SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF X9 Cafe 2009 - Amalfi/Evo

BottleCap

heavier roller will engage the variator, sorta like half clutch, the lighter rollers will cause the variator to fully bite onto the belt....wiki CVT and it'll be much clearer.....

Cheers!

Thank for ur pointer, y would l need the half clutch when everyone do not need ? haha

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rollers will directly affected the RPM, choosing of suitable rollers weight will help in the bike performance too.

If you were saying 2 tyres of different rollers weight, you should be using polini. It help you to choose between > mid and top speed or pick up and mid-range.

Original rollers weight should be about 13++g ( need to double confirm)

Thanks Kenny,

but according to your reply in PM...

U said 13.2g x3 + 14.7g x3,

originals(stock) rollers shd be more or lesser ?

how frequently shd i replace my rollers ?

Polini's and Dr Pulley also same mileage to be replaceD ?

:cheeky:

sorrie i think i am a "problem" kid here haha

hi wondering where can i get the windshield from? how much will it cost roughly?

urs is 180 or 200?

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

Thanks Kenny,

but according to your reply in PM...

U said 13.2g x3 + 14.7g x3,

originals(stock) rollers shd be more or lesser ?

=sorrie i think i am a "problem" kid here haha

original rollers is about 11++

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Selling X9 stock parts

- winter windshield (for EVO 200 and EVO 250 only)

- stock clutch (used for 8000km only, change to DELTA CLUTCH after that), suitable for amalfi too

- EVO pillion hand rest 1 set (u need this if convert to boxless)

ALL PRICE NEGOTIALBLE :)

up ...........

Selling my

- X9 Evo Winter Windshield

Feb 2004 - Sep 2004: TA 150

Sep 2004 - V Day 2009: X9 Evo

Jun 2008 - ~~~~~ : Fit GD 1.3 A

horizoner.. how much u selling ur stock clutch?

Oct 2009 - Passed 2B - Piaggio X9 Almafi

May 2010 - Passed 3 - Hyundai Matrix 1.6 FL

August 2012 - Passed 2A - Super 4 Revo

June 2014 - Mazda 3 SP Luxury 1.6A

horizoner.. how much u selling ur stock clutch?

have pm u :cheeky:

Selling my

- X9 Evo Winter Windshield

Feb 2004 - Sep 2004: TA 150

Sep 2004 - V Day 2009: X9 Evo

Jun 2008 - ~~~~~ : Fit GD 1.3 A

Thank for ur pointer, y would l need the half clutch when everyone do not need ? haha

because its not biting fully onto ur belt, so hence the 'half clutch' theory, i think wat ur looking for is silky smooth acceleration??

maybe u can used all 6 rollers that are of the same weight, like wat i'm using now...but its the heaviest polini rollers, that actually made my bike hit 129 on gps in NSHW 2up...

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

because its not biting fully onto ur belt, so hence the 'half clutch' theory, i think wat ur looking for is silky smooth acceleration??

maybe u can used all 6 rollers that are of the same weight, like wat i'm using now...but its the heaviest polini rollers, that actually made my bike hit 129 on gps in NSHW 2up...

Polini rollers works >

Lighter more pick up

Heavy more top end

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Roller got nothing to do with clutch. Roller is to determine the ratio of the transmission/ Belt. Do read up CVT @ wiki.

Polini rollers works >

Lighter more pick up

Heavy more top end

Kenny have answer you. To be frank. With pick up there won`t be top speed. With top speed, there won`t be pick up.

Using the heavy roller try top speed will take a very long distance to reach. Just like having 5th gear to drag to reach the speed.

I have try a few brand and diff kind of speed control, multivar and roller. even spring.

To my preference, Stock parts is the best for pick up and top speed for daily usage.

With stock parts right now, I have reach top speed of 143. Can be higher but due to vibration, I just let go.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/soundless81/SwimmingSession.jpg

Apr 2006 ~ Current - Toyota Altis 1.6A

Apr 2010 ~ Current - X9 500(Big Bulb-大ç¯æ³¡)

May 2010 ~ Current - 150cc ET8(Little Lamb)

Oct 2010 ~ Oct 2012 - FZ6S2(肥仔六)

Oct 2012 ~ Current - ZG1400(鸡踢鸭)

Hi kenny according to wat you PM mi...

Dr Pulley can be used in my Polini Maxi Speed Control... however Dr Pulley will wear off my variator faster ?

:cheeky:

I have use Dr-Pully Roller before. It never wear my variator. I have heard that its does, but is due to place wrongly. My dr-pully roller use for Est.3k i throw le.

wah 3K onli change ah ? wear out so fast ?

too light for me. 8k RPM only reach 90++km/h Drag till sianz

But pick up is GOOD

HELP!

yESterday night when i rode back from JP, suddenly my bike like no power.. i full throttle only reach 4k + 5k.. then the temp suddenly shoot up to red zone.. super scare.. then when stop @ lights, the bike die off.. then when i tried very hard to start, i pull full throttle the bike can only go up 2K den die off again..

luckily i got back to home.. open up my coolant (as i touch here touch there my bike not hot at all but shows in red zone), shock to see not even a drop inside.. i faster go up take 2Litre water and pour inside test is it leaking.. woo.. is leaking.. through a small like sharp point point thing located @ the end of the air-filter..

Some white colour liquid dripped out, and when i pour more water, woah.. the water flush out through that sharp point thing..

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IS IT COOLANT PUMP / COOLANT PUMP BEARING SPOILT? or other anything else? I need to tow to WM but how do i do it? can i hop on to the lorry as well? haha..

and last question.. how much is it to repair?

Oct 2009 - Passed 2B - Piaggio X9 Almafi

May 2010 - Passed 3 - Hyundai Matrix 1.6 FL

August 2012 - Passed 2A - Super 4 Revo

June 2014 - Mazda 3 SP Luxury 1.6A

Hi Hi, bought a X9 and today got the bike ....

My personal feeling the bike is heavy and having a difficulty when turning .. is that normal?

Bought a 7 Years old X9 .. Outlook ok ...

What kind of difficulty in turning? Like very wobbly? Lots of vibration that you need to really grab the handlebar?

200 Miles Per Hour, No Hands... Damn That Would Be Cool Right Before The Part Where You Die...

Bike History

2005 - Cagiva Mito 125

2007 - Daelim Daystar 125

2008/2009 - Piaggio X9 500

2017 - Triumph Speed Triple 1050

HELP!

yESterday night when i rode back from JP, suddenly my bike like no power.. i full throttle only reach 4k + 5k.. then the temp suddenly shoot up to red zone.. super scare.. then when stop @ lights, the bike die off.. then when i tried very hard to start, i pull full throttle the bike can only go up 2K den die off again..

luckily i got back to home.. open up my coolant (as i touch here touch there my bike not hot at all but shows in red zone), shock to see not even a drop inside.. i faster go up take 2Litre water and pour inside test is it leaking.. woo.. is leaking.. through a small like sharp point point thing located @ the end of the air-filter..

Some white colour liquid dripped out, and when i pour more water, woah.. the water flush out through that sharp point thing..

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IS IT COOLANT PUMP / COOLANT PUMP BEARING SPOILT? or other anything else? I need to tow to WM but how do i do it? can i hop on to the lorry as well? haha..

and last question.. how much is it to repair?

I'm not sure what spoil, but I can answer you on the other part.

If its the Bearing thingy spoil, like some kind of washer looking thingy or something, its some set package of parts, it'll cost about $60+. If its the Pump, I'm not sure.

As for towing, you can call Bikebulance at 64255333, or get the workshop to do it for you. You casn hop on the lorry to go over the workshop with them. Just let the driving uncle know. If he's going to pick up another bike first, you just follow him to collect the other first then go over to your bike shop.

200 Miles Per Hour, No Hands... Damn That Would Be Cool Right Before The Part Where You Die...

Bike History

2005 - Cagiva Mito 125

What kind of difficulty in turning? Like very wobbly? Lots of vibration that you need to really grab the handlebar?

errr .. maybe when u ride on the road .. then if i want to turn left .. the handlebar like super tight .. it will stay at center ... i need to turn harder lor ...

hi guys, just took over a x9 from a friend. the LCD display is foggy. what can i do to remove that.. or is it just spoilt or something?

The LCD plastic fog up le. You can try to use some plastic polish to improve it. But can`t remove it.

errr .. maybe when u ride on the road .. then if i want to turn left .. the handlebar like super tight .. it will stay at center ... i need to turn harder lor ...

You should bring down to a workshop to have it checked, might save your life. Like really save your life.

Bike History

2005 - Cagiva Mito 125

hi guys, just took over a x9 from a friend. the LCD display is foggy. what can i do to remove that.. or is it just spoilt or something?

Foggy probably from the plastic part only. The buttons and the values run normally, it should be alright.

My buttons aren't even working, but I don't really bother. Lol!

Bike History

2005 - Cagiva Mito 125