustion stroke(s)..fuel mix in exhaust can back fire..

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

hmmm heard from some more experienced people, they also say too lean will backfire... so maybe... cannot too lean nor too rich... must be just nice... haha...

too much air = fart, too much petrol = diarrhoea :lol:

yeah u r right...

too lean..when bike unable to combust.eg, during start up or running miss a combustion stroke(s)..fuel mix in exhaust can back fire..

To be a bit more detailed,

When its too lean, the fuel has not completely finish burning during the combustion stroke as there is not enough fuel to carry the flame around the chamber fast enough. So the fuel continues burning as it exits into the exhaust and backfires.

When its too rich, there is unburnt fuel left after all the oxygen in the chamber is burnt off which get ejected into the exhaust. When the fuel is released at the mouth of the end can, the heat of the exhaust and the fresh air causes it to combust and backfire.

hmmm icic... i think that is a very common niggling problem... the tick tick or jiji sound... most prob is something to do with chain or something ... so ok la ... if he ask you to change sure got his reasons, he wun anyhow chop one... :)

Actually.... my TA also got tick tick sound liao.... =_=

Are you local by the way..? just curious...

Yes I'm local. Why do you ask?

One more question, what is the maximum TA200 can go without changing engine oil? I would like to know (1) the maximum recommended, ie not ideal but the engine still can take it and (2) the maximum anyone has tried and what happened.

Yes I'm local. Why do you ask?

One more question, what is the maximum TA200 can go without changing engine oil? I would like to know (1) the maximum recommended, ie not ideal but the engine still can take it and (2) the maximum anyone has tried and what happened.

I asked if you are local cos IMO bike shop usually chop foreigners... ie. ang moh...

Some people say max 5000km then change, Mr. Chong says 5000km can change engine liao.

I think max is 3000km.

Ideal is 1500km - 2000km. (2k is my max)

My advice is, one bottle of say, Maxima EO maybe 16 - 26 bucks, why want to save and kenna problems? Wait here spoil there spoil even more expensive liao.

Do take into consideration that you might need to top up the EO if you plan not to change for sometime. This is because, somehow, the EO will get eaten by engine etc etc. Better run with full but dirty EO than no EO at all right?

Do take into consideration that you might need to top up the EO if you plan not to change for sometime. This is because, somehow, the EO will get eaten by engine etc etc. Better run with full but dirty EO than no EO at all right?

I don't understand how EO will be used up. Isn't it supposed to have a very high boiling point so that it will not evaporate? If not the EO itself will ignite in the heat of the engine which would be very dangerous.

I don't understand how EO will be used up. Isn't it supposed to have a very high boiling point so that it will not evaporate? If not the EO itself will ignite in the heat of the engine which would be very dangerous.

Im not sure about high boiling point for EO. I only know coolent have higher boiling point. I dunno why EO will get eaten / used up but trust me it will. This issue has been discussed before, if u really need to know, then search for it. Otherwise be like me, accept the fact. I have seen mine when it was drained out.... definitely less than what i put in. so yeah, u decide.

Read up some stuff, if keeps drying up then have to check gasket, but generally, TA200 is known to eat EO. If i am not wrong, it is because TA200 is a very hot bike, it is air cooled unlike TA150 which has a radiator... if dont eat alot should be normal ... well ... if alot then gotta check liaoz...

Hmmm rehdyh, your bike wont eat EO arh?? >.

hi everyone, i riding a TA200 and yesterday after i went jb to pump petrol(i pump till the brim(caltex gold techron)) then on the way back on the causeway,i at gear 6.. riding at 60km/h suddenly the bike like going to stall then i throttle but no power.so i drop 1 gear then i throttle..then also same. then after that the bike suddenly engine stall.then i roll to the side and stop.the feeling is like no petrol like that. then i tried everything.push start/ keep press the electric start but engine not starting,then suddenly after many tries,i manage to get the engine started by pressing the electric start .Also it was drizzling.

anyone know whats the problem? is it pump petrol too full?

thanks

It might be a case of it being too full, Thatone1 encountered this before and Ah Chong said it was too full. It might also be the rain. Might be something else. :rolleyes:

When I open throttle to accelerate then suddenly the rev become very loud but the bike seem to 'lag' in response to the throttle (pick up speed very slowly) What could be the cause? Is it very likely due to the clutch plate being worn off already?

Work to ride and ride to work :dot:

hi everyone, i riding a TA200 and yesterday after i went jb to pump petrol(i pump till the brim(caltex gold techron)) then on the way back on the causeway,i at gear 6.. riding at 60km/h suddenly the bike like going to stall then i throttle but no power.so i drop 1 gear then i throttle..then also same. then after that the bike suddenly engine stall.then i roll to the side and stop.the feeling is like no petrol like that. then i tried everything.push start/ keep press the electric start but engine not starting,then suddenly after many tries,i manage to get the engine started by pressing the electric start .Also it was drizzling.

anyone know whats the problem? is it pump petrol too full?

thanks

if it is raining..then electrical/spark leakages most likely..

other reason could be just plain bad fuel. or petrol is not flowing , choke petrol/air filter etc..

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot: