SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF X9 Cafe 2009 - Amalfi/Evo

BottleCap

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check your tire and tire presure first.

Normally i pump 30 front and 32 rear and 34 rear with pillion

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/soundless81/SwimmingSession.jpg

Apr 2006 ~ Current - Toyota Altis 1.6A

Apr 2010 ~ Current - X9 500(Big Bulb-大ç¯æ³¡)

May 2010 ~ Current - 150cc ET8(Little Lamb)

Oct 2010 ~ Oct 2012 - FZ6S2(肥仔六)

Oct 2012 ~ Current - ZG1400(鸡踢鸭)

hi i just got my x9 amaffi..just wan to know where can i fix the fuel meter?n my lcd meter that show mileage and temperature oso spoil>actually is not spoil just the panel was very foggy that i only can see little thing inside.. can it be fix or i need to change the whole lcd panel to new one?n may i know where can i change it n wat is the price? now i totally can estimate my fc..

Edited by kennykoksg

sorry to disturb this thread. but i had a fren who did cause a accident with a bike by the brand of piaggio.

i do admit fault is on my fren side.

but hope to gain more stuff on piaggio bike, but not too sure the damaged bike belong to 2b or 2a piaggio. what is the norm price for 2a n 2b piaggio price? as in the price range? reason i asked this is because the owner of the bike went back to piaggio shop to get it repaired. was quoted $4k. the bike knock onto the front right side of the car n cause a dent, the part of the car fairing on the right side. so at most the bike knock the car n drop onto the ground as the rider is alright.

as a rider myself, at $4k i can already buy a brand new 2b bike.

anyway i have confirmed the model is x8. anyone know the price ?

bro how bad is the cracked fairing???but i muz say banging into a european bike is really a very big hassle, because of the cost of the parts, hence if the price is quoted by piaggio, accept the price to be in the range for most bike shop, unless the owner is willing to repair the fairings...

hope ur fren can settle the issue asap...

Cheers!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

any common problem for x8 and x9 ?? let's say a 5 year old scooter

if the bike is well maintain, then i think there should not be much problem except wear and tear items, and also regular servicing...

known wear and tear items that needs periodic changing ard 50K-80K km are, starter motor, coil and alternator, engine mounting, cone bearing, and water pump...

thats all i can think of, because this are the items i've changed during my ownership of a X9...

clutch, belt all this is juz very common parts to change for scoots, so i shall not delve much into that area...

cheers!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

bro how bad is the cracked fairing???but i muz say banging into a european bike is really a very big hassle, because of the cost of the parts, hence if the price is quoted by piaggio, accept the price to be in the range for most bike shop, unless the owner is willing to repair the fairings...

hope ur fren can settle the issue asap...

Cheers!

not sure as i am not on the scenc. a common sense tell us that when u return to the orginal piaggio repair shop the price is CONFIRM more expesnive than outside. plus the shop also know its a accident bike, what would u think the price would be ? without insurance fighting against the price, confirm the price is sky rocketed. but the rider claim he wont pocket anything and the bike on that day is still riddeable and juz wan to fix the bike n let the driver go as its a lady driver n still young.

but end up it still cost 4k.. really no comment on that guy.

not sure as i am not on the scenc. a common sense tell us that when u return to the orginal piaggio repair shop the price is CONFIRM more expesnive than outside. plus the shop also know its a accident bike, what would u think the price would be ? without insurance fighting against the price, confirm the price is sky rocketed. but the rider claim he wont pocket anything and the bike on that day is still riddeable and juz wan to fix the bike n let the driver go as its a lady driver n still young.

but end up it still cost 4k.. really no comment on that guy.

But you do have to consider that not only the external and visible damage. From the drop or the impact, parts internally that is slight covered by the fairings might be cracked or damage.

200 Miles Per Hour, No Hands... Damn That Would Be Cool Right Before The Part Where You Die...

Bike History

2005 - Cagiva Mito 125

2007 - Daelim Daystar 125

2008/2009 - Piaggio X9 500

2017 - Triumph Speed Triple 1050

But you do have to consider that not only the external and visible damage. From the drop or the impact, parts internally that is slight covered by the fairings might be cracked or damage.

considering a fz bike to be repair at 4k. even the biker say nth major except restore it to the orginal condition. but what do u deem about 4k repair ? this is not a high speed wrecked accident.

at $4k n the age of the bike, better off can buy a new one instead. since if i am not wrong this bike is between $8-10k.

actually if you are at fault , the other party can claim quite a lot , besides the repairing cost , there can be lost of transport claim duing the period of reparing , the some of these scooter parts can wait for months to arrive from europe , and also not to forget the other party can go and take mc to claim you for pain and suffer if you intend to drag the case , this is usually how they can play you back =)

actually if you are at fault , the other party can claim quite a lot , besides the repairing cost , there can be lost of transport claim duing the period of reparing , the some of these scooter parts can wait for months to arrive from europe , and also not to forget the other party can go and take mc to claim you for pain and suffer if you intend to drag the case , this is usually how they can play you back =)

well the biker say until so nice such that juz repair bike n everything would be settle. hes not even interested in making a profit out of it. but at 4k repair, its half the bike cost and its a god damn FZ plate bike. in what way the price even justifyed. unless u tell me the bike is whole thing chui, even the rider dun say that the case.

well the biker say until so nice such that juz repair bike n everything would be settle. hes not even interested in making a profit out of it. but at 4k repair, its half the bike cost and its a god damn FZ plate bike. in what way the price even justifyed. unless u tell me the bike is whole thing chui, even the rider dun say that the case.

With 4k i can get another X8. Do i need to repair???

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232762&highlight=piaggio

I found this FBA plate.

With 4k i can get another X8. Do i need to repair???

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232762&highlight=piaggio

I found this FBA plate.

what to do the guy sound so good end up what do u guys think.. even though hes a adult like i believe his word? the driver is a lady n inexperience n with that the rider think he can scam off the money or even let his REPUTABLE shop to jack the high price.. no clue..

Well. Piaggio price is not cheap compare with outside. But they Dare to warrenty you. Which other don`t. Price come with quality. Good thing don`t come cheap, cheap thing don`t come good.

hi i just got my x9 amaffi..just wan to know where can i fix the fuel meter?n my lcd meter that show mileage and temperature oso spoil>actually is not spoil just the panel was very foggy that i only can see little thing inside.. can it be fix or i need to change the whole lcd panel to new one?n may i know where can i change it n wat is the price? now i totally can estimate my fc..

anyone?pls help..

Well. Piaggio price is not cheap compare with outside. But they Dare to warrenty you. Which other don`t. Price come with quality. Good thing don`t come cheap, cheap thing don`t come good.

I agree about this bro .. dont ever buy cheap scooter .. it comes with alot of problem ..

i just tiok conned by Andrew .. from this forumer .. stay at punggol .. i got his IC photocopy also :D ... will try to ask lawyer what can do to sue him ...

not honest seller .. must beware ...

Any X9 member can loan battery for me? bcoz i found a plug connector (at the store seat) came out .. and my bike light all turn on ... now my batt died i think .. i need a spare battery to test out ... If any x9 member can t-loan me one please let me know ... will appreciate that! thanks

You can head back to Piaggio HQ at Genting lane to get it done, or you can also head down to Sunrise at Kallang Industrial Park, they are the official Piaggio people or something like that, cause the Piaggio mechanic at HQ itself told me to go there.

As for price wise, I'm not sure, cause I just live with mine even though the buttons spoil. Lol!

200 Miles Per Hour, No Hands... Damn That Would Be Cool Right Before The Part Where You Die...

Bike History

2005 - Cagiva Mito 125

2007 - Daelim Daystar 125

2008/2009 - Piaggio X9 500

2017 - Triumph Speed Triple 1050