SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki Impulse GSX 400

Zon

hahaha...ok kewl...btw,yest went up 2ndlink/....saw tis man wit impulse...looks kewl ar...but his bike i thk go trail or smethg....dirty man...

The Damn Machine rawks....hehehe

btw,if u wan to fit wingrack for ur bike...got a frd selling...100bux...call me if u r interested...den can put sidecases...:thumb:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/khamizAJ/heymonkeyassdoesthisapprovetobeanalbumname/soloride192-1.jpghttp://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/khamizAJ/DSC-0049-2-1.jpg

For a person like me who spends his time more facing the monitor than out there doing justice on adventure....

We seek nothing more,nothing less....just passion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by desmondspencer@Dec 5 2005, 11:21 AM

wa... so garang arh going tothe forest looking for thai girls20.00?

or you looking for Charlize Theron in Mighty Joe Young?

both of which has been "dapat-ed" by yours truely!!!!

anyway seen very few on the road maybe scrapped/exported already

cos i heard that 97 model was recently shipped to indonesia fro 1250.00 only

and they can bllody ride it there till the engine drops dead!

anyone knows where to service or repair Impulse?

not sure which shop but guess there's someones father doing it or something in a shop????

true???

advise anyone???

thanks

:thumb:

school start liao no time to wash ....

u can get all the parts u need for suzuki at KS .

shop behind LAB .

damper? wats that? U mean a steering damper?

I only install fork brace, no damper.

As for gounding cable, I did it before, below is my remarks posted last year.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....pic=58199&st=30

Riding a suzuki Impulse 400cc.

Which is very similar to Super4.

My mech advised me to install grounding cables in bikes over 3 years. Following his advice, My bike's acceleration does feel alot smoother!

His reasoning is this, bikes' wires which are over 3years, will be degraded. Unable to conduct elec effectively. Thus, by installing grounding cable, provides better voltage across the bike.

I install immed following his advice, cos I had changed my rectifier before due to charging issues.. End up, my rectifier was ok, only the wiring from rectifier to batt was too old. Thus, I do believe my grounding cables were lousy also.

Spent $80 includes installation, its grounding cables, not modified speaker cables...

Best part, if u sell ur bike away, can dismantle ur cable and install into new bike. Really feel this is worth while.

My 2cents worth.

BTW, bike shop was HKL.

Oh ya, jus sent in my bike to bikelab for suspension, will see how it goes.

Think Jonathan ever did his suspension before.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pc583423301d0eeaec1cdc614deb298dc/fa468109.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm just for all of u out there who still on this muscle bike..Impulse GSX-400 Recon model.. i been using this bike since jun 1997-oct2004(Red/Black) is was a totally damn good bike.. it only thing is the engine is very rough.. my experience was Please check ur engine oil b4 u guys wanna to try to pump for top speed.. i've broke the piston shaft and burn the crank shaft ...but b4 all that happen i had tried on this baby up to 220km/h without using clutch just gear up.. surperb for a musle bike like this .. even wen i test with all super4 not spec2-3 all i gigit(they lost)... The fast pick up and the distance that make it a better bike then S4 bike.. and also at that time the last few years of insurance that i paid was seriously $83 only.... hahaha it was a laughing matter among my fellow friends... But it true... Ok guys.. REMEMBER THIS!! just change the really needed parts,regularly change engine oil , air filter ,oil filter(donot buy at LAB)get it from agent and please stay to original spark plug twin head split fire NGK..... no need for a modification.. this bike is only mean for VINTAGE bike .. NOT speed bike.. for those bike that have not been for service.. please do a top blog service do change the timing chain.. and also the rectifier coz it time to change.. And advice DO GO TO GUAN HOE at Eunos Ind they know what to do.. 7years riding GSX-400 Impulse and now on

GSX-R1000K3 Well done suzuki... Suzuki will Rule the world....

Great to hear good things about the Impulse!

Din know th top speed was 220km... isit stable at tat speed? I only try 190km top, and tat was my max.

Jus back from penang.. no worries, jus pump petrol and go. Only thing is, my setting is too rich, maybe I should pay guan hoe a visit.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pc583423301d0eeaec1cdc614deb298dc/fa468109.jpg

I run my bike with 15/40, sometimes 20/40 engine oil too. I don't think it really matters due to our warm weather, but more importantly is to change the engine oil often.

impulse can hit 190? Hmmm. I wouldn't want to try with the current condition of my suspension, but mine can do 190, probably would be better if the exhaust is not damaged and leaky.

Originally posted by nE0@Dec 27 2005, 02:39 PM

I run my bike with 15/40, sometimes 20/40 engine oil too. I don't think it really matters due to our warm weather, but more importantly is to change the engine oil often.

impulse can hit 190? Hmmm. I wouldn't want to try with the current condition of my suspension, but mine can do 190, probably would be better if the exhaust is not damaged and leaky.

Jus did my suspension with bike lab... they did a good job with the rear suspension, but with the front, it was .......

If u wan to do ur suspension, suggest going for the rear, and get someone else do the front.

No offence to bikelab.

Originally posted by Sandarago@Dec 28 2005, 06:16 PM

WAh Liow... bike price 3K??? Do you guys know how much did i get for trade in??? $800 ONLY!!! What a day light robbery....

where u went for the trade in ???? :giddy:

Originally posted by Sandarago@Dec 28 2005, 06:16 PM

WAh Liow... bike price 3K??? Do you guys know how much did i get for trade in??? $800 ONLY!!! What a day light robbery....

tats crazy...

Most likely, they are importing it overseas.. So they take in cheap. But if selling locally, most bike shops will still sell ard $2.5k to $3k plus...

after reading thru e threads, suzuki impluse seems like a good option for 2A bike

then I read thru e garade sale and saw a member adv to sell his 93 Suzuki Bandit 400

can help me out here?

if I like to ride e 2A bike I will be getting for

1) 2 to 3 years

2) bring it in ride on NSH

should I consider Suzuki Bandit?

Thanks in advance

2002-2006: PX 150

2006-Present: Hyper Vtec

• 2 weeks later...

HI ALL,

1. i just changed my plugs a while ago & noticed that the left plug is of an unsual colour than the other 3 plugs. (does it need a top block overhaul)

2. at times when i turn the bugger on i can hear something like a small stone or something somewhere near the top block (something must be wrong somewhere)

3. once i tried to start NO GO had to bloddy push start the bugger on an inclined carpark on 2nd gear hahahaha, it started and the e-start is still ok till today

4. my rear brake seems to feel like there's something "chopping" the disc when you ride it for too long. could it be that the disc is bent? cos i changed the rear brake shoe & found out that the caliper is beyong repair (a 2nd hand caliper/brake disc anyone selling?) or is it my rear wheel bearing?

5. tank is leaking already anyone know where to get a second hand and will even consider a new one!

6. lastly can some kind soul point out the shop guan hoe @ eunos or something right?

help me out guys cos i noobie at road bikes man.... :help: :help: :help:

thanks

looking for drz parts, any parts will do!

Originally posted by desmondspencer@Jan 6 2006, 03:19 PM

HI ALL,

1. i just changed my plugs a while ago & noticed that the left plug is of an unsual colour than the other 3 plugs. (does it need a top block overhaul)

2. at times when i turn the bugger on i can hear something like a small stone or something somewhere near the top block (something must be wrong somewhere)

3. once i tried to start NO GO had to bloddy push start the bugger on an inclined carpark on 2nd gear hahahaha, it started and the e-start is still ok till today

4. my rear brake seems to feel like there's something "chopping" the disc when you ride it for too long. could it be that the disc is bent? cos i changed the rear brake shoe & found out that the caliper is beyong repair (a 2nd hand caliper/brake disc anyone selling?) or is it my rear wheel bearing?

5. tank is leaking already anyone know where to get a second hand and will even consider a new one!

6. lastly can some kind soul point out the shop guan hoe @ eunos or something right?

help me out guys cos i noobie at road bikes man.... :help: :help: :help:

thanks

Omg... u seems to have picked a lousy maintained bike...

Did u buy this alone or asked frens to help u view?

This tuesday is a holiday, lets meet up in the afternoon or evening for coffee, and i will try to help you. As for the address of Guan Hoe, I only have the contact, u can call them for the address. 6746 5910

Pm me ur contact if u wan to meet up for coffee on tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

sum1 selling away his fq-plate impulse for 3k in the garage sectn..nice bike n well-maintained :cheer:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/camounation/saLem77.jpg

MY RIDES

RXZ135 botoL powered / WR200 FMF powered - RXZ D CLUB

SUPER4 VTEC2 Micron powered - S4M

R1 '07 LE Akrapovic powered

HAYABUSA '99 Scorpion powered - SgBusaRiderz

SUPER4 PB1 / 125z Rockstar

RXZ135 Japan-modeL 6-speed lemang powered

carousell.com/shasalem.biz :D