Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Majesty 250/400 Cafe 2008


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

earlybird, majesty 250 also nice leh... it is good for city travelling leh. than your bigger bike can leave it for touring lor. i think adr77 is also riding a majesty 400 and yogi is riding a majesty 250 red in colour.

no active trips since 2006

Link to post
Share on other sites

hello mad cow and all

 

Nice to hear from all

 

Yes my Pertrol consumption aroun that 14+ miles per l (X1.6 for km)

 

Bike run in already..live in Simei work at NTU...a lot of km.

 

Next weekend going to kuantan for the weekend trip....long ride with one other bike.

 

Any tips

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by cikgu@Apr 22 2005, 04:38 PM

hello mad cow and all

 

Nice to hear from all

 

Yes my Pertrol consumption aroun that 14+ miles per l (X1.6 for km)

 

Bike run in already..live in Simei work at NTU...a lot of km.

 

Next weekend going to kuantan for the weekend trip....long ride with one other bike.

 

Any tips

Check coolent!! :smile:

http://www.honda.co.uk/mcStatic/en/picture/product/NT700V%20ABS%20Deauville/full06.jpg

 

Everythings comes and go, the most important is to Catch It At The RIGHT Time.

 

Bob

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Madcow1975@Apr 21 2005, 11:25 PM

Hi cikgu, i am riding a YP400 too. How is your fuel comsumption?

Mine's about 14.7 miles per liter or 23.5 km per liter.

Be careful when switching off the bike might accidently turn on the parking lights :cry:

Hi Madcow1975,

 

wats ur mileage now? mine currently at 11600miles n havin a bit of problem on the cvt transmission but fuel consumption improves from 22km/l to 24+km/l aft ard 8000miles?? does u bike vibrates much?

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by cikgu@Apr 22 2005, 04:38 PM

hello mad cow and all

 

Nice to hear from all

 

Yes my Pertrol consumption aroun that 14+ miles per l (X1.6 for km)

 

Bike run in already..live in Simei work at NTU...a lot of km.

 

Next weekend going to kuantan for the weekend trip....long ride with one other bike.

 

Any tips

shld be a breeze lah but b careful of cross wind cos our bike a bit light and doesn't seems to cut wind well. orig tyres although not very gd but tested in heavy rain on NSH to KL.

 

abt the coolant prob, unless u travelling in the noon and with heavy traffic for more than 1 hr, then it may b prone to spillage. but not to worry too cos our coolant tank have sufficient amt even after spillage.

 

cruising is recomm at 6000+rpm which u can easily hit 130+km/h and fuel consumption will be ard 21km/l.

 

njoy ur trip.:cheer:

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Man for the advice

Did the trip B4 on a Phantom TA200

 

The other Bike will be a TMAX

 

Need advice on this matters

1. Tyre inflation kit and puncture

2. What spares to bring

3. Details on coolant spillage

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by edwinT@Apr 22 2005, 05:07 PM

finally we have majesty in the forum!!! long overdue man! Cheers!

Yupe...looks like more & more Majesty coming out from their shade.

My present experience. Is the result of my past action

 

My present action, will be my future experience.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by adr77@Apr 22 2005, 08:57 PM

Hi Madcow1975,

 

wats ur mileage now? mine currently at 11600miles n havin a bit of problem on the cvt transmission but fuel consumption improves from 22km/l to 24+km/l aft ard 8000miles?? does u bike vibrates much?

Mileage is about 10500 miles. I sent the bike for an early belt change recently.

Belt + rollers about $250+, left side air filter about $40+

 

My bike also vibrates while idling but the vibration reduces while on the move.

 

So far no transmission problem as I make sure to warm up the bike before moving off and most of the time I waited until the temperature indicator to move up a notch and change the gear oil.

 

Point to note is not to pull the throttle too hard while on main stand, or else the engine warning indicator will light up. Normally the indicator will light off after riding the bike for some distance; I think the bike processor recalibrate the bike and turn off the light.

 

Any idea what is the top speed for the bike?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Madcow1975@Apr 24 2005, 04:13 PM

Mileage is about 10500 miles. I sent the bike for an early belt change recently.

Belt + rollers about $250+, left side air filter about $40+

 

My bike also vibrates while idling but the vibration reduces while on the move.

 

So far no transmission problem as I make sure to warm up the bike before moving off and most of the time I waited until the temperature indicator to move up a notch and change the gear oil.

 

Point to note is not to pull the throttle too hard while on main stand, or else the engine warning indicator will light up. Normally the indicator will light off after riding the bike for some distance; I think the bike processor recalibrate the bike and turn off the light.

 

Any idea what is the top speed for the bike?

y do u change ur belt so soon n wer did u change them at?? wat eng oil u use?

 

same as what u did on ur para 2,3.

 

never tried that.

 

Top speed is 165km/l without box n on level rd with rpm constant at 7250rpm.

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by cikgu@Apr 23 2005, 06:27 AM

Thanks Man for the advice

Did the trip B4 on a Phantom TA200

 

The other Bike will be a TMAX

 

Need advice on this matters

1. Tyre inflation kit and puncture

2. What spares to bring

3. Details on coolant spillage

i did not bring item 1,2 on my 2 trip up k.l

 

abt that coolant thing just bring a spare 500ml coolant will b more than sufficient. u may try not to put on side stand when u rest ur bike.

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wah 165kmh...max I dared go 130kmh.

 

will try to push.....this weekend.

 

I am using Esso Gold 4T, Red bottle + Mag oil

 

Its ok so far....never used others.

 

Thought of going to japan in July to buy some mod parts like handle bars and foot rests

 

What are LTA regulations on Bike modifications?

Link to post
Share on other sites

yesterday my fren helped me opened up the belt cover to chk on the belt n rollers before goin k'l this wkn. it seems that the belt still looks new only a few hairline crack was seen on the surface of the belt tooth. I think Madcow75 u really change ur belt too early as my mileage is already 18000+km. my mechanic friend told me it still can be use for another 5-7000km more.

 

on inspecting the rollers and other mechanical parts inside the belt cover, no wear n tear was found. in other words still in good condition. So Madcow75 y did u change ur rollers? was it recommended by the manual/ASP mechanic/ or u found something wrong. Care to share the reason.

 

one thing that was noted was the air filter was terribly dirty n i think my transmission problem may b due to this finding. but a few hard knocks cleared most of the dirt n now my bike is exhaling strongly again.

 

actually was intending to send my bike to yamaha service centre for the 20000km svc, but on 2nd thoughts, if my fren did not chk for me the condition of the cvt parts, u will never know y u need to chg them as in the svc center u r not allowed to see what the mech do on you bike. you are only allowed to sit in their office to wait till ur svc is completed. during the opening up process, my fren found out that one screw is missing n the rest of the screws holding the air filter box was not tight??

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778
Link to post
Share on other sites

my 250 can only go 130-140 max downslope.

this one my scooter

http://ernie25.blogs.friendster.com/photos/ernie/mahjesty4-thumb.JPGhttp://ernie25.blogs.friendster.com/photos/ernie/mahjesty3-thumb.JPGhttp://ernie25.blogs.friendster.com/photos/ernie/mahjesty2-thumb.JPGhttp://ernie25.blogs.friendster.com/photos/ernie/mahjesty1-thumb.JPGhttp://ernie25.blogs.friendster.com/photos/ernie/image251-thumb.jpghttp://ernie25.blogs.friendster.com/photos/ernie/image252-thumb.jpg

 

this one is what I do

http://ernie25.blogs.friendster.com/photos/ernie/01r1-thumb.JPGhttp://ernie25.blogs.friendster.com/photos/ernie/triangle-thumb.JPGhttp://ernie25.blogs.friendster.com/photos/ernie/red_honda-thumb.JPGhttp://ernie25.blogs.friendster.com/photos/ernie/haya-thumb.JPGhttp://ernie25.blogs.friendster.com/photos/ernie/gsxr-thumb.JPGhttp://weixiang.yenallia.net/images/ernie4.gif

Take a look at my works

Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason why is because I had miss-calculated the mileage and had before hand told the bike shop to order the parts in.

And since I am free recently, I decided to change out the belt. The rollers are change out together as I don’t want the hassle to go for servicing again.

Well I had kept the old belt for spares.

However I had miss out changing the right side air filter... Did you check yours? Is it dirty?

One thing to note is the fuel consumption is around 25km/l now

:cheer:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys

Just came back from Kuantan

220miles (320km)....had to top up once at Mersing.

Max Speed 140 kmh about 7000rpm

Road is curvy till mersing after that straight.....4 Hours excluding breaks

 

Nice....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Madcow1975@May 1 2005, 02:25 AM

The reason why is because I had miss-calculated the mileage and had before hand told the bike shop to order the parts in.

And since I am free recently, I decided to change out the belt. The rollers are change out together as I don’t want the hassle to go for servicing again.

Well I had kept the old belt for spares.

However I had miss out changing the right side air filter... Did you check yours? Is it dirty?

One thing to note is the fuel consumption is around 25km/l now

:cheer:

jus change my air, oil filter yesterday at a shop near emminent plaza. was charged 45 for air n 18 for oil filter. the latter was more X than hong leong which cost only 12+.

 

I too overlook abt my R/H air filter. but upon inspection, it is defintely cleaner than the L/H one. any idea the R/H air duct goes to which part of the bike??

 

after the wkn trip to k.l which i cruise at 130km/h+, it seems my bike becomes more fuel efficient when i back on SGP rd which the most i ride at 100km/h. currently at near 25km/l. :cheer:

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by cikgu@May 3 2005, 08:27 PM

Hello guys

Just came back from Kuantan

220miles (320km)....had to top up once at Mersing.

Max Speed 140 kmh about 7000rpm

Road is curvy till mersing after that straight.....4 Hours excluding breaks

 

Nice....

hi mate, so was it fun with to ride on YP400. how much rest did u took and did u cruise at 140km/h all the way?? but y at 7000rpm when u shld have hit 150km/h.

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by chua_chee_keong@May 3 2005, 10:04 PM

Hope all Majesty's rider will make it for this Friday Newbies meet up. :cheer:

will try to pop by cos got something else on.

 

So madcow1975, cikgu u all goin?

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...