SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sian!! Higher prices for big bikes

kotek69

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When luxury is freed of all ballast, it moves to a new level. At the very top of this evolution is the new K 1600 GTL – a high-class touring bike like none before it.....

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/bike/tour/k1600gtl/k1600gtl_overview.html

cannot afford liao. With this new ****, expect over 75K to 80K for the new K

i hope my dream comes true. in singapore, we actually dont need high powered, big cc bikes. just your average 600cc to 800c is suffice. even going malaysia, we cant really speed. 110km/hr. if bm, hd , and all the bikes companies want their singapore market, they should downsize their bikes. make a mini version of the GSA. 800cc using the same engine for their 800cc bikes BUT with the same shape and shaft drive but of course slightly lower and lighter.

honda also can follow suit. making a bronzewing ---- exactly like their goldwing but 750cc to 800cc with shaft drive. it has been done before in the 80s and 70s

anyway, just a dream because YOU KNOW WHO will wake me up from that dream because they will say, oh no because now you order so many of these 700cc bikes, it has now become a luxury item and many people are bidding for the coe. and guess what . we will introduce a PARF like cars.

so its a vicious cycle until something snaps

i hope my dream comes true. in singapore, we actually dont need high powered, big cc bikes. just your average 600cc to 800c is suffice. even going malaysia, we cant really speed. 110km/hr. if bm, hd , and all the bikes companies want their singapore market, they should downsize their bikes. make a mini version of the GSA. 800cc using the same engine for their 800cc bikes BUT with the same shape and shaft drive but of course slightly lower and lighter.

honda also can follow suit. making a bronzewing ---- exactly like their goldwing but 750cc to 800cc with shaft drive. it has been done before in the 80s and 70s

anyway, just a dream because YOU KNOW WHO will wake me up from that dream because they will say, oh no because now you order so many of these 700cc bikes, it has now become a luxury item and many people are bidding for the coe. and guess what . we will introduce a PARF like cars.

so its a vicious cycle until something snaps

Its not going to happen. Singapore market too small for the big bike brand to start design n have a production line. They also know one new rules out from ( U know who ). They can kiss their R&D money good bye. Only one word in sin. Buy or cannot afford to own one.

U can see cam am brand. New model 3 wheeler over weight and cannot come into Singapore. They dun even bother with Singapore as volume too small

Edited by smallcar
add more content

Its not going to happen. Singapore market too small for the big bike brand to start design n have a production line. They also know one new rules out from ( U know who ). They can kiss their R&D money good bye. Only one word in sin. Buy or cannot afford to own one.

U can see cam am brand. New model 3 wheeler over weight and cannot come into Singapore. They dun even bother with Singapore as volume too small

14f9af641631d07d08d2211a81e4a101.jpg

Great speech from zehzeh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great speech from zehzeh

hopefully this new ARF will minimise such ppl who takes up 2 or more COEs so that the additiomal COEs can go to common ppl.

curious... IF COE goes down to about 4K, which means bikes with OMV below 5K will now cost about 2.5k lesser... helping those with lesser income to buy new bikes and to reduce the cost of COE renewal, do you feel that its a successful policy change? would you be happy?

Edited by Yahmarhuh

There is no guarantee COE will even go down. They may have stopped the bleeding effect to Open CAT, but they can just as easily stop adding to the total figure, so every bidding cycle the only pool available are those recycled from deregistered bikes.

Check out my Website for freelance design and marketing services! : www.reizeprimus.com

Or watch my Youtube channel for more Motovlogs and Motorcycling Content! : www.youtube.com/ReizePrimus

There is no guarantee COE will even go down. They may have stopped the bleeding effect to Open CAT, but they can just as easily stop adding to the total figure, so every bidding cycle the only pool available are those recycled from deregistered bikes.

we will know tomorrow... dats y I'm asking for opinions IF COE goes down to 4K level, how would u guys feel?

I', sure most ppl who buys 2B bread & butter bikes will be happy... but those who buy hobby bikes who are the majority of the forummers here will still be affected negatively. I personally am ok to pay more for luxury items if it helps the common folks to make end meets.

will be good if can get a hold of a list of bikes with their OMV. From what I know, not many bike OMV are above 20K even among the Ducati, BMW & Harley Davidson

many angmo brand bikes OMV is over 20k. :)

Current Ride:

W650 Cafe Racer

FXSTC Softail Custom

TW200 Tracker

Zephyr ZII Custom

CB750K

CB400four

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/IMG_0627_zps0816850b.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/EBC0B2D1-5DB8-412B-BE85-D4E7DE4F0247-9859-000001DA1BB41B2E.jpg

curious... IF COE goes down to about 4K, which means bikes with OMV below 5K will now cost about 2.5k lesser... helping those with lesser income to buy new bikes and to reduce the cost of COE renewal, do you feel that its a successful policy change? would you be happy?

More chance of snow falling on top of Marina Bay Sands while Elvis Presley sings Blue Suede Shoes

More chance of snow falling on top of Marina Bay Sands while Elvis Presley sings Blue Suede Shoes

never know my friends

Current Ride:

W650 Cafe Racer

FXSTC Softail Custom

TW200 Tracker

Zephyr ZII Custom

CB750K

CB400four

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/IMG_0627_zps0816850b.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/EBC0B2D1-5DB8-412B-BE85-D4E7DE4F0247-9859-000001DA1BB41B2E.jpg

Great speech from zehzeh

Y is it great when such multiple bike owners are part of the cause of high COEs? They hog more than 1 COE while our low income fellow riders who needs a bike for basic needs to fight with them for that elusive COE.

The increased ARF is supposed to deter multiple bike owners and also those who buy bike for the occasional casual rides.

Liverpool revival has started....

Y is it great when such multiple bike owners are part of the cause of high COEs? They hog more than 1 COE while our low income fellow riders who needs a bike for basic needs to fight with them for that elusive COE.

The increased ARF is supposed to deter multiple bike owners and also those who buy bike for the occasional casual rides.

ARF isn't going to deter multiple bike owners. It's there to deter people buying luxury bikes.

Those who buy 10 under $5000 OMV bikes not affected by the new ARF, but will still fight with you for COE. But those who are content to have just one and only one expensive BMW or Harley or Ducati are punished, even though they are not vying with you for extra COE.

Logic leh.

Check out my Website for freelance design and marketing services! : www.reizeprimus.com

Or watch my Youtube channel for more Motovlogs and Motorcycling Content! : www.youtube.com/ReizePrimus

ARF isn't going to deter multiple bike owners. It's there to deter people buying luxury bikes.

Those who buy 10 under $5000 OMV bikes not affected by the new ARF, but will still fight with you for COE. But those who are content to have just one and only one expensive BMW or Harley or Ducati are punished, even though they are not vying with you for extra COE.

Logic leh.

bro... u go see those with multiple bikes.... do they own multiple under $5000 OMV bikes or do they generally own higher OMV bikes as u say "expensive BMW or Harley or Ducati "

You need to realise that this is a luxury tax, similar to the tiered ARF for cars introduced in 2013. I don't like this change as I ride as a an interest rather than a need.

But u cant deny that people like me and probably most in this forums are the ones who can do without a bike. We are the ones who don't need the bike COE but still have 1 or more because we like to and can. This has cause the demand for COE to rise and affect those who really need a bike.

Having said that, I don't agree with the number of bike COEs being released now. It should be much higher because we have minimal impact on the road congestion but that is a separate discussion altogether.

Liverpool revival has started....