SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Anyone gg P.G on the 26th

acak

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wah dun go la bro...everybody cant chase u le later :sweat:

Haha..I'm easy picking now..Not in the league of those racers..

No doubt now faster than last time on the 1000RR but its bcos I feel much more comfortable and confident on the R6..plus reading track riding techniques by Ian Ianech helped alot!!..

Seriously..its a much more valuable investment I made than compare to any accessories I bought..

For example..how many inputs are there to steer a bike into corners?? I doubt not many ppl knew except a few..

Come on..try and answer!! I will give the 1st one..total 5 inputs.

I will give the full answer in a few days.. :cheer:

1) Counter-steering the handle bars(push right to go right/push left to go left)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Haha..I'm easy picking now..Not in the league of those racers..

No doubt now faster than last time on the 1000RR but its bcos I feel much more comfortable and confident on the R6..plus reading track riding techniques by Ian Ianech helped alot!!..

Seriously..its a much more valuable investment I made than compare to any accessories I bought..

For example..how many inputs are there to steer a bike into corners?? I doubt not many ppl knew except a few..

1) Counter-steering the handle bars(push right to go right/push left to go left)

2) Body Steering physically leaning the bike into a turn

3)

4)

5)

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

2) Body Steering physically leaning the bike into a turn > Correct!!

3)

4)

5)

k bro u will be gg on the morning session ryte????

Yepz. But if the weather threatens, I'll probably consider going for the afternoon one or putting it off until the weekend.

i am newbe can ag alone??

The more the merrier. We're newbies as well :)

Lemme guess: One of them is the way you handle your throttle? :)

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

2) Body Steering physically leaning the bike into a turn > Correct!!

3)

4)

5)

weighing the inside footpeg and using the outside thigh to add pressure on the tank to help lean the bike into the turn? :?

Oct 05 - Dec 06: HONDA Phantom

Dec 06 - May 08: HONDA CBR400RRR

Jul 08 - Jul 09: HONDA CBR600RR8

weighing the inside footpeg and using the outside thigh to add pressure on the tank to help lean the bike into the turn? :?

Yes, but each type of steering got pros and cons...And it is going very technical here...I also dont know much....just by reading it.....U really need a track to understand and lots of track hours....hee hee

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

wah all so chim dun even understand wat u all toking. lol. i only know is to let loose ur handle bar. no pressure should be given to the handle bar in corner or braking. how not to pressure the handle bar when braking??? use ur leg n grip the tank! so as to not putting the weight to the front.

BUT IT SO HARD NOT TO PRESSURE THE FRONT!!!

Lemme guess: One of them is the way you handle your throttle? :)

Yupz!!! They are all correct..My point is all 5 inputs are put together by at least 3 different ppl.

Many of us only know bits and pieces..with the book which I read, it puts all the jig saw pieces together.. :thumb:

The thing is..this only covers the steering part, there are more components to track riding that it covers like..braking(trail braking), eyepoint, knowing your markers(brake marker, entry point, apex, exit point) and so on..

I have to say my riding on track improves by leaps and bounds cos of this book..

For example..my friend who rides a R6 07, a newbie who have been to track only 5hrs(5 session) is now running 1:55 at PG..a timing I took 1 year to achieve on my CBR1000RR without this book.

So what are you waiting for?? Go grab a track riding book like Twist of the Wrist / Twist of the Wrist 2, Street and Track Riding Techniques and so on.. :cheer:

Sorry a bit of topic... :sweat:

2) Body Steering physically leaning the bike into a turn(hang off to the right to put weight on the right to turn right)

3) Weighing the inside footpeg(press right footpeg to go right)

4) Using the outer thigh to press against the fuel tank(left thigh press against the fuel tank to go right)

5) Throttle control(close throttle to turn/open to stand the bike up)

whr u read the book on how to learn all this bro????

can give me some pointers.

Can..On a few conditions, 1) Bring pen and notebook 2) Must be attentive 3) Most importantly; Bring drinks> very thirsty talking for nearly 1 hr without drink breaks..hahahah!! Call me 97861140 DiDi..we can sit down talk **** sing song..

Yes, but each type of steering got pros and cons...And it is going very technical here...I also dont know much....just by reading it.....U really need a track to understand and lots of track hours....hee hee

That is where you're wrong my friend..these 5 inputs are not to be used separately..All must be used together. No pros and cons..use all 5 inputs to steer so that you can have a smoother turn into corners.. :cheer:

wah all so chim dun even understand wat u all toking. lol. i only know is to let loose ur handle bar. no pressure should be given to the handle bar in corner or braking. how not to pressure the handle bar when braking??? use ur leg n grip the tank! so as to not putting the weight to the front.

BUT IT SO HARD NOT TO PRESSURE THE FRONT!!!

Another myth that is busted in the book..the fork MUST BE compressed(pressure) to turn the bike easier..straightened fork harder to turn. That is why trail braking is always recommended on the street or track..Trail braking means trailing(holding from hard to light braking) your brakes while going into corners

even to the point of mid way into corners before maintenance throttle(light throttling) is applied to put some weight to the rear and to straighten the forks cos next thing to do is to stand the bike up for exit.

See the relation?

Compress fork to turn / straighten fork to stand the bike up

Close throttle to turn / open throttle to stand the bike up

People will also argue that pressing the front brakes will stand the bike up while cornering..Yes, to a certain extend when the brakes are applied abruptly and hard..but if you trail your front brakes into corners, your bike is easier to steer..These are the forces of nature at work juz like counter-steering.

I hope I don't confuse you all with words that I typed.. :sweat:

Can..On a few conditions, 1) Bring pen and notebook 2) Must be attentive 3) Most importantly; Bring drinks> very thirsty talking for nearly 1 hr without drink breaks..hahahah!! Call me 97861140 DiDi..we can sit down talk **** sing song..

This fella here we must belanja kopi peng one. Walaeu... :p

Another myth that is busted in the book..the fork MUST BE compressed(pressure) to turn the bike easier..straightened fork harder to turn.

I learnt that this is because when the front is light, it's kinda like it's 'floating' in the air. This may be the reason why bikes run wide on corners.

That is why trail braking is always recommended on the street or track.

Track, yes.

Street...ehh...

all the zhng my Vios cannot get outta my way for me to practice one...

People will also argue that pressing the front brakes will stand the bike up while cornering..Yes, to a certain extend when the brakes are applied abruptly and hard..but if you trail your front brakes into corners, your bike is easier to steer..These are the forces of nature at work juz like counter-steering.

Tip: Don't fight your handlebars just to get your bike to turn. There's a couple of techniques one can try. I think threadstarter already has read the book and the technique is written there somewhere?

I hope I don't confuse you all with words that I typed.. :sweat:

And this is where we belanja him one more cup of kopi peng for extra tracktime theory and practice lessons :p

For example..my friend who rides a R6 07, a newbie who have been to track only 5hrs(5 session) is now running 1:55 at PG..a timing I took 1 year to achieve on my CBR1000RR without this book.

An example of a success case study. Thumbs up to your friend.

It took me half a year to straighten out my (singlish slang) psycho-moto problem (end slang) to lump all techniques together. Not in the racers' league yet though hee...

And yes, it was quite frustrating at first but I'm glad the skills paid off for the time being :)

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

go this sat lah

Haiyoh..u stalk me until here...heheheheh!!!

Sat can go..but hectic for me ley..can play only 1 session after that must kalam kabut be back in Singapore for my soccer tournament league at 5pm..

I will try talk to my fren..if he on..I on too..then I will contact you again.. :cheer:

This fella here we must belanja kopi peng one. Walaeu... :p

Its not an obligations thou..hahaha!! U buy I drink lor..u nvr buy, my theory lessons get shorter lor.. :thirsty:

I learnt that this is because when the front is light, it's kinda like it's 'floating' in the air. This may be the reason why bikes run wide on corners.

Not sure bout floating..but its becos of the steering geometry has changed. Juz like long wheel base very stable but hard to turn while short wheel base unstable but very flickable..

Track, yes.

Street...ehh...

all the zhng my Vios cannot get outta my way for me to practice one...

I think u get my idea wrong..trail doesn't mean must die2 ride fast and hold the front brakes initially hard and soft afterwards..it can also be done at street speeds with softer touch on the brakes..

Tip: Don't fight your handlebars just to get your bike to turn. There's a couple of techniques one can try. I think threadstarter already has read the book and the technique is written there somewhere?

Like I said earlier..5 inputs.

And this is where we belanja him one more cup of kopi peng for extra tracktime theory and practice lessons :p

Haha..I'm not at the stage of teaching people how to ride at track..I'm juz willing to share what I learnt from the book to others..Got knowledge share, no harm sharing..appreciative recipients words of thanks and appreciation will make your day!! :cheer:

An example of a success case study. Thumbs up to your friend.

It took me half a year to straighten out my (singlish slang) psycho-moto problem (end slang) to lump all techniques together. Not in the racers' league yet though hee...

And yes, it was quite frustrating at first but I'm glad the skills paid off for the time being :)

Yeah..in theory I'm like champion..but to put it in use..very hard. Hehehehe..its all about making it a habit..must kick my street riding habit to accommodate the track habits..