SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki Impulse GSX 400

Zon

Originally posted by nE0@Jun 21 2005, 10:43 PM

Alrighty.. Guess I should try to refrain from revving it past 5krpms then. Try to get 24km/litre :D

Lolz, I was hitting 24km/l when I first got the bike. Change gears ard 3k rpm. Its really uncle style riding.

Nowadays, changing ard 6-7k rpm. Shiok!!

But drop to 20-21km/l. Street riding.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pc583423301d0eeaec1cdc614deb298dc/fa468109.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest NickyBoy

Yups, I'm riding the GSX400 Impulse not the sports version.

Me old man liow, won't look nice on the sports version.

Hehe...

• 2 months later...

been riding the Impulse for the past 4 years also- nothing spectacular about the ride but looks great and damn solid build.. problem free so far and parts are dirt cheap. getting about 18-22km per litre...

thinking of changing to steel braided brakelines at lavender- should cost less than $200 for dual disc. anyone interested too?

• 1 month later...

hi, we seldom meetup. But jus pm me if u wan to meet for coffee or something. Im fine with it.

For the manual, I have the owner's guide, not the servicing one. I can zap a copy for you if u wan. BTW, still owe one of the guys here a copy of it. Will zap 2 copies then.

For the air, is there a sticker at the chain guard? It should state the correct pressure.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pc583423301d0eeaec1cdc614deb298dc/fa468109.jpg

Originally posted by Zon@Nov 7 2005, 02:41 PM

hi, we seldom meetup. But jus pm me if u wan to meet for coffee or something. Im fine with it.

For the manual, I have the owner's guide, not the servicing one. I can zap a copy for you if u wan. BTW, still owe one of the guys here a copy of it. Will zap 2 copies then.

For the air, is there a sticker at the chain guard? It should state the correct pressure.

ok

there is no sticker there .

i dun have the impulse word on the fuel tank but i do have the GSX cover .;

i've attached a pic of my bike ..:smile:

nice ?

Do you guys have trouble starting the bike in the morning? I seem to need to full trottle it before the engine can fire, like asif the carbs dry out overnight..

Originally posted by 168km/h@Nov 7 2005, 03:24 PM

ok

there is no sticker there .

i dun have the impulse word on the fuel tank but i do have the GSX cover .;

i've attached a pic of my bike ..:smile:

nice ?

ya, nice and shiny. Likes the metal peice at the sides.

For the tyre, my sticker states.. solo, front 29psi, back 33psi.

Dual riding, front 29, back 36.

Originally posted by 168km/h@Nov 14 2005, 10:32 AM

when is the last time u change ur battary ?

maybe its time to change a new 1 ?:sweat:

I changed Battery and rectifier recently. I think its the weather, because if it doesn't rain, then its much easier to start... :thumb:

Originally posted by 168km/h@Nov 15 2005, 03:22 PM

i have a spare GSXRR rectifier, can it be fitted in to a GSX-V ?

rectifier, yes, but need some modification.

CDI, no.

Originally posted by 168km/h@Nov 15 2005, 03:22 PM

think i better change my battary also ....

i turn trottle that headlight lights up

does this means the battary is loosing power ?

i have a spare GSXRR rectifier, can it be fitted in to a GSX-V ?

Well, thats normal, means your charging system is working, but battery might be alittle weak. Try charging it overnight, if it doesn't improve then change it.

If your lights become DIMMER when revving, somethings very wrong already. Last time it happened to me I had to change both rectifier and battery.

what is the market price for this bike?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/fleaz/_MG_5656-1.jpg

Honda Phantom TA200 [FT73*2H][2005-2007]

Honda XR400 [FN9*32Y][2007]

Aprilia Atlantic [FX751*K][2007-2008]

Toyota Camry [2011-2013]

Mitsubishi Lancer [2013-2014]

we live in the back, ride at the back -BSR

Hey Charlie....

Wanna arrange a meetup one of these Friday?

Passed a copy of the owner's manual to Jonathan last week... mentioned about ideas to "mob" and make the bike look better....

How?... wanna work at it?

I think somewhere in town more convenient for all.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Roy

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by I am Roy@Nov 18 2005, 08:43 AM

Hey Charlie....

Wanna arrange a meetup one of these Friday?

Passed a copy of the owner's manual to Jonathan last week... mentioned about ideas to "mob" and make the bike look better....

How?... wanna work at it?

I think somewhere in town more convenient for all.

Cheers!

Thanks Roy, really appreciate your manual- been looking for ages!! Hope to meet up with u and charlie soon to brainstorm over some nice mods to the impulse.

For those with battery trouble, suggest that u change your battery every 3 years or so. only $45 for original Yuasa from Ah Boy shop.

Also check your fuses- recently had a boo-boo: bike died n thought was gone ; diagnose everything but the master fuse. heck, even got it towed for $20. if you open up your right side cover, its the green fuse with the number 30A on it. Hope this helps. Generally Impulse very hardy machine and can probably last u a long time with relatively inexpensive servicing.

wah...i see u join d impulse gang liao ar...ci bey kin.....eh,ur bike died on u ar...y nvr ko...maybe petrol finish...dat time oso wen i took out frm shop like tat...i dnt turn the fuel c*** to ON....so it was riding on reserve all the while till petrol totally empty...lol:faint:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/khamizAJ/heymonkeyassdoesthisapprovetobeanalbumname/soloride192-1.jpghttp://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/khamizAJ/DSC-0049-2-1.jpg

For a person like me who spends his time more facing the monitor than out there doing justice on adventure....

We seek nothing more,nothing less....just passion.

no la call for what.... restart bike many times man....

in the end it was the clutch ignition thingy!

went to "sambong" both wire together!

now starts up w/o the clutch!!! power arh...hahahahah

last time had a hard time trying to freaking get the "biting" point merely to start up the bike for 20mins at multi-storey!!!

contact points were way out of service limit already!

now no worries.. put me in a vietnamese chu-chu tunnel also can start lolololololololololololololol

retro-looking also, now left to dread lock my hair can already

how's the The Damn-power Model?

damn shiok right?

put some H & B aluminium side boxes can go thailand ready!!

bullet proof somemore no need scared straying bullets for "GUERILLAS"

:thumb:

looking for drz parts, any parts will do!