SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki Impulse GSX 400

Zon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi to all Suzuki Impulse GSX 400 riders,

I had been following up with this post regularly. im quite interested and had added it into my shortlist, but care to answer some questions.???

1) I would like to put side box for my class 2A bike. Will Impulse looks good, comments ??

2) ZON can pls post more pic abt ur bike ?? (with side box)

3) which class 2A bike will look good with side box ??

will be waiting for ur reply

thx for the time

Originally posted by tricx@May 18 2006, 02:36 PM

Hi to all Suzuki Impulse GSX 400 riders,

I had been following up with this post regularly. im quite interested and had added it into my shortlist, but care to answer some questions.???

1) I would like to put side box for my class 2A bike. Will Impulse looks good, comments ??

2) ZON can pls post more pic abt ur bike ?? (with side box)

3) which class 2A bike will look good with side box ??

will be waiting for ur reply

thx for the time

Harlo~

1) Side boxes will actually look better on cruiser type. Impulse is pretty ok as the pipe is low, unlike S4 where the pipe is higher, thus the boxes have to be installed higher.

2) You can refer to page 4 where I posted a couple woth side boxes. Sorry, no more as my bike in workshop.. accident with car coming out of parking lot. His mistake...

Other things are, you might have a harder time to find an impulse. Most are keep in workshop and not maintained properly. If you really cannot find, I can check with my prev motorshop. Should be ard $2k plus. Jus prepare extra $500-1000 to change the wear and tear items such as tyres, bearings, spockets & chain, brake pads, coolant and so on.

If really installing side boxes, try to get SK to do them. They charge ard $300-500 for stainless steel customised brackets. These really can withstand crushes unlike other types, esp Ah boy which breaks in a fall. This is more for safety reason.

Of course, if you just want a bike to ride and spend min amount, you can do that too.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pc583423301d0eeaec1cdc614deb298dc/fa468109.jpg

Originally posted by Octega@May 25 2006, 01:56 PM

Yo Zon, how about the bike handling with 2 side boxes? With one box full, the other side empty :confused:

How big is ur side boxes ah? BTW, I think Impulse with side boxes look cool :thumb:

if one box full, its ok. But if 1 box is heavy, then its a different story.

Think my boxes are 42L each.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pc583423301d0eeaec1cdc614deb298dc/fa468109.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

understand you guys are fabricating the k and n air filter. I remembered my gsx 1400 had the same stock air filter that the impulse 400. Since k and n has a filter for the gsx1400, maybe its worth checking if it can be used on the impulse.

I am %100 sure my stock air filter is the same part number as the impuse 400. Cause I got the impulse 400 filter from ah boy.

Hope this helps

"Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing"

Originally posted by gargantua@Jun 18 2006, 04:00 PM

I am %100 sure my stock air filter is the same part number as the impuse 400. Cause I got the impulse 400 filter from ah boy.

Hope this helps

interested in the K&N for impulse- how about a Mass Order and see if we can get some discounts?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All GSX riders!

Happen to see this posting after not visiting this site for a long time. I also own a GSX 1200.

I am working in Penang now but will be returning to SGP in August. Hope to meet up with you guys when there is a gathering. I need to dress up my bike so maybe can get some tips from all bros here.

We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Extracts from “An old woman”

http://www.motorcyclesdetails.info/motorcycles/img/1172_0.jpg

1994 Suzuki GSX400V Impulse-S...

Too bad this model issn't available. I like the head fairing!

Anyways, any of you guys got the stock mirrors lying around?

• 6 months later...
Originally posted by nE0@January 19, 2007 01:23 am

Hey Samir > You still using the mirrors or horns?

If not, can give em to me? :D

Hi nEO: i m still using the mirrors. Horns, I may change down to something less loud: I will let you know if I do. Bike still at the shop: suspension not found yet.

Do you want Hayabusa forks? With brakes too. 6 pot calipers.

http://www.superstreetbike.com/custombikes/030_0309_24s+2001_suzuki_hayabusa+brakes_view.jpg

Originally posted by nE0@January 20, 2007 07:09 pm

http://www.superstreetbike.com/custombikes/030_0309_24s+2001_suzuki_hayabusa+brakes_view.jpg

SMS me the price and other details: will let you know by Monday.

thanks.

Originally posted by nE0@January 20, 2007 07:09 pm

huh? can use?

think its been a while since we last met- how about a coffee session this friday at Katong Village again ( ex police station)??

Originally posted by texas5@January 23, 2007 12:27 pm

huh? can use?

think its been a while since we last met- how about a coffee session this friday at Katong Village again ( ex police station)??

Hi Texas5: bike shop said cannot use.

P.S. Would love to join you guys, but my bike still being done up. Maybe your next outing...

yeah guys, wuld like to meet up too..,aniwae, need the gurus here,where and how much can i get the engine crash bar or any crash bar before i crash..thanz dudes.

xr200/ypvs125/ts200/ypvs350/nsr250/fz400/kdx200/Vespasprint/kle400/gsx400v&cg125...wat else i wanna ride...

,,,RIDE TILL U PUKE BAY BEY!!!!

Originally posted by fearless@January 25, 2007 09:23 am

yeah guys, wuld like to meet up too..,aniwae, need the gurus here,where and how much can i get the engine crash bar or any crash bar before i crash..thanz dudes.

ask charlie- think he got it from Seng Kwang.