SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

honda blackbird

roadtoad

Originally posted by nitro@May 6 2004, 07:50 PM

can a "FQ" plate BB be EFI rather than Carb type?

saw a owner advertising, bought in April 1999. He claims that the BB is EFI.

It is the color I am looking for. Has to ensure 1st b4 making a trip down to view his BB.

:confused:

its a blue FI bird.

i went down with another bird fren. he confirmed that its a FI bird

i suppose its the same one lor.

saw the ad in classifieds. staying at panjang area.

there is a big dent on the fuel tank. costs abt 100 to get it fixed. tyres need to be changed. front and back squared.

the mileage is tempting thou. 40k for a '99 bike

owner said wanted to sell last year already. but... couldnt bear to part with it.

coz now driving already.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by josean@May 6 2004, 11:28 PM

its a blue FI bird.

i went down with another bird fren. he confirmed that its a FI bird

i suppose its the same one lor.

saw the ad in classifieds. staying at panjang area.

there is a big dent on the fuel tank. costs abt 100 to get it fixed. tyres need to be changed. front and back squared.

the mileage is tempting thou. 40k for a '99 bike

owner said wanted to sell last year already. but... couldnt bear to part with it.

coz now driving already.

ya, 40k is real low man..

http://1990cbr1000f.superbikeclub.com/images/avatar_1.jpghttp://s.deviantart.com/static/fella-wrench.jpg

The church is near, but the road is icy. The bar is far away, but I will walk carefully.

Originally posted by josean@May 6 2004, 11:30 PM

its really very tempting... arrgh

if e engine is good, everythin else can be negotiated. cosmetics stuff can be easily fixed. priority e frame and engine. my 2 cents.

http://1990cbr1000f.superbikeclub.com/images/avatar_1.jpghttp://s.deviantart.com/static/fella-wrench.jpg

The church is near, but the road is icy. The bar is far away, but I will walk carefully.

hi guys.......i'm back in spore.got back my bike with the brake change.my whole bike became less sensitive liao.front is front n rear is rear.no more dual brake action.not bad.i like the response.but come with a hefty price.

lightspeed,u r right.no need to change unless i required performance braking.but baking downhill at 90km/h at mount faber become easy as u dun fear front brake or lock when u tap rear.:cheer:

Guest R1szuan
Originally posted by cbr1100@May 9 2004, 09:51 PM

hi guys.......i'm back in spore.got back my bike with the brake change.my whole bike became less sensitive liao.front is front n rear is rear.no more dual brake action.not bad.i like the response.but come with a hefty price.

lightspeed,u r right.no need to change unless i required performance braking.but baking downhill at 90km/h at mount faber become easy as u dun fear front brake or lock when u tap rear.:cheer:

how much does it cost you?

Guest R1szuan

yo guyz

i need some help here or shall i say need more inputs.

I am lookin for a hard compound tyre. Cornerning not important, i need lotsa of distance. I know most of you told me to get 020.

Here is the profile of tyre i am lookin for.

It must be

1: Cheap

2: Lasting in distance. Wont botak that fast

3: Cornerning not important.

I was lookin for macadam type of tyre. Coz i really need a distance tyre. Not touring tyre. Which has the hard center and soft at the side(This is not some pervertive thought eh!)

thank you

BTW any of you guys ever change the oil type for your fork? and also any difference using dot 3 or do4 brake fluid?

And also anyone here braided thier clutch cable hose?

I was thinkin why not we put a list some of the bb spare part list for a archive use in the future.

Originally posted by Sankar73@May 9 2004, 11:05 PM

I'm using the Penske suspension on my bike, though its not a Blackbird. On par with Ohlins but cheaper.

Sankar

i dont think penske is cheaper than ohlins

quoted $1575 for a penske rear

http://shovelhead.us/shop/images/BRO_HELMET.jpg

Originally posted by R1szuan@May 10 2004, 09:40 AM

yo guyz

i need some help here or shall i say need more inputs.

I am lookin for a hard compound tyre. Cornerning not important, i need lotsa of distance. I know most of you told me to get 020.

Here is the profile of tyre i am lookin for.

It must be

1: Cheap

2: Lasting in distance. Wont botak that fast

3: Cornerning not important.

I was lookin for macadam type of tyre. Coz i really need a distance tyre. Not touring tyre. Which has the hard center and soft at the side(This is not some pervertive thought eh!)

thank you

BTW any of you guys ever change the oil type for your fork? and also any difference using dot 3 or do4 brake fluid?

And also anyone here braided thier clutch cable hose?

I was thinkin why not we put a list some of the bb spare part list for a archive use in the future.

i propose BT010 or BT020

sorry 4 asking such a boring question but,

wat engine oil (include rating as well) do u all use? comments? thx.

Guest R1szuan
Originally posted by josean@May 10 2004, 06:59 PM

i propose BT010 or BT020

i ever use bt010 but the front wear irregularly. and the rear tyre life span is short..

i am the type lookin like size 180 IRC kinda of tyre...hehehehe

Originally posted by R1szuan@May 11 2004, 08:28 AM

i ever use bt010 but the front wear irregularly. and the rear tyre life span is short..

i am the type lookin like size 180 IRC kinda of tyre...hehehehe

Its true abt the very uneven front tire wear for the 010... its one of the reasons I had the accident with my BB.

Dun just go for cheap hard tires that can last a long time. Cheap hard tires means not much good grip.... you may never know when you'll need the grip in an emergency...

Originally posted by it wasnt me@May 10 2004, 01:39 PM

i dont think penske is cheaper than ohlins

quoted $1575 for a penske rear

The ohlins can cost abt $1800 for the same type with 2way adjustments I think. And the servicing after some time will cost abt $300 compared to the $180 for Penske. So in this way, Penske is cheaper. More ppl buy Ohlins b'cos its more popular around the world. Penske is popular in the US and Canada.

All this infor is to the best of my knowledge..... I can always be wrong....:smile:

Sankar

thats very informative...i have a clearer picture now...thanks for sharing :smile:

anyway....price is just what the agent of a product wants to charge u

not quite an accurate gauge to the quality of an item

i wish i have the dough to try both

http://shovelhead.us/shop/images/BRO_HELMET.jpg

Hi Guys,

My friend is selling his Corbin Seat For Blackbird , Bought at $1200 now selling at $700 Neg. It blue in color. Interested Pls SMS Mr Wee 91450003

At least got more comparment to put gloves and cloth now hee hee

Thanks you

1990 Yamaha TZR

1994 Honda Steed

1999 Honda super four

2002 Yamaha fazer 600

2003 Yamaha fazer 1000

2004 Honda Wave

2007 Yamaha X1-R