SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Drive/Ride Poll

Greg

Ride Or Drive  

424 members have voted

1. 1. Ride Or Drive

• I drive mostly and ride for leisure
    • I ride mostly and drive for leisure
    • I drive only
    • I ride only

Me and my dad share money to buy car but ended up he drive instead. I also lazy to learn class 3, no doubt cars r safer. :smile:

For bikes, ppl hantam u, u fly. U hantam ppl, also u fly. :giddy:

Maybe tats where the excitement is for me. The thrill of riding. Hehehehe..... :cheeky:

http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/9274/saniboyburn0ui.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/saniboy/Ride/style.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GRMG SLEAZEFUNK

Well i dare not compare whether driving or riding is safer, however both are vehicle that are deadly and hazardous if you're unlucky or plain lucky.

My experience :

On my bike - i was hit by Taxi before, i hit a car in the expressway, i smashed onto a TAXI head on and many more.

On my car - i hit a bike before and he flew.. i ram onto a TAXI at far east because the driver jammed brake.

Who to blame ???

Well, im still alive and fine today, whatever it is, is if luck is with you. Even when we drive safely, we are being the victim and if we drive carelessly, others are the victim...

In short...

DRIVE SAME RIDE SAME .. Drive 4 Tyres and ride 2 tyres.. in fact riding is skillful then driving ,,,blah blah blah i can go on and on.. I say i POLL 50% 50% on both.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by chunah@Mar 9 2005, 04:22 PM

:giddy:

A lot of bike outing not much car outing!!!

:nono:

Because car bigger than bike hard to control if too big group go outing. :smile: :smile:

只要相信,希望就能实现。

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/61/53/27353516/35219064445952s.jpghttp://photos.friendster.com/photos/61/53/27353516/35219423462510s.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bike adv

cheap, fun, sense of freedom, easy to get around, traffic jam, stylo.....

disadv

dangerous, raining, can only tompang 1 person.....

car adv

confortable, raining, feels good, can tompang more than 1 person....

disadv

it's also dangerous, expensive, traffic jam, parking headache....

Difficult argument. I love driving. But then again, I love riding too. When I drive, I hate those motorcyclist on the road. When I ride, I hate those motorist on the road. Hmmm. Dunno man. Both also I enjoy.

Guest AngMohKia
Originally posted by haryann@Apr 26 2005, 02:18 AM

Bike adv

cheap, fun, sense of freedom, easy to get around, traffic jam, stylo.....

disadv

dangerous, raining, can only tompang 1 person.....

car adv

confortable, raining, feels good, can tompang more than 1 person....

disadv

it's also dangerous, expensive, traffic jam, parking headache....

Difficult argument. I love driving. But then again, I love riding too. When I drive, I hate those motorcyclist on the road. When I ride, I hate those motorist on the road. Hmmm. Dunno man. Both also I enjoy.

:thumb: Can't agree with you more man. I love riding but work don't allow me to ride and hence have to drive.

Just like you, when I drive, I just don't agree with some of the riders on the road. Bad Riding pattern. Sad to say but most of the dangerous riding group belongs to the smaller sports bike type (sorry but not that I am against them). I am speaking in general. :sorry:

When I ride, i hate those drivers that always have this tought in their mind i.e. "I knock you down then see who pain attitude". Mostly this group of ppl are :sorry: Women drivers as well as mostly the almost bald headed guy wearing glasses or those nerd looking ones mostly wearing Spectacles. Some damn ugly looking man.

Anyway, we ride to enjoy and hence, we have to take all the precaution to avoid any mishap. You can't educate the lousy riders/drivers, then we are better ppl who can learn to tolerate them and live another day to ride again and again.:thumb:

Originally posted by AngMohKia@Apr 26 2005, 10:28 AM

When I ride, i hate those drivers that always have this tought in their mind i.e. "I knock you down then see who pain attitude". Mostly this group of ppl are :sorry: Women drivers as well as mostly the almost bald headed guy wearing glasses or those nerd looking ones mostly wearing Spectacles. Some damn ugly looking man.

:smile:

Haha, good one!

Btw, you forgot to mention taxi drivers. Not trying to antagonise anyone, and very sorry if my comments hurt some of you guys out there. A large percentage of taxi drivers are irreponsible :nono: .

• 2 weeks later...

i only have my driving license now..still getting my 2B...

only have my dad's car to drive so i dont get to drive that often..

drivers & riders both have their fair share of black sheeps..

but have to admit that at 50kmh, a rider has a 50% chance of dying while the car has near zero...

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

• 3 months later...

oni got 2B... class 3 goin soon.

1995 - 1996 ~ Yamaha TZR125

1996 - 1999 ~ Honda CBR400RRK Hurricane

2005 - 2006 ~ Honda TA150 Phantom

2006 - 2010 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 1

2011 - 2013 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 2

2013 - 20** ~ Ducati Monster 796 ABS + Sym GTS200

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Purpose of each transport tools for me below:-

1. Online chat / conference supposed to eliminate all this pros/cons of travel associated with either machine, don't you think?

2. So my bike now becomes a leisurely machine, power between me legs sort of thing. Very dependent on the cons factor when i use it.

3. Car becomes a passenger van, moving a bunch of people pt A- Pt B. Dependent on the pros factor against the bike's cons.

4. Hmmm, thinking really deep, if i wana go places, Sg's MRT reaches almost every spot conceivable, the convenience is there, unlike bigger land mass countries where many areas are public transport blindspots. It also eliminates car's parking problems, bike's weather handicap.

So what is the moral of the story? Driving/riding as a transport issue for a country that is 40km length and 20km North to South, fitted with an extensive mass rapid transport system, the drive/bike option somehow seems only additional luxury of choice. So if you have all 4 options to utilise above, consider yourself so lucky, which i supposed most people here have, so that's nothing to complain about, REALLY.

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

嘴讲兰派爽! The World would be a better place if karma exists.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Originally posted by cougar@Nov 6 2005, 06:46 PM

Purpose of each transport tools for me below:-

1. Online chat / conference supposed to eliminate all this pros/cons of travel associated with either machine, don't you think?

2. So my bike now becomes a leisurely machine, power between me legs sort of thing. Very dependent on the cons factor when i use it.

3. Car becomes a passenger van, moving a bunch of people pt A- Pt B. Dependent on the pros factor against the bike's cons.

4. Hmmm, thinking really deep, if i wana go places, Sg's MRT reaches almost every spot conceivable, the convenience is there, unlike bigger land mass countries where many areas are public transport blindspots. It also eliminates car's parking problems, bike's weather handicap.

So what is the moral of the story? Driving/riding as a transport issue for a country that is 40km length and 20km North to South, fitted with an extensive mass rapid transport system, the drive/bike option somehow seems only additional luxury of choice. So if you have all 4 options to utilise above, consider yourself so lucky, which i supposed most people here have, so that's nothing to complain about, REALLY.

you forgot 1 very important thing...

what about the time you spend waiting & travelling?

thats the worst thing i hate about public transport.

for example, it takes me 25 minutes by bike & 15 mins by car to get back to my house from my gf's house in sengkang.

for me to take public transport, i will have to take a bus out from rivervale drive to upper serangoon road...from the busstop, walk 5 mins to hougang ave 3...from there...wait for another bus to bring me to kembangan mrt...from there...walk 10 mins to my house..

the average travel time is 30-45 mins...and i have to catch the last bus at the 2 different busstops...

if i miss it...its taxi...

and if my girlfriend wants to take a taxi here on a saturday afternoon...there is no way she can get a taxi on the road...she has to call...and that means extra charges...not to mention waiting for a taxi to respond & come...

public transport = convenience? for some people...yes...for some...definitely no.

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

• 2 weeks later...

i drive only, but just gotten my 2B one month ago..looking for a cheap bike but can say no hurry yet. i went for the expressway riding offered after u passed 2B, all i can say that it was "shiok!!" ah...nv tried a bike more than 50m/h. so that time was quite excited..:cheer:

• 2 months later...

iif ii got my driving and riding license . ii would be driving more . riding it depends . see who ii m out with . and act accordiing to mass request .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<<*--++Babylicioux Lil'Priincess--++*>>

"Everytime when ii look iin ur eyes , ii felt ii m yours . ii will alwaes love you . and onii you that ii have iin my heartt . cos uu're e boii iinsiide mii heartt ."

..+-* LOVE miiEe TeNdERz *-+..

• 6 months later...

Used to be 100% rider... turned 50% rider-cum-driver... and now 80% driver... :cheeky:

Be a master of your habits, or they will master you...

Don't let the crowd pressure you, stand for something or you'll fall for anything...

Don't be a show off when you drive, drive with safety and arrive...

God Bless all riders...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just a suggestion maybe you can add one more ride during the day and drive during the night! Heehee.. Like me hate d heavy traffic and the ERPs so I ride during the day cheaper and faster. I drive during the night co I can't stand the cold night temperature make me sneeze!!! :p

Leave the racing in the track

Orlando85

My bikes: 1st: Yamaha TZR 2nd: Honda CG 125

3rd: Hasquvana SM 125 4th: Kawa KRR

5th: Yamaha X1 6th: Suzuki GSX 400

7th: Gilera VXR 8th: Suzuki K4 750

9th: Honda CBR150 Now: KTM 200, RX-K

My cars: 1st: Mitsubishi Lancer GLX

Now: Honda Airwave

opc car + bike = most economical transportation plan in singapore

Totally agree! Dats what I did! Save alot!! :cheers:

Leave the racing in the track