SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Dragstar-How to make both signal ON when lights ON

raymondwong

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by raymondwong@Aug 15 2006, 06:52 PM

I got a dragstar and would like to turn on both SIGNAL when the light is on. But YAMAHA said cannot make it.

Is it true? Can anywhere be done? Add a new button to turn it on and off?

how much?

from

Ray

It can be done, but there will be some re-wiring with additional relays (I think).

Check with other bike shops.

Originally posted by raymondwong+Aug 16 2006, 03:33 PM-->
QUOTE (raymondwong @ Aug 16 2006, 03:33 PM)
I need solution...................... not suggestion. please[/b]

Solution =

Originally posted by raymondwong@Aug 15 2006, 06:52 PM

I got a dragstar and would like to turn on both SIGNAL when the light is on. But YAMAHA said cannot make it.

Is it true? Can anywhere be done? Add a new button to turn it on and off?

how much?

from

Ray

How come your one don't have? My Dragstar Custom originally have the hazard lights function already leh. It is on the right handlebar switch, the red button.

Originally posted by Rear_Box@Aug 18 2006, 07:17 AM

How come your one don't have? My Dragstar Custom originally have the hazard lights function already leh. It is on the right handlebar switch, the red button.

That's what I suggested.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Originally posted by Rear_Box@Aug 18 2006, 07:17 AM

I believe you are mistaken with raymondwong question, what he is querying is whether his bike signal light could be modifying to be running light or pilot light as some may call it.

Raymondwong, this modification is feasible, but as said since it is a “modification”, it is not allowed nor recommended in the view of the agent and local authority. This modification involved cutting, re-soldering, maybe re-locate and adding additional load balance etc. You may have to consider changing the pigtails too if you intended to run a dual filament bulb socket. Do note of the lifespan of the bulb as well.

In case you are not aware, it is not legal to operate amber colored running light on the rear.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Originally posted by nights@Aug 18 2006, 09:49 AM

I believe you are mistaken with raymondwong question, what he is querying is whether his bike signal light could be modifying to be running light or pilot light as some may call it.

Raymondwong, this modification is feasible, but as said since it is a “modification”, it is not allowed nor recommended in the view of the agent and local authority. This modification involved cutting, re-soldering, maybe re-locate and adding additional load balance etc. You may have to consider changing the pigtails too if you intended to run a dual filament bulb socket. Do note of the lifespan of the bulb as well.

In case you are not aware, it is not legal to operate amber colored running light on the rear.

since it is illegal, i wont do it..

i just saw a few shadow already install it. and it looks cool at nite..

well... don do illegal things.

If wan to meet up with my drag... where can it be ? any gathering normally held ?

from

Ray

Originally posted by raymondwong@Aug 19 2006, 11:38 PM

since it is illegal, i wont do it..

i just saw a few shadow already install it. and it looks cool at nite..

well... don do illegal things.

If wan to meet up with my drag... where can it be ? any gathering normally held ?

from

Ray

It is only illegal on the rear, but for the front amber scene, likely it would probably be ignored during inspection.

The Kruzers had our gathering at Prata Café down at Evan Road every Friday from 8:30pm, but not this Friday though as majority of them would be away for riding. You are most than welcome to join the gathering and mingle with the club.

Cheers!

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by nights@Aug 24 2006, 11:05 AM

It is only illegal on the rear, but for the front amber scene, likely it would probably be ignored during inspection.

The Kruzers had our gathering at Prata Caf� down at Evan Road every Friday from 8:30pm, but not this Friday though as majority of them would be away for riding. You are most than welcome to join the gathering and mingle with the club.

Cheers!

aiya..this week no meet???

thought of goin down this week....since next week got wedding again.....

oh well.....safe riding all ....

Praying for some SUN....

adriel

I . L . T . N . N

felt like adding the pilot light on the front too but any dragstar tried it before? need to know if its it troublesome to do it :) thanks

A New Rider A New Bike A New Hope ~!

~~TA200 Phantom custom 4 ~ 2004 to 2006

A old Rider , A old Bike but still A New Hope~!

~~Dragstar 4TR custom 2006 to 2007

A forgotten Rider, An old legend, A returned Hope~!

~~VMax12 2007 to 2007

A returned Rider, Another legend, forever hope~!

~~Shadow400 2009 ...

Originally posted by adriel@Dec 28 2006, 01:07 PM

Praying for some SUN....

adriel

Eh no meet we go prata ourselves abit la. I quite free this week. Office close. Whoo hoo! Everyday stay at home sleep, cause raining, grrr...Wanna go JB pump petrol also cannot. sian.

w y x m m

ya,like wat plasticblackspecs said,if there's no kruzer meet up tonight at owen's road,y not we organise a small meet up there tonight?

so how?

alexander,for the adding of pilot light to the front,i did saw a dragstar classic doing it at rosli place(paya lebar),it definitely can be done,but then dunno how much it will cost.

so alexander,adriel or any other guys,wanna meet tonight?

not necessary must meet at owen's road,anywhere also can.

Originally posted by plasticblackspecs@Dec 28 2006, 08:16 AM

Why is it illegal in the rear and not the front?

This is because, the additional lighting at the rear other than your rear taillight would cause confusion to the rest of the motorist in view of the authority.

Originally posted by adriel@Dec 28 2006, 01:07 PM

Praying for some SUN....

adriel

Hi adriel,

And I thought you never notice the date of my posting ha ha... The Kruzers gathering is still active tonight.