SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

V-Strom (650cc & 1000cc)

tranZition

It's official now. Took onwership of a used K5 Vee. First ride earlier along TPE. Nice thumping sound coming from the Vtwin. Very torquey too. Must however get used to the high rev engine. Can I ask what's the recommended RPM for gear change? Look forward to meet up soon.

rpm 4 and above change gear

about idling rpm 1000 then you can whack till "16000"rpm if you want.

close throttle when u change gear...unlesws u want to wheelie

Life sux..Take control ..and live it and pick yourselves up now.. die later

if the roads end ....i go off road

Honda Shadow ACE 400 1997

V-strom 1k

Dr 200

"Bikers Don't bleed, we mark our territory"...

"Bikers Don't leave our body behind , we just a smear on the road"

"Bikers Don't cry When we Die, we just let others do it on our behalf"

"Bikers Don't stop Riding,We keep cruzing after we Die"

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official now. Took onwership of a used K5 Vee. First ride earlier along TPE. Nice thumping sound coming from the Vtwin. Very torquey too. Must however get used to the high rev engine. Can I ask what's the recommended RPM for gear change? Look forward to meet up soon.

rpm 4 and above change gear

about idling rpm 1000 then you can whack till "16000"rpm if you want.

close throttle when u change gear...unlesws u want to wheelie

V-strom 1k

Dr 200

No wheelie.. not so adventurous. Still coping with its power and torque. Anyway, for conversation sake, how many kilometres can she fetch per full tank? Should help to monitor that she's operating normal.

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

No wheelie.. not so adventurous. Still coping with its power and torque. Anyway, for conversation sake, how many kilometres can she fetch per full tank? Should help to monitor that she's operating normal.

it depends on the throttle control...it's as bad as 12km/l to 26km/l at 220km/h thru 70km/h (8000rpm thru 2500rpm)

and tire pressure, clean or unclean air filter, new or old oil... on average it's about 200 miles or 360km

but be careful when u go full bore.....250km si liao

V-strom 1k

Dr 200

it depends on the throttle control...it's as bad as 12km/l to 26km/l at 220km/h thru 70km/h (8000rpm thru 2500rpm)

and tire pressure, clean or unclean air filter, new or old oil... on average it's about 200 miles or 360km

but be careful when u go full bore.....250km si liao

Thanks for the info. I guess 360km is not a bad return for the power and stature it offers. Speed wise, I don't think I will even hit 180km/h (maybe too early to say. Haha). Structurely I find it a little too tall for that speed. In anycase, how fast have the bros gone on the Strom?

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

Thanks for the info. I guess 360km is not a bad return for the power and stature it offers. Speed wise, I don't think I will even hit 180km/h (maybe too early to say. Haha). Structurely I find it a little too tall for that speed. In anycase, how fast have the bros gone on the Strom?

with fork brace 2up n box 200 stable. 220 max i tried solo bare no box bike can still go but rideralreadi lost his ball

V-strom 1k

Dr 200

Stock i only go180 max after that wobblr

V-strom 1k

Dr 200

Don't speak too soon..For all you know it, you will hit 200 km/h. :cheeky:

190 Km/h max for me on the Wee.

My Wee.... My Journey.... My Adventure....

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab262/mafitra/shukor_fhdrMedium.jpg

VSTROM SINGAPORE

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125329690831574&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=125329690831574&ref=ts

Dont bluff ah 220km/hr. Think ur speedo something wrong.

I thinks so too...it's the Vee , how can it be.... :lol:

http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,10828.0.html

Edited by ChaoPuzzy1968

V-strom 1k

Dr 200

Don't speak too soon..For all you know it, you will hit 200 km/h. :cheeky:

190 Km/h max for me on the Wee.

Haha. I know I shouldn't speak too soon on the speed part. Maybe I will, maybe I wont. Just have to wait and see if I dare. But usually it's the case of bike can rider can't! At least for my case.

Oh wait.. one more question. I get a loud "growl" when rpm is hoovering 2.5-3k. But after that, it's real smooth. I'm not too sure how to explain the growl but it's almost like there's a soft spot where rpm is too low for speed. I understand if the rpm is too slow for a speed that will happen. But to move of at gear one, then a growl around those rpm? Same for every gears.

Also, I find engaging gears can be quite difficult unless I stamped on the lever. Too often I miss going into the next gear be it up/down and get the sound "klak klak" i.e. not in the next gear yet. Is this a case of needing to do oil change or it's normal for a Vee? Sorry for all the questions. Just a new bro trying to understand and appreciate his bike better. Thanks!!

Haha. I know I shouldn't speak too soon on the speed part. Maybe I will, maybe I wont. Just have to wait and see if I dare. But usually it's the case of bike can rider can't! At least for my case.

Oh wait.. one more question. I get a loud "growl" when rpm is hoovering 2.5-3k. But after that, it's real smooth. I'm not too sure how to explain the growl but it's almost like there's a soft spot where rpm is too low for speed. I understand if the rpm is too slow for a speed that will happen. But to move of at gear one, then a growl around those rpm? Same for every gears.

Also, I find engaging gears can be quite difficult unless I stamped on the lever. Too often I miss going into the next gear be it up/down and get the sound "klak klak" i.e. not in the next gear yet. Is this a case of needing to do oil change or it's normal for a Vee? Sorry for all the questions. Just a new bro trying to understand and appreciate his bike better. Thanks!!

that's the V...:lol: btw don't stamp too hard..you break your ankle

V-strom 1k

Dr 200

Ok, Im back to flood the forum again. I think I may have found what the problem is with the growl I was asking above. According to stromtrooper forum, it's v likely that the problem is clutch chuddering which causes vibration in the 2.5-4.5k rpm range. There were some recommended fixes posted which involve clutch basket but I have no clue what they were saying (dumb dumb). Apparently 80% of vibration of low rpm disappeared after fixing it.

Now, anyone here has theirs fixed? If so, can help me out by telling me where to go to solve it? K & T issit? Cheers.

Ok, Im back to flood the forum again. I think I may have found what the problem is with the growl I was asking above. According to stromtrooper forum, it's v likely that the problem is clutch chuddering which causes vibration in the 2.5-4.5k rpm range. There were some recommended fixes posted which involve clutch basket but I have no clue what they were saying (dumb dumb). Apparently 80% of vibration of low rpm disappeared after fixing it.

Now, anyone here has theirs fixed? If so, can help me out by telling me where to go to solve it? K & T issit? Cheers.

Bro, you will be best answered if you bring the bike down to K&T. They are the one which serviced and done up the bike.

Btw, I've told Clifford of the bike's new owner.

The sound was faced by me also, but I supposed its like what you have mentioned that the rpm needs to be at certain level before changing of gear ? What I did was the controlling and slower releasing of the clutch when I changed gear.

For me, I've no problem engaging gears.

The clutch basket have been changed. As I said its better to refer the questions to Clifford (Have passed you the receipts for all the items changed).

Best regards,

Dave

Bikes owned past & present:

Yamaha YZR125 / Kawazaki KDX200 / Honda XR400 / Honda Steed 400 / Honda Transalp 400 / Honda Super4 Spec II / Suzuki VStorm DL1000

Honda NC750XA

Bro, you will be best answered if you bring the bike down to K&T. They are the one which serviced and done up the bike.

The sound was faced by me also, but I supposed its like what you have mentioned that the rpm needs to be at certain level before changing of gear ? What I did was the controlling and slower releasing of the clutch when I changed gear.

The clutch basket have been changed. As I said its better to refer the questions to Clifford (Have passed you the receipts for all the items changed).

u sold ur bike already? so fast...

Here is all the info you need for the skid plate prices and other products made by Yann.

(Enduro guardian)

I'm a V-strom owner and I make these skid plates and other products because I didn't like what other manufacturer made. I'm a Fabricator/welder by trade. so here are all the answer's to your questions.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/group-buys-stromtrooper-inventors-product-showcase/58327-skid-plates-radiator-guards-oil-cooler-guards-lift-kits-i-got-them-makem.html

same info here. just more history.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/group-buys-stromtrooper-inventors-product-showcase/48308-skid-plate-radiator-cover-oil-cooler-cover-lift.html

All the prices are listed in those two address.

yann

i'm very curious what kind of aluminium do you use for aluminium welding? as i understand that 7000 series aluminium is good for welding, but due to it's hardness, it's brittle to bend...

Thanks. I did ring Clifford but he was way too busy to entertain me as he was rushing out some of his outstanding jobs. He did however said that he will explain how the bike works when he's better with his schedule. He knew I have taken over your bike. Anyway, I took her out for a spin to Gelang Patah earlier with a few kakis. Overall, it was bearable. But I do need to adjust the windshield coz at the moment, the wind's deflected right to my helmet. Perhaps due to my height on the bike.

Thanks. I did ring Clifford but he was way too busy to entertain me as he was rushing out some of his outstanding jobs. He did however said that he will explain how the bike works when he's better with his schedule. He knew I have taken over your bike. Anyway, I took her out for a spin to Gelang Patah earlier with a few kakis. Overall, it was bearable. But I do need to adjust the windshield coz at the moment, the wind's deflected right to my helmet. Perhaps due to my height on the bike.

Windshield is always a problem for tall person. Either get a madstat (tankee selling one) or after windshield or combination or both.

VSTROM SINGAPORE

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125329690831574&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=125329690831574&ref=ts

Windshield is always a problem for tall person. Either get a madstat (tankee selling one) or after windshield or combination or both.

I know. It's annoying if it's at high speed. I think the one on Dave's bike is adjustable tho I haven't spend time on it yet. It's the one on MO in this thread. Can't remember who was selling. If it's still not enough, I'll contact Tankee. How are you enjoying ur ride?

I know. It's annoying if it's at high speed. I think the one on Dave's bike is adjustable tho I haven't spend time on it yet. It's the one on MO in this thread. Can't remember who was selling. If it's still not enough, I'll contact Tankee. How are you enjoying ur ride?

If it is the one MO over here, then that should be the one which Tankee MO for everyone in the forum recently. I have been enjoying my ride very much! Only disappointment for me is I haven ride up to further north. Probably after marriage.

VSTROM SINGAPORE

If it is the one MO over here, then that should be the one which Tankee MO for everyone in the forum recently. I have been enjoying my ride very much! Only disappointment for me is I haven ride up to further north. Probably after marriage.

So I do have the best of the best. Ok, need to study how to adjust it. It aint that hard right?

Oh yes, I would like to ask another question. How will I know if the Vee is in reserve fuel? "E" starts to blink? Last night when she had a bar left, the "E" started blinking. Anyhoo, I also suspect the gauge isn't working properly because after full top up to the brim, the gauge only had 3 bars (not full at 4 bars). Interesting...