SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Majesty 250/400 Cafe 2008

cikgu

Originally posted by @h_LoNg@January 29, 2007 11:19 am

Hi JeetKuneDo,

Most of us (if not all) visit wonderful motor. Its located at 494 macpherson road.

He is sharing the shop with some others. So, if u happen to go there, look for botak onli. Not others.

Botak most of the time is in the shop ? any1 got contact of Botak ?

wats his name? i call him botak like funny eh...dno him call him botak :sweat:

2004 Jan - 2007 Feb - Yamaha RXZ FT*921U

2007 Feb - 2008 June - Yamaha Majesty 250 MK1 FQ822*A

2008 Jul - Present - MP3 250 FBB7122

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I havn't the time to go down yet actually. If it comes with the air-vent, i'll get it.

Anyways, my bike having more and more noises... "Chuf chuf chuf" coming from the wheels, " tick tick tick" coming from somewhere else.

You guys meeting up anytime? Maybe you guys can help me see if theres anything wrong, or maybe its just me being paranoid. :D

Originally posted by JeetKuneDo@January 29, 2007 10:43 pm

Botak most of the time is in the shop ? any1 got contact of Botak ?

wats his name? i call him botak like funny eh...dno him call him botak :sweat:

Eh... i also dunno his name... Every1 calls him botak...

BUT he is onli botak in name, in fact he has lots of hair over his head :sweat:

I'll pm u his contact no. :smile:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/VoxArcana/Forum%20Signatures/ManUtdChampions.png

2002 - 2004 HonDa SP

2004 - 2006 HoNdA S4 VtEc 1

2006 - 2007 YaMahA MaJesTy 250 MK2

2007 Current HoNDa SliVerWinG 400

Originally posted by nE0@January 29, 2007 10:44 pm

I havn't the time to go down yet actually. If it comes with the air-vent, i'll get it.

Anyways, my bike having more and more noises... "Chuf chuf chuf" coming from the wheels, " tick tick tick" coming from somewhere else.

You guys meeting up anytime? Maybe you guys can help me see if theres anything wrong, or maybe its just me being paranoid. :D

We seldom organise meetup 1 leh...

Cos we usually for nothing will go disturb botak's shop.

hang out there to wash bike, talk tok etc...

So, i guess tats our meetup ba....

U r always welcome to join us there :smile:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/VoxArcana/Forum%20Signatures/ManUtdChampions.png

2002 - 2004 HonDa SP

Originally posted by nE0@January 29, 2007 10:44 pm

Hi Neo,

It took me a while to figure out the "chuf chuf" noise - the noise is caused by the slicing of air between front disc/pad/and whatever that will resonate. You will realise that at different speed it sounds a little "slower" or "faster" but still same frequency. I think it is different for all bikes, I am riding my friend's Super 4 and it makes a roaring noise that stays the same at whatever speed, like wise my Virago makes a whining noise .. I think its all safe :)

"tick tick" .. hmmm .. when moving or after u shut down engine? I notice that after a long ride, shutting down will cause a "tick tick" noise from the exhaust as it cools off .. reminds me of riding air cool bikes when the engine will make the same "cooling noise"...

Hope this settles you a bit .. :) but gd to check if you want to

Guest bomerman81
Originally posted by @h_LoNg@January 30, 2007 09:15 am

We seldom organise meetup 1 leh...

Cos we usually for nothing will go disturb botak's shop.

hang out there to wash bike, talk tok etc...

So, i guess tats our meetup ba....

U r always welcome to join us there :smile:

yup yup get many pple going down to botak shop for kopi and tok c*** session there... feel free to join us anytime

Guest bomerman81
Originally posted by JeetKuneDo@January 29, 2007 12:45 am

hi all,

which bike shop do you all recommend to service majesty ?

wonderful motors /future scootering?

i wana do a full servicing and thorough check on the majesty that i taking over.

advice needed. thanks

bro do give him a call b4 u go down k!!! :smile:

Originally posted by bomerman81@January 30, 2007 01:22 pm

bro do give him a call b4 u go down k!!! :smile:

the shop opening hours on sat is ?

call him before goin down? Reason Being ?

2004 Jan - 2007 Feb - Yamaha RXZ FT*921U

2007 Feb - 2008 June - Yamaha Majesty 250 MK1 FQ822*A

2008 Jul - Present - MP3 250 FBB7122

Originally posted by JeetKuneDo@January 30, 2007 08:11 pm

the shop opening hours on sat is ?

call him before goin down? Reason Being ?

His is open til 8pm+/- on weekdays. Sat tink its ard 6pm.

Like wat i say, botak is sharing the shop with others. Thus by callin him 1st, u sure wont get the wrong guy.

Also, botak is one man show, Sometimes veri busy.

So by makin a call to him beforehand, u can check wit him whether he is free to attend to ur bike or whether does he has the particular spare part that u need. Like tat wun waste a trip down ma...

2002 - 2004 HonDa SP

Guest bomerman81
Originally posted by @h_LoNg@January 30, 2007 09:09 pm

His is open til 8pm+/- on weekdays. Sat tink its ard 6pm.

Like wat i say, botak is sharing the shop with others. Thus by callin him 1st, u sure wont get the wrong guy.

Also, botak is one man show, Sometimes veri busy.

So by makin a call to him beforehand, u can check wit him whether he is free to attend to ur bike or whether does he has the particular spare part that u need. Like tat wun waste a trip down ma...

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Originally posted by unocvin@January 30, 2007 12:27 pm

Hi Neo,

It took me a while to figure out the "chuf chuf" noise - the noise is caused by the slicing of air between front disc/pad/and whatever that will resonate. You will realise that at different speed it sounds a little "slower" or "faster" but still same frequency. I think it is different for all bikes, I am riding my friend's Super 4 and it makes a roaring noise that stays the same at whatever speed, like wise my Virago makes a whining noise .. I think its all safe :)

"tick tick" .. hmmm .. when moving or after u shut down engine? I notice that after a long ride, shutting down will cause a "tick tick" noise from the exhaust as it cools off .. reminds me of riding air cool bikes when the engine will make the same "cooling noise"...

Hope this settles you a bit .. :) but gd to check if you want to

Well, the noise goes away when I brake, so I guess its a warped front disc. Can hear the rubbing when I spin the wheel by hand too. No biggie, I don't take the bike above 80 often.

But whats more worrying is the ticking noise, sounds like a bad wheel bearing or valve slap. When was the last time valve clearance was checked?

Btw, the oil light came on today, how often does it come on?

The bike is great so far. i've never ridden a maxi scoot before, having riden only cruisers, streetbikes and sportbikes all without boxes, the gigantic space is something new to me. :D

Hi Neo,

Oil change light comes on every 3K .. and since its change every 1k+, thats no worry, just reset when it lights.

Tick tick noise .. hmmm when engine is runnin? .. does it change with road speed or engine speed? I have not done the valves clearance for this scoot but from working with Mk1, one can't hear the tappets unless the body work is removed.

The other "tick" sound I can think of is the fuel pump. But that again is not loud and unless you squat on the left side of the scoot at idle, you can hear the pump go every few seconds ..

Wheel bearings are fine when I checked ... hmm .. give me a call this evening, let's try to identify the problem

Originally posted by nE0@January 31, 2007 12:51 am

The bike is great so far. i've never ridden a maxi scoot before, having riden only cruisers, streetbikes and sportbikes all without boxes, the gigantic space is something new to me. :D

Ah, welcome to the 'dark' side! :D

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by unocvin@January 31, 2007 09:05 am

Hi Neo,

Oil change light comes on every 3K .. and since its change every 1k+, thats no worry, just reset when it lights.

Tick tick noise .. hmmm when engine is runnin? .. does it change with road speed or engine speed? I have not done the valves clearance for this scoot but from working with Mk1, one can't hear the tappets unless the body work is removed.

The other "tick" sound I can think of is the fuel pump. But that again is not loud and unless you squat on the left side of the scoot at idle, you can hear the pump go every few seconds ..

Wheel bearings are fine when I checked ... hmm .. give me a call this evening, let's try to identify the problem

The ticking noise gets louder as the engine revs goes up. Its getting more and more jerky when accelerating gently from 0-20 too.

But I think its just me being paranoid. I'm hearing weird noises from my two month old bike too :D

No time la, working till eveningtime everyday,...

Anyway, I traced the source of the ticking noise already. its the airbox! Must be missing one or two screws...

Guest bomerman81
Originally posted by nE0@February 02, 2007 12:35 am

No time la, working till eveningtime everyday,...

Anyway, I traced the source of the ticking noise already. its the airbox! Must be missing one or two screws...

:thumb: :thumb:

hmmm hi guys i'm looking for a majesty yp 250

so trying my luck here see if any going to let go of his bike :D ...

but i'm abit on budget so looking for a cheap one :)

pm me if u got one ...

MY RIDING HISTORY

Aug 2005~Sep 2006 - Honda SP 150

Sep 2006~Jan 2007 - Honda CB400 Vtec3

Feb 2007~Present - Honda Phantom 150

Jun 2008 ~ Jul 2008 - Honda CBR1000RR

Jul 2008 ~ Jan 2010 - Honda CB400 Vtec3

Aug 2010 ~ Present - PIAGGO Nexus 300ie

Sep 2008 ~ Present - Project Nissan Sunny

Originally posted by echris108@January 16, 2007 05:27 pm

hi,anybody happen to c any majesty 400 on sale at any bike shops?thinking of trading in my bike.

ASP serangoon should have 1.

saw one the other day.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/S1030017.jpg (Nite Mode)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/Daymode-1.jpg(Day Mode)

Always Contactable at 92745438

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

Originally posted by HondaSP@February 02, 2007 08:06 pm

hmmm hi guys i'm looking for a majesty yp 250

so trying my luck here see if any going to let go of his bike :D ...

but i'm abit on budget so looking for a cheap one :)

pm me if u got one ...

try dexing motors saw one advertised on papers past few days.

not sure if it’s MK1/2 though.:smile:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

Originally posted by firestorm_33@February 03, 2007 09:33 am

ASP serangoon should have 1.

saw one the other day.

FY plate Grey colour?

Originally posted by ah_huats@February 03, 2007 09:38 am

FY plate Grey colour?

not sure leh.... just passed by there and got a glimse of it.... yo you going down later?

Originally posted by firestorm_33@February 03, 2007 09:46 am

not sure leh.... just passed by there and got a glimse of it.... yo you going down later?

No time leh ...

Quite busy with school and looking for job...

last 3 mths liao .

Originally posted by ah_huats@February 03, 2007 10:00 am

No time leh ...

Quite busy with school and looking for job...

last 3 mths liao .

i see i see..... ok got to log out now.... going down liao.... if later got time come down lor....:cheer: