• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Ride Or Drive  

424 members have voted

1. 1. Ride Or Drive

• I drive mostly and ride for leisure
    • I ride mostly and drive for leisure
    • I drive only
    • I ride only

There is another poll in "Female Riders" section where it is questioned whether people (women in general) prefer cars to bikes......

I think the answer is obvious but is it really true that the general opinion is that bikers are poorer and people prefer to ride in cars because they see it as a more prestigious mode of transport????

Most claim that it is more dangerous.... but is it??? I have heard about the Safiras crashing into railings (along the NS Highway) and the occupants end up outside on the railings....dead.......

I believe it is all about the rider, and of course, faith..... Although I agree that bikers are more exposed, it is not necessarily more dangerous.....

yeah riders are not poorer

its jus more economical

can afford doesnt mean i cant save for a better retirement plan

ppl who drive pls be considerate to riders

spread e msg~!

David named his son Harley who many refered to "that's Harley, David's son!"

thread is fast n hard to follow, anything appreciate it if you could pm me:thumb:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow revival! :lol: changed the car to a faster one but still I bought another bike and ride to add to the bike count, because of the passion :thumb:

• 2 months later...

Myself i own a Mitsubishi Lancer EX. Recently i bought myself a CBR1000RRR cause i felt that i deserve something nice. usually i will ride to work, and leave my car at home for weekend. I mean if you're finance ok, Why not own both.

• 5 months later...
Myself i own a Mitsubishi Lancer EX. Recently i bought myself a CBR1000RRR cause i felt that i deserve something nice. usually i will ride to work, and leave my car at home for weekend. I mean if you're finance ok, Why not own both.

i dont mean you so plse dont get offended.

but the problem is many people "think" their finances are ok...

$5k - $10k per mth salary in singapore nowadays is really no big deal at all.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Once a rider always a rider!

GileraRunnerVXR200 [B][COLOR="Black"]FW9973R[/COLOR][/B] (Jul 08 ~ Sep 09) RIP Oct 09 HondaCB400VerR aka XiaoBai (Dec 09 ~ Feb 11) YamahaFazer600 aka XiaoBai2 (Dec 11 ~ Dec 13) YamahaFino (Jul 10 ~ Current)
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I rode to work and drive during weekends for family outings.... for me, the OPC is ideal... pity the cost of COE makes the scheme not worthwhile...

Going somewhere isn't why I ride... riding is why I go..

Past rides: XL100, CG110, Elsinore 125, CB175, CB250N, CX500, CBX400F, GL1000, CBX-6,

V45 Magna.

Present ride: DN-01, Spyder RT LTD

• 3 weeks later...

Less than S$200.... more than 35 years ago..... I know, I know.... not valid anymore.... but just to compare then and now.....

Going somewhere isn't why I ride... riding is why I go..

Past rides: XL100, CG110, Elsinore 125, CB175, CB250N, CX500, CBX400F, GL1000, CBX-6,

V45 Magna.

Present ride: DN-01, Spyder RT LTD

I ride to work. sometimes at weekend i drive if my parents not using car. If car COE drop i will consider buy a car for weekend. since it is just too jam to drink car on weekdays, I rather ride take half the time. weekend I need to travel in afternoon which is very hot for riding.

• 4 months later...
Me and my dad share money to buy car but ended up he drive instead. I also lazy to learn class 3, no doubt cars r safer. :smile:

For bikes, ppl hantam u, u fly. U hantam ppl, also u fly. :giddy:

Maybe tats where the excitement is for me. The thrill of riding. Hehehehe..... :cheeky:

your investment is bad, hehehe :D

---------------------------------------

room rental singapore: room rental singapore

math tuition: math tuition

singapore mrt map: singapore mrt map

• 5 weeks later...

Hmmm... strange that the term "Got more than a car?" isn't common in asia...

In most countries, having a bike is like having a rich man's toy :) I guess only in singapore because of all the high lease price (COE) you'll think bike riders are poor people...

Anyway... we're all just renting cars/bikes from the gov. none of us are really owners... 10 years rental.

But riding is definitely more fun :) even when it rains :) get one with an ABS system and you'll know what i mean :) hee hee

Hmmm... strange that the term "Got more than a car?" isn't common in asia...

In most countries, having a bike is like having a rich man's toy :) I guess only in singapore because of all the high lease price (COE) you'll think bike riders are poor people...

Anyway... we're all just renting cars/bikes from the gov. none of us are really owners... 10 years rental.

But riding is definitely more fun :) even when it rains :) get one with an ABS system and you'll know what i mean :) hee hee

when i converse with people, i realise that those who cant really afford it say that they are merely renting from the govt. These seem to be the ones who take huge loans and stretch long tenures to buy their cars.

Those who have money, somehow never see it that way.

Just my observation

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg
  • 11 months later...